Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

0-100 times, race start, tires-need advice

Old 12-02-2016, 01:40 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: 0-100 times, race start, tires-need advice

I've hit 11.992 on street tires, can't seem to replicate the feat on "slicks". Running MT ET Street 26x10.5/16 on 13lb MB Tolimann wheels and have tried every PSI from 25 to 15. I'm thinking I need to wait for better DA to try again. My advice is to practice practice practice until you know how the car reacts to your foot. My first runs were 13.7-13.8 @ 105 and I've dropped that almost 2 seconds in a few years. Driver mod is always the most important mod!

Old 12-02-2016, 08:36 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Chuk is right about practicing several different launches until you find the right one. If you can find the right compound in a street tire and if the track prep is good, you can match a drag radial in performance. The problem is track prep. Street racing, you really need a drag radial. I mean controlled street racing like you see on TV or like what Jim does. He's posted a few photos of the place he goes. That type of racing gets little track prep. My coupe would roast the tires I have, but with the drag radials, it is really coming off the line hard now. Can't wait for spring. Get out there and drive that thing. Love my wavetrac though. Highly recommend it. See if Rob will hook you up with a group buy. Drag radials/wavetrac....lol

Old 02-10-2017, 05:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

chuck, but you dropped that 2 seconds not only with driver mode didnt you? )) I praqtice and guess I've already got pretty good driver mode, I'll continue practising for sure. thanks for advice. I guess the matter is track prep. that has been mentioned above, the track where I go racing and thats the best one we've got , isnt prepared for drag racing, its for circuit racing and there is no any glue, or such preparations held, similar to drag race. its just a track road and thats all.

p.s. teach me how the hell I can tag a member I apply to )))

Old 09-20-2018, 03:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone tested these drag radials are they worth buying for shaving down the 0-60ft?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255-50-16-M...ry!19711!US!-1

or there are better ones available? if so, please provide me with the link