Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

IBF Pulley (Poland Pulley) Feedback

Old 09-03-2016, 11:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IBF Pulley (Poland Pulley) Feedback

Hey All,

Happy Labor Day! Hope everybody's staying safe from the storm.

I'm really considering getting the 65mm steel IBF SC pulley. Being that it's steel and I could not find any horror stories on it (or really any stories for that matter) are my determine factors over the EC pulley. Can anybody give some realworld feedback with some decent mileage on it?

Thanks in advance!

-Shawn

Old 09-03-2016, 01:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: IBF Pulley (Poland Pulley) Feedback

Hi,
6000 miles. No issues. SLK32 AMG though.
Steven

Old 09-03-2016, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by No2fast
Hi,
6000 miles. No issues. SLK32 AMG though.
Steven
Awesome! That's what I'm hoping to hear. Did you add any PSK, scatter shield or other ancillary pulley/belt mods?

Old 09-03-2016, 06:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Poland pulley goes round and round after 1 year and aprox. 12k miles combined with lm21 5 pulley kit

Old 09-03-2016, 06:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ShawnPR141
Hey All,

Happy Labor Day! Hope everybody's staying safe from the storm.

I'm really considering getting the 65mm steel IBF SC pulley. Being that it's steel and I could not find any horror stories on it (or really any stories for that matter) are my determine factors over the EC pulley. Can anybody give some realworld feedback with some decent mileage on it?

Thanks in advance!

-Shawn
Can't on that one Shawn. I have an Code 3 SC pulley. It adds a little grunt but not enough to make it worth the expense and hassle. If you really want a significant improvement go with a crank pulley. However, if you go with the really big one 185 , you might have to make other mods. Namely the idler pulley, and possibly the inter-cooler. The idler pulley is a must as the stock one's fail. The inte-rcooler depends on how hard you are going to push it. Some guys change the injectors too. There are people way more knowledgeable than me on this forum. My wife is from Poland, she has worked out very well.

Old 09-03-2016, 08:12 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Max
Can't on that one Shawn. I have an Code 3 SC pulley. It adds a little grunt but not enough to make it worth the expense and hassle. If you really want a significant improvement go with a crank pulley. However, if you go with the really big one 185 , you might have to make other mods. Namely the idler pulley, and possibly the inter-cooler. The idler pulley is a must as the stock one's fail. The inte-rcooler depends on how hard you are going to push it. Some guys change the injectors too. There are people way more knowledgeable than me on this forum. My wife is from Poland, she has worked out very well.
Now I know how you get your black car looking real good?
You bring out the Polish and she does it for you.

Sorry, bad pun but the best I could think up.

Old 09-03-2016, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by ShawnPR141
Awesome! That's what I'm hoping to hear. Did you add any PSK, scatter shield or other ancillary pulley/belt mods?
No PSK, no belt mods. Just the pulley.
I had several 175 mph runs in the past on the german autobahn as well.
pulley still lives in symbiosis with the supercharger

Old 09-03-2016, 09:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Now I know how you get your black car looking real good?
You bring out the Polish and she does it for you.

Sorry, bad pun but the best I could think of.
Once she saw a bottle of Polish remover I had and thought I was planning a divorce.

Old 09-04-2016, 04:04 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=Mr. Max;873534]Can't on that one Shawn. I have an Code 3 SC pulley. It adds a little grunt but not enough to make it worth the expense and hassle. If you really want a significant improvement go with a crank pulley.[ /QUOTE]

Really??? I guess that 11.99 on a summer street tire with a 65 is pretty sad then! It's all about the tune and supporting mods. Mine isn't steel or Polish (EC) but it's been on 2 cars for over 20K miles with no issues. Look at the signature below for mods.

Old 09-04-2016, 09:27 AM

Once she saw a bottle of Polish remover I had and thought I was planning a divorce.
Hahaha... My wife is Polish so I can totally relate

Those Polish women sure are some hard workers though! Hopefully the pulley is too

-Shawn

Old 09-06-2016, 12:33 PM
Forum Regular
Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Ive head the polish pulley 65mm steel on mine for over a year. My car is a DD, i do have the needswings PSK, I put that own when I did the pulley. No issues to report. My car is also not tune.

Old 09-06-2016, 01:54 PM

I had several 175 mph runs in the past on the german autobahn as well.
pulley still lives in symbiosis with the supercharger
175? So you've had the limiter removed? via ECU tune?

