Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Proud SRT-6 from Australia

Old 08-22-2018, 02:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proud SRT-6 from Australia

G'day to you all from all the way downunder.

Just over seven years ago, i reached out to some members on this lovely forum and got some advice regarding purchasing one of these beautiful cars.
A member by the name of Kolevski was quick to get in touch and it wasn't long before I'd gone to inspect the beast I still own today.

05 / 06 Model SRT-6 Black Coupe. 1 of only 126 RH Drive models to have been built from what I've been told.

Well, after 7 years and a mere 64,000 kilometres as my daily driver she is finally nearing the 100k km mark. As a birthday present for being such a good reliable car I felt it was time to spend some money on her and give her some more treats.

When I bought her she already had the 62mm Supercharger pulley and a Needswings Single CAI as well as a sprint booster.
The poor old girl gets a bath about once a year or maybe twice if she's lucky.

The recent list of parts that i've just ordered from Needswings are as follows:

Lower Valve Cover Gaskets
Manns Fleece Oil Filter
Engine Mount set
Ignition Kit (including the Magnecor 8.5mm Cables)
Supercharger oil & Syringe
NSK Supercharger bearing to suit the 62mm Supercharger Pulley (with bolt & washer)
Dust / Pollen Cabin Filter
OEM Radiator Hose Kit with new clamps and bracket
Coolant Temp Sensor
Thermostat
Intercooler Fluid Isolation kit
Transmission Service Kit
K & N Xstream Filter upgrade
OEM Crank Pulley with tools as necessary
Goodridge G-Stop Brake Line Kit
Needswings Oil Catch Can
Wiper Caps
and a Brand new Key.
oh and I'd ordered a EUROCHARGE Tune for when she's finished.

During my time of ownership I've replaced the fuel pump, alternator and serpentine belt with not much else going wrong with her. (Touch wood) What an absolute pleasure to own and to drive.

As you can imagine I'm more than a little excited to get my hands dirty, get some work done and get her back to feeling like her old self again.
I will be posting some pics on here if you all don't mind, to share my love for the car.

Will keep you posted in the coming weeks as the work starts to begin.

Fate

Old 08-22-2018, 10:19 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Proud SRT-6 from Australia

Its great to here your reviving , your baby, back to its full potential. We all look forward to seeing the pics and helping in any way possible. Maybe wash it, 3x a yr....lol

Old 08-31-2018, 06:41 PM
Default Minor Update

Sorry for not updating sooner.
Spent Thursday afternoon with a couple of mates doing the 1st step in the process of fun stuff ahead.

For quite some time now I have had a chattering noise that I have suspected to be the Charger pulley bearing. A new bearing was ordered about 12 months ago along with charger fluid.
Finally organised with the mates to get into a workshop and do this painfully simple task to rid myself of that damn chatter noise.

Only managed to drain about 110ml of fluid from the charger after much prodding and poking round with the syringe hose. Makes me concerned that maybe the chatter noise was from a lack of fluid instead of the bearing itself.
In the process, we took the measurement of the charger pulley and found it wasn't actually a 62mm pulley but instead it's a 65mm. Don't know if this makes me sad or happy. Regardless of the fact, we swapped out the bearing, changed the fluid and put about 150ml of Jet Oil in.

Cranked her over and Whalllaaaa no more chattering noise. WOOHOO!!!

I do now however hear the most annoying sound of injectors or possibly lifter noise. *sigh*
Regardless of this fact, the terrible chatter is definitely gone and the charger is already "Feeling" like she's pulling on smoother.

Confirmation email came through from Rob at Needswings... MY PARTS HAVE BEEN SHIPPED!!!!

Here are some pics of the car for entertainment sake.

Please let me know if photos are too big or if I need to upload them somewhere else prior to posting?

More fun stuff happening in the coming weeks.

Fate

Old 08-31-2018, 06:48 PM

Old 09-11-2018, 04:38 AM

Box of goodies arrived today from NeedsWings!

Pulled in to the local Autobarn store to get Oil and coolant.
Came out 10 minutes later and found that I had made a new friend.Parked beside me was this beautiful Sapphire Silver SRT-6.
I waited an extra 10 minutes eagerly to see the driver and was not disappointed.

Lovely middle aged lady by the name of Vivian came out of the Chemist next door and we had a quick but good chat about the cars and their rarity.

Hopefully I will be organising to get the parts fitted in the coming week or so.

To say that I'm excited is an understatement.

Fate

Old 09-12-2018, 06:05 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How good is that, 2 SRT's side by side, perfection!!!. Come on lets see more XF's down under.

FITH

Old 09-21-2018, 05:11 PM

Are the bumper beepers aftermarket? I didn't think they made em OEM? My Electric Chrysler Mini-van has em but they came that way lol.

Thanks!

Old 09-21-2018, 08:45 PM

Genuine OEM mopar reverse sensors. Also got the crossfire illuminated door sils. Rear cargo cover. Mopar side mirror indicators.

All I'm missing is the humidor set