Detail Shop The place to talk about the daily care of your Crossfire and share the products you use to care for your Crossfire

Silver trim paint code

Old 08-13-2007, 03:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silver trim paint code

Does anyone know the official paint code to match the silver color of the windshield trim, door handles and side strakes?

I have been going round and round with paintscratch.com. I thought the trim color was their Bright Silver Met CC 775. (Every other color they list matches a factory body color or the factory silver wheels. BS M CC 775 does not match anything on the factory list and shows to be almost white in color. Logically, that would be "Bingo!" to me.) The bottle they sent was labeled BS M CC 775 but inside was Sapphire Silver Met CC- the body color. (And a paint that they carry by the same Sapphire Silver name as the Chrysler.) As ps.com requested, I sent a sample of the paint back but also provided the full list of XF factory colors matched to their list and also pictures of the car with arrows pointing to the body color that I did not order and the trim color that I did order. My "replacement" paint arrived- it is Lt. Almond Met for our 2003 Pacifica! I've just emailed all this to ps.com and their response is go to the dealer or a body shop and get the paint code. Our local dealer has no idea- I tried that route three weeks ago. I am hoping somebody in the forum can help.

Thanks,
Guy

Old 08-13-2007, 05:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Silver trim paint code

Don't know if this will help but my official bottle of touch up paint has a number of 05179660AA. It also says PZA and lacquer paint on the bottle. I got it at my dealer when I bought my '04.

Old 08-13-2007, 05:09 PM

Phil -

Thanks for the reply. Just to confirm- your dealer was able to provide silver touch up paint for the windshield/door handle/strakes trim? My dealer's parts department couldn't find anything. Of course, this may be the difference between a "real" dealership that actually sold a number of Crossfires vs. our local dealership that is more into selling Jeeps, Dodge trucks and PT Cruisers.

Guy

Old 08-13-2007, 08:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes. I had a small blem in the windshield surround and that is they paint they ordered.

Old 08-18-2007, 04:01 PM

I was under the impression that the wheels and the silver trim you were referring to are the same paint... they aren't? Did you mention you had matching touch up paint for the factory wheels? If you do, could you share?

Thanks!
Matt

Old 08-18-2007, 04:08 PM
Forum Regular

Sharpie markers also make a silver metallic paint pen that is water proof too.

Old 08-18-2007, 04:25 PM

I can tell you this... that "paintscratch.com" is a total rip-off! Their prices are more than twice the DEALER prices (which are not discounted). I would check out a different dealer before I order anything from paintscratch.com. By the way, their website has my car paint code incorrect!

Matt

Old 08-20-2007, 11:46 AM

Yeah, I tried "PS".com because it was one of two sources that others on this forum had listed. I've learned three things. 1) at PS.com, the customer is always wrong upon complaint- despite the fact that 8 of 10 of their paint names are exact matches for the factory body color names (including SSB) and the online color "chips" are reasonable representations for the same factory colors (including SSB), 2) they can't figure out that it's possible that someone slapped the wrong label on the SSB paint bottles and 3) they just pick the bottle off the shelf and send it without checking, even when a customer provides lots of proof that the paint and label do not match. I even sent the Chrysler code that was kindly provided earlier in this thread- that got me another bottle with SSB in it...

But to give them some little credit, they did keep sending bottles of paint- I now have two SSBs, two light almonds for my wife's Pacifica and one clearcoat. (When I first told then that they sent the wrong paint for my Crossfire - very specific about "Crossfire," SSB and the silver that I had ordered, they sent a second light almond for the Pacifica. Go figure…)

Re the wheels question, all I can say is that in addition to the 8 factory named body colors, PS.com lists the Bright Silver that I've never received and another silver that they claim is the wheel touch up color. Looking at my car, I do think the wheels are a different silver than the whiter silver trim on the body parts.

Guy