Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

My baby is home! :)

Old 10-12-2018, 07:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My baby is home! :)

Hey everyone!

I’ve been lurking for a while now and posting bits and pieces here (SRT long road trip thread). At last I have my new (to me) SRT6. Its dark grey and I flew to FL to get it and drove it home. I only paid $7200 for it and it has 80,000 miles on it now (1500 of that was the way home lol). The paint has a few issue but that’s the sacrifice I was willing to make for the really good price!!!

Why:

This was a surprise car for my wife as the Crossfire is her DREAM CAR… I always told her one day when I can afford it I’d get her one. Of course I got this for both of us but I did put a big red bow on it when I showed it to her. She had NO CLUE about this… I have other business in Fort Myers so making an excuse to “fly there on business” was perfect as she had NO CLUE what I was up to. I even fudged a return flight so she didn’t ask why I only bought a single one way ticket…

Back story:

Back in 2007 she (we) had the chance to buy one and didn’t because we were talking about starting a life and having kids, etc…. Well 11 years later I’m fortunate enough to be able to afford such a nice vehicle after paying off my 2012 RAM 1500. I recently bought a 2018 Electric ORANGE Pacifica mini-van too… one of only 2 orange models within 1000 miles of the Chicago area!!!!! Custom order paint color J. When I was younger and fresh out of college in 2008, making good money and living with my parent still (I was only 20) I bought a brand new 300C SRT8 as well and that was my fast car to my freedom as a kid fresh out of college. I sold it for the RAM I have now because I needed a more practical vehicle for my life-style – Boat in particular.

Making this a reality:

As such, I always told myself since 2007 when my wife decided to get a new Chevy Cobalt at the time since it was an economy car that had 4 doors that I’d get a Crossfire one day. That of course was replaced shortly after cuz it was too small and kids were coming in the following years. So we started with a potential crossfire, settled for a small Chevy car due to practicality, then ended up getting a fully loaded Jeep Liberty which 6 months ago was traded for the mini-van. Life right? Anyways, after all that I finally have my wife’s dream car and it’s an SRT which I *HAVE* to have. It’s in my blood…

Furthermore, when I was younger I actually got an SRT tattoo and of course I still have it and don’t regret it at all. Here is a picture of my SRT Tattoo too: http://toughbooktalk.com/public_down...03_1728523.jpg

All in all through I had one scammer attempt to sell me this car here with only 11,315 miles for only $9500. Too good to be true of course… He refunded my $500 down payment and said he was leaving the country… This was after I told him I was gonna fly out, pay cash and drive it home. He insisted in sending a bank wire and his “company” would ship it to me. Come one man, you’re not fooling anyone!!! I of course left him a negative feedback and I reported him to eBay!! This one here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Chrysl....m43663.l10137

Anyways there were two other blue ones which both went gray on me too, both in Ner Jersey. This one here I attempted to buy at face value ($7300) and after chatting with me from a “private caller” line I never heard from him again either: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Chrysl....m43663.l10137

This one here wouldn’t come down past $8200 which was more than I wanted to spend too and he went gray on me as well and stopped responding: https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ode1=CROSSFIRE

After that I went a bit sideways and attempted to buy this one here for $2000. A kid wrecked his car. I never heard from him so I’m assuming he get $2500 for it. This would have been a project car which my father would have helped me with: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Chrysl....m43663.l10137

All in and all through this is the one I ended up getting for $7200: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Chrysl....m43663.l10137

All in and all through I forked over $200 over in Carfax reports too… I have 10 total Carfax report PDF’s and I’ve published those here in case anyone wants to see them: Index of /public_downloads/Robs Stuff/SRT Stuff

Thanks for taking the time to read all this and I’m glad to be here! It’s a small community I’m finding with the AMG Mercedes being thrown into the loop on the Facebook group too of course since it’s the same car/engine. My wife is happy that I got the dark gray color (From what I’ve read there were only 4 original colors on the SRT and her first pick is pearl white (Which you can get a white normal x-fire but not an SRT) and her 2nd fav is the dark gray/gun metal J. I video’d her when she came home with the kids and her jaw was on the floor and she was speechless…

Thanks for everyone’s continued support here! I run the largest Toughbook forum (Toughbooktalk.com) and it’s my career and I know that everyone on there really appreciates the help and community and having this available just like what I run is very helpful so thank you everyone!

