Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

what is this??

Old 03-02-2019, 08:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default what is this??

this may be a duplicate post, and if so, i apologize, but i don't see what i thought i had posted in this forum anywhere.

i had to change out my overflow tank today and in doing so, i noticed these unusual plumbing valves in hoses attaching to the tank. i'm pretty sure that they aren't OEM (but of course there are good chances that i am in error). i have attached two pictures of the hose and valve on the hose attaching to the rear most part of the tank, and one picture of the hose that attaches to the upper front nipple on the tank (which is the ne that finally gave up and broke away from the tank body). i would appreciate knowing what you believe them to be and what the proper combination of open/close of the valves should be. needless to say, i have no idea. thanks on advance for the information and proper settings of the valves>

steve

Old 03-02-2019, 08:27 PM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Old 03-02-2019, 08:28 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: what is this??

That is a intercooler separatiom setup. As to valve positions, I'll have to wait for a real SRT6 person with that kit to chime in.

Old 03-02-2019, 09:19 PM
Received 197 Likes on 151 Posts

steve this system is to separate the water system (factory system goes through the radiator),( to lower IAT"s.. the tank, the heat exchanger and the motor with those valves closed the water in the heater never goes through the radiator ,,,it goes from the inter cooler pump to under the supercharger to the intercooler then to the heat exchanger then back to the intercooler pump remember on my car i had the killer chiller and my iat were 45 to 60 degrees most of the time yet my engine temp was 190. ,,you could have used a limited tank (as it only has one hose connection ) and saved about $100.00 jim
call me if you have any questions working on my newest V8 crossfire

Old 03-03-2019, 09:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Many thanks for the help and detailed operation explanation

Steve

Old 03-03-2019, 09:49 AM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by amx1397
steve this system is to separate the water system (factory system goes through the radiator),( to lower IAT"s.. the tank, the heat exchanger and the motor with those valves closed the water in the heater never goes through the radiator ,,,it goes from the inter cooler pump to under the supercharger to the intercooler then to the heat exchanger then back to the intercooler pump remember on my car i had the killer chiller and my iat were 45 to 60 degrees most of the time yet my engine temp was 190. ,,you could have used a limited tank (as it only has one hose connection ) and saved about $100.00 jim
call me if you have any questions working on my newest V8 crossfire
If you use the NA tank you would need to fill the IC cooling circuit separately, easy if you have the BMW tank fitted, not so easy if you do not. Would that be a correct interpretation as I am not really familiar with the cooling circuit?

Old 03-03-2019, 09:59 AM
Received 197 Likes on 151 Posts

that is correct, i had forgotten that because i had a 2.5 gal tank in place of my Battery(which was relocated into the trunk)
my tank had a 3" vented cover , i could add water or ice. no that was the highest point ever for the water system