Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

The "C" will likely be my last mopar by choice

Old 01-29-2018, 02:48 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Thumbs down The "C" will likely be my last mopar by choice

Here is a posting from, my ram forum I put up yesterday:

Just checking in to let you know what I discovered.

I would not buy another mopar after dealing with the local dealer after owing a 84 and 88 daytona Cs series, 2004 durango, 2009 ram 1500, 1973 challenger with 6 pack 440 and 05 crossfire. They are theives clear and simple.

Got a hub replaced and after 40 miles of driving got an abs light ( above) after finding that the dealer wanted 160$ for pulling the codes that I have gotten they were wanting much more to fix issue.

wENT TO EBAY GOT AN ABS MODULE FOR $160 AND WENT TO LOCAL SHOP WHERE $84 INSTALLED THE VIN NUMBER FIXING THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. C2200 is internal module fault, known issue and TSB is out on it saying module is to be flashed by dealer ( never gonna happen ).

2. COde will not clear, you have to swap out the module and vin code it to fix the issue. NO RESET will work.

3. Never go to the dealer unless warranty covers all charges. They wanted $2200 to pull the dash for the ac motor replacement on a door. Part came from ebay for 17$ shipped and it behiind the glove box, with 2 screws - 10 minute job!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Use Utube and ebay and local repair shops --- dealers never.

My dealer Linsay dodge in manassas has driven my to nix further dodges. I sorta want a hemi challenger to go with my 440-6pac challenger 1973 and a replacment for my 2004 hemi durango. Lousy service - leave it for a day for inspections.... $160$ to read codes that I have pulled and found a a TSB for.... Screw them I refuse to let them profit from my service. I HAVE DECIDED IAM GOING FOREIGN AT THE AGE OF 71.

Ford dropped v8's

Chevy interiors fall apart

DOdges have lousy service and predatory pricing

So its off shore for me Nissan - Toyota - Subaru or something not riddled with stealership attitudes.

NO CAR IF ITS A MOPAR and this goes back some 50 years !!!!!!!!!!!!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Woody

Old 01-29-2018, 05:31 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: The "C" will likely be my last mopar by choice

He's so mad , he's cussing in tongues!

Old 01-29-2018, 07:55 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Actually Steve, that's kinda Latin from a plaque on General Curtis LeMay's desk in the 50's.
It means "Don't Let The Bastards Grind You Down"

Old 01-29-2018, 08:11 PM
Forum Regular
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Waldig - Went to my Chrysler dealer because the siren keeps going off for no good reason. They couldn't find the problem. Then they finally said it was the batteries in my key fob. They replaced $4.00 worth of batteries and charged me $22.00 for that! Now my auto door locks that lock when you accelerate, do not work. Charged me $220.00 trying to find out why the siren goes off and still does. Told them to check the cabin air filter and replace it with a charcoal filter. They told me my car, a 2005 Limited Coupe, did not have a cabin air filter. I told them where it could be found on the car and then I left. Enough of dealerships.

Jim

Old 01-29-2018, 10:29 PM
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Don't be down on Chrysler, they didn't make the Crossfire (see the "made in Germany" on the door jamb. Don't ask why it doesn't say "Hergestellt in Deutschland".) They did add the extensible spoiler, 18/19" wheels, grille design and badges but not much else.

Personally avoid dealers (any brand) except for oil changes, recalls, and warranty work but salesmen, lawyers, and politicians all have similar attitudes. It is just their nature (See The Scorpion and the Frog).

So there are some cars I like and others I don't. All of mine are interesting. All I buy are because I like it and could really care less about the manufacturer. Just have never run out of oddballs I like.

Do tend to group by powertrains though and prefer sixes.

But my Crossfire and my SLK320 have more in common with each other than anything made by Chrysler.

Old 01-30-2018, 06:54 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Padgett, I guess you know you are preaching to the Preacher, right.
Woody has been around Crossfires since before I was born, and I am now 73

Old 02-02-2018, 12:03 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Unfortunately I will have to agree with you as well and then some. I don't think I will ever be buying a new FCA product any time soon, let alone almost any other brand that sells cars in north America at the moment. Yea I know

Most people make their decision on a OEM based on the "public" experience with the manufacturer, very few get to see the other side of things, the "direct manufacturer" experience; ie tier 1 oem suppliers and design contributions; stuff that goes on behind the scenes. Having experienced it from both sides you see some questionable decision making and business practices thru all the OEM's. There are a lot of dynamics all contributing at once, but it makes it tough for me personally to choose a decent oem. They all have issues, but for the avg consumer it does relate to the dealer experience, and a few dealers do present a "negative" image of the OEM.

I myself have a bit of a soft spot for Mercedes as my choice OEM, but it is very specific to the "when". MB was building proper cars up until early 90's, with a few special good cars since then (mainly higher trim AMG models). The lineup they have today IMO tarnishes the Mercedes marque that they have spent decades building the image. I cant believe how many "fluff" "following the fad" models they have in their showroom, cars that lack the MB "best or nothing" passion that they had imo.

Last edited by Sik Srt-6; 02-02-2018 at 12:07 PM.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:35 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Sik Srt-6
Unfortunately I will have to agree with you as well and then some. I don't think I will ever be buying a new FCA product any time soon, let alone almost any other brand that sells cars in north America at the moment. Yea I know

Most people make their decision on a OEM based on the "public" experience with the manufacturer, very few get to see the other side of things, the "direct manufacturer" experience; ie tier 1 oem suppliers and design contributions; stuff that goes on behind the scenes. Having experienced it from both sides you see some questionable decision making and business practices thru all the OEM's. There are a lot of dynamics all contributing at once, but it makes it tough for me personally to choose a decent oem. They all have issues, but for the avg consumer it does relate to the dealer experience, and a few dealers do present a "negative" image of the OEM.

I myself have a bit of a soft spot for Mercedes as my choice OEM, but it is very specific to the "when". MB was building proper cars up until early 90's, with a few special good cars since then (mainly higher trim AMG models). The lineup they have today IMO tarnishes the Mercedes marque that they have spent decades building the image. I cant believe how many "fluff" "following the fad" models they have in their showroom, cars that lack the MB "best or nothing" passion that they had imo.
True but if you want to cover the market and not just the higher end of it you have to come in with a lower price. That is the way the market is these days.
You have to make money where you can and the stockholders of MB want to see a good return on their investment. The dollar rules and anyone who forgets that is doomed to failure.