Old 09-06-2016, 04:19 PM

Yes. the speed limiter was removed when the ecu was flashed by the tuner.
Btw back in the days AMG did remove the limiter in Germany as a service for SOME extra cash. AFAIK the limit for the SLK32 was 280 km/h (aprx 175 mph).
But it makes no sense to me to go any further because the engine revs close to the limiter. It takes not longer than a minute to got to 175 but the iat`s are scary dangerous at that speed as well.

I have to modify the cooling system for better high speed performance anyway as the next step.

Steven

Berlin Germany

Old 09-07-2016, 01:47 AM
Forum Regular
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Yes. the speed limiter was removed when the ecu was flashed by the tuner.
Btw back in the days AMG did remove the limiter in Germany as a service for SOME extra cash. AFAIK the limit for the SLK32 was 280 km/h (aprx 175 mph).
But it makes no sense to me to go any further because the engine revs close to the limiter. It takes not longer than a minute to got to 175 but the iat`s are scary dangerous at that speed as well.

I have to modify the cooling system for better high speed performance anyway as the next step.

Steven

Berlin Germany
I imagine it would All be a bit scary at 175mph !
How is the AFR ? Do you have any fuel mods ? amg55 pump? bigger injectors?

thanks
dave

Old 09-07-2016, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by daveesrt6
I imagine it would All be a bit scary at 175mph !
How is the AFR ? Do you have any fuel mods ? amg55 pump? bigger injectors?
thanks
dave
Just the 55 pump as AMG recommended in the past for the v-max mod, no AFR gauge.
I allways use Aral ultimate 102 fuel (from the gas station) to prevent detonation and pre-ignition.

Another guy here in Germany with a SLK32 and similar setup was running 185 (GPS not speedo). Same polnish pulley but obviously more courage than me .

Old 09-07-2016, 01:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can you please clarify this a bit for me?

Both Crank pulley and sc pulley increase supercharger rpm's, therefore creating more power via more boost. I was under the impression both were fairly equal, assuming the sizes were comparable.

Also, you claim the 65 mm only adds a little grunt. I have a hard time believing that (note, I run stock pulley, haven't installed my 62 mm pulley yet). On FI cars, I know turning up the boost provides significant gains in power. I've also read some reviews and you are the first to say "adds a little grunt".

Thanks!

P.S. - Chuk, you have to break 11.95 to join the 11 second club, 11.99 is too close to 12 :P

Last edited by 05srtsix; 09-07-2016 at 01:15 PM.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:36 PM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am considering purchasing one of these in the near future. So to be clear, this pulley can be safely run without additional tuning? I have a Eurocharged ECU tune and will likely reach out to them for a re-tune after installing the pulley, but just in case funds are tight and I decide to wait on the re-tune I want to ensure that the car will still be ok to drive w/o tuning to accommodate the pulley.

Old 08-30-2017, 04:51 PM
THREE 6S

Originally Posted by HOT FIYA
I am considering purchasing one of these in the near future. So to be clear, this pulley can be safely run without additional tuning? I have a Eurocharged ECU tune and will likely reach out to them for a re-tune after installing the pulley, but just in case funds are tight and I decide to wait on the re-tune I want to ensure that the car will still be ok to drive w/o tuning to accommodate the pulley.
Just don't go WOT, unless you have a data-logging devise to check vital signs.

Old 08-31-2017, 01:21 AM
JSK
Received 104 Likes on 86 Posts

I had a EC tune done before I installed the IBF pulley on my coupe. Never had any issues and I drive that car pretty hard. I think the ecu learns well enough to not be a problem.

Old 08-31-2017, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by HOT FIYA

I have one on my SLK32. Selling it soon, because the car has to go. Aprx. 8000 miles on it now.

If you`re interested, let me know.

It´s safe on a stock tune. For sure, if you don`t have modded manifolds or special add ons

I would recommend buying an AFR tool anyway to check what is going on.

I am stacked now with many mods. I was shocked what happend with the AFR`s after adding a 166mm crankshaft pulley. I had to rise fuel pressure up to 5.1 bar to be safe not running lean on top. Still running low 13´s wot on higer rpms but with better fuel.

Steven

Berlin Germany

Quick Reply: IBF Pulley (Poland Pulley) Feedback