Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Fixed SC pulley ?

Old 09-04-2017, 01:26 PM
Forum Regular
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Fixed SC pulley ?

I just got a reply from Jerry at eurocharged:
"Sorry sir… I do not tune for fixed SC pulleys any longer ".

so no fixed pulley srt6 .
oh well we all learnt something.

Old 09-04-2017, 05:08 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes Jim, No clutch used with the V-8's using a Weistec Supercharger. Have no idea how the V-6's would perform on street or strip without a electronic clutch for the supercharger. Squirrel Crusher

Old 11-30-2022, 02:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am probably asking in the wrong location an d I apologize. I have been reading a lot of info on this and I am reaching out. I am having josh tune my SRT ecu and am unsure what pully size (fixed or not) would be you fine folks recommend? Thank you in advance.

Old 11-30-2022, 05:17 PM
Received 97 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by rednrollin
I am probably asking in the wrong location an d I apologize. I have been reading a lot of info on this and I am reaching out. I am having josh tune my SRT ecu and am unsure what pully size (fixed or not) would be you fine folks recommend? Thank you in advance.
rednrollin
Forget the supercharger pulley and buy an ASP 178 Crank pulley, no failure rate reported over the years. It's on sale at NeedsWings (a reliable supplier) at this time and for the past 15+ years for our Crossfires.
Previous aluminum supercharger after market pulleys failed in numerous engines and the steel models are hard to find.....
Dennis
DTMenace

Last edited by DTMenace; 12-01-2022 at 05:07 PM.
The following users liked this post:
latemodel21 (12-01-2022)
Old 12-01-2022, 01:24 PM
Received 458 Likes on 221 Posts

I will second the larger crank pulley. Bigger initial expense, but no chance of an upper pulley failure due to inferior bearings or materials that have been used in the bulk of the aftermarket units. Side benefit of less problems with belt slippage on the upper pulley, also.

Old 12-07-2022, 08:58 AM
Received 80 Likes on 69 Posts

Because my car was tuned for 65mm pulley when I purchased it, I wanted to stay with that setup. My issue was that I had the aluminum pulley and it scared me. There wasn't really anything wrong with it except a bearing that was starting to get dry and would have needed replacement.
So I talked to a few members on the forum and ended up going the 65mm steel pulley route from a company in Poland that was recommended to me. Did some research and people on MBWorld and here spoke highly of them.
Not only is that pulley a phenomenal price (Great exchange rate between Polish Zloty and Dollar), it's also made extremely well. Hardened steel with titanium springs.
Have never had an issue with belt slip..if that was of concern, could always get a belt wrap kit from Needswings but I didn't see the need for myself. Feel free to PM me with contact info for these guys in Poland if you are interested.

Old 12-07-2022, 04:48 PM
Received 202 Likes on 153 Posts

in N C there is a V6 -srt6 with a fixed pulley the guy , James is his name. josh tuned his car on a dyno took a few days to do it but he likes it pm me i give u his phone # jim

Old 12-07-2022, 06:20 PM
Received 80 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by amx1397
in N C there is a V6 -srt6 with a fixed pulley the guy , James is his name. josh tuned his car on a dyno took a few days to do it but he likes it pm me i give u his phone # jim
Would the SC always on decrease lifespan of the blower? Also, I'd imagine the engineers of these things had a reason they use the clutch system for that particular supercharger. Maybe the supercharger not always being on and occasionally turning off is a safeguard to make sure in certain instances the blower shuts itself off to prevent damage?
Just wondering...I trust these guys enough to believe there is a real important reason why the magnetic clutch plate and clutch system is there to begin with. Besides, I'd imagine gas mileage would suffer but that is neglectable as the point obviously is to make our cars faster and increase boost and therefore gas mileage should be on the bottom of the list. Just curious.

Old 12-07-2022, 06:44 PM
Received 458 Likes on 221 Posts

The E55 guys have not noticed any appreciable change in that regard. The superchargers just do not sound very good at idle, and that is the reason the SC disengages when you come to a stop. It also disengages if the IATs get too high, but that is not a huge concern, for the most part.

Old 12-08-2022, 02:31 PM
Received 202 Likes on 153 Posts

i don't think it would change much ,if any if you notice as soon as u start your car the SC is turning as air has to go through ( yesif u race your car or just want the most performance from it then, the fixed pulley is something to think about.
as far as longevity of the SC u can stop it with a rag pushing on magnetic coil

Old 01-07-2023, 02:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nickwe21
Because my car was tuned for 65mm pulley when I purchased it, I wanted to stay with that setup. My issue was that I had the aluminum pulley and it scared me. There wasn't really anything wrong with it except a bearing that was starting to get dry and would have needed replacement.
So I talked to a few members on the forum and ended up going the 65mm steel pulley route from a company in Poland that was recommended to me. Did some research and people on MBWorld and here spoke highly of them.
Not only is that pulley a phenomenal price (Great exchange rate between Polish Zloty and Dollar), it's also made extremely well. Hardened steel with titanium springs.
Have never had an issue with belt slip..if that was of concern, could always get a belt wrap kit from Needswings but I didn't see the need for myself. Feel free to PM me with contact info for these guys in Poland if you are interested.
I had the Polish 65m steel pulley on my srt6, it worked great and never noticed any slipping. I was going to get the belt wrap kit and SC pulley Saver bolt on next for peace of mind but ended up selling it. Best of luck.

Old 03-22-2023, 02:28 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I had my fix pully on for 2 year (im the guy from nc) still run it to this day and no issues