Detail Shop The place to talk about the daily care of your Crossfire and share the products you use to care for your Crossfire

Official Meguiar's Clinic Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Official Meguiar's Clinic Thread

Originally Posted by PAULSXF
I'm signed up for the class Saturday and looking forward to meeting the group!!!

Mike-in-Orange, I saw you are also signed up for the Thursday night event?

Are you that close you can just show up or is there more going on then you are telling us???
I'm a regular at Meguiar's Thursday Night Open Garage sessions. They hold these almost every Thursday night during Daylight Savings Time, this one is just a special thing for an extreme makeover but it's still open to any registered forum member.

The Thursday Night sessions are a lot of fun. Meguiar's opens their garage to forum members and allow you to do pretty much anything with your car. There's always at least two Meguiar's employees there to help teach proper technique with the DA buffer, rotary, etc. You can use the machines, polishes, waxes, interior products, etc. It's all free and they even feed you. I'm to the point now where I'm usually there to help the new people, show them how to use the tools, etc. It's because of my time spent there that I was invited to be part of the Meguiar's Ford SEMA team, did the Alpine Electronics buff out for their custom builds that are at the Consumer Electronics Show right now, etc.

And, yes, I'm that close that I can just show up!! I live about 20 minutes away in south OC.

Old 01-08-2008, 07:13 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange
I'm a regular at Meguiar's Thursday Night Open Garage sessions. They hold these almost every Thursday night during Daylight Savings Time, this one is just a special thing for an extreme makeover but it's still open to any registered forum member.

The Thursday Night sessions are a lot of fun. Meguiar's opens their garage to forum members and allow you to do pretty much anything with your car. There's always at least two Meguiar's employees there to help teach proper technique with the DA buffer, rotary, etc. You can use the machines, polishes, waxes, interior products, etc. It's all free and they even feed you. I'm to the point now where I'm usually there to help the new people, show them how to use the tools, etc.
Wow! That's excellent and great to know.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike-in-Orange,

Do these meetings actually get all of the participants who sign up or are there always a couple of no shows? I'm on standby but wouldn't be happy to drive up from San Diego in the hopes of having a seat available only to find a full house. If there are generally a couple of no shows then I'll risk the trip.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Brent
Mike-in-Orange,

Do these meetings actually get all of the participants who sign up or are there always a couple of no shows? I'm on standby but wouldn't be happy to drive up from San Diego in the hopes of having a seat available only to find a full house. If there are generally a couple of no shows then I'll risk the trip.
There are almost always a few no-shows. Heck, last time an S2000 club reserved one of these sessions they had 35 sign ups and only 5 people actually bothered to show up. Now, that was a different S2000 club than the one signed up for this Saturday, but it just goes to show.....

EDIT to add: I was at Meguiar's last night and they have expanded to class so you are officially on the list, not just standby. See you in the morning!

Last edited by Mike-in-Orange; 01-11-2008 at 03:37 PM.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:43 PM

Oh boy! I get to wake up real early on a Sat morning!

Anybody from San Diego want to caravan or car pool?

Old 01-11-2008, 10:45 PM
Forum Regular

Hi Brent - I'm coming from SD. Send me a PM if you get this. I'll see it in the morning - or maybe tonight and we can caravan if you're up for it.

Old 01-12-2008, 11:02 PM

The event was well worth the trip to LA. Got to meet new Crossfire owner, learned how to correctly detail a car, and the pizza was deliciious!

Old 01-13-2008, 10:07 AM

Here's a picture of the Crossfire contingent taken by Michelle from the S2K group:

Old 01-13-2008, 02:07 PM
Forum Regular

Great event. Many thanks to Mike-in-Orange for setting it up for us. Got to meet some other Crossfire owners, and learned a lot about detailing. Mike the teacher certainly knows his topic.

Old 01-13-2008, 05:09 PM

What a great time & learning experience. I can't wait until the next GTG.

Old 01-14-2008, 12:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great experience...detailing tips...other Crossfire owners. Meguiar's claims to have these clinics on the road. I highly recommend attending if you can.