I am going to register the VIN database next week when I un-bury myself with work lol

Pictures:

Old 10-12-2018, 07:49 PM
Default Re: My baby is home! :)

BTW, I posed on the Facebook group but I'm VERY GLAD I brought a crankshalf sensor with me (Bosch one!!) because the one that was in the car when I bought it was bad and the car shut off on my on the Florida freeway!! I changed it out in one of my new employees garage in Tampa lol! Too bad I didn't have the correct torx sockets and I had to buy em at the Auto Zone!!

Old 10-12-2018, 10:23 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Welcome aboard AND congratulations on your purchase. That "battle ship gray" color really is classy...certainly goes well on this SRT6!. Very nice!

Regards,

Old 10-12-2018, 10:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to this wonderful forum and a great community of people who absolutely try to help each other in any way they can! It's a truly rare community with many avenues to explore for information. Since you considered a project car, i believe this forum will be a wealth of information to you as you fix or modify your srt6 yourself. I hope you enjoy this forum as much as I do, and again WELCOME to the gang!!
Btw your cars color is : graphite metallic
Sincerely,
. Badsrt2005

Last edited by BadSRT2005; 10-12-2018 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Incorrect data
Old 10-12-2018, 10:39 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

I would say your car color is Graphite Metallic.

Old 10-12-2018, 10:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by James1549
I would say your car color is Graphite Metallic.
you are correct, so i corrected my post, thank you

Old 10-12-2018, 10:52 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 448 Likes on 315 Posts

Welcome from Aurora, Illinois
Ive been here on the forum since 2007 and I am an admin here now for several years.
I owned a SSB Crossfire Coupe for 11 years and replaced it with this Aero Blue 6 speed Roaster back in March
If you are on Facebook ask to join my Chicago area Crossfire owners group too
What town are you in ?
We have several gatherings with the Wisconsin and Indiana owners over the summer months too.....Anyway Welcome

Gary
Click to join on Facebook and mention you were invited here.......
Chicago area Crossfire Group

Old 10-13-2018, 07:08 AM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

JB007Rules
Hello and congratulations to you and your wife! Looks like you found a very nice SRT6 at a great price! Your post here was EXCELLENT and including all the links and your experience with scammers was very helpful. The first scammer you mentioned is back at it again . . . Look here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Chrysler-Crossfire-/192685456407?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trks id=p2047675.m43663.l10137. Wish we were able to contact the "winning buyer" and warn them. Get active in the Crossfire community to really boost your enjoyment of the car. Lots of great friendly Crossfire owners and FUN Crossfire events. Happy that you changed from a lurker to a contributor!

Old 10-13-2018, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Valk
Welcome from Aurora, Illinois
Ive been here on the forum since 2007 and I am an admin here now for several years.
I owned a SSB Crossfire Coupe for 11 years and replaced it with this Aero Blue 6 speed Roaster back in March
If you are on Facebook ask to join my Chicago area Crossfire owners group too
What town are you in ?
We have several gatherings with the Wisconsin and Indiana owners over the summer months too.....Anyway Welcome

Gary
Click to join on Facebook and mention you were invited here.......
Chicago area Crossfire Group

Gary,

I'm right next to you in Montgomery! I grew up in Lombard!! I'd love to meet in Wisconsin for a Crossfire event too so I'll keep my eyes peeled for these! I just spent all day cleaning out my third garage port and installed a garage door opener so she's not out in the elements! The last owner and owner before that didn't keep this car in the garage and it shows!!! I'm gonna do some detailing soon myself with the help of my father.

FYI if you wanna grab a coffee or beer I'm cool with that too! I'm just a town over from you!

Old 10-13-2018, 09:10 PM

FYI I just joined up on that Chicago Crossfire group Gary.

Old 10-13-2018, 10:33 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 448 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by JB007Rules
FYI I just joined up on that Chicago Crossfire group Gary.
I have just added ya to the Chicago area Crossfire Group on Facebook

Old 10-19-2018, 03:42 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Good price for a nice car! Good luck with it.