Detail Shop The place to talk about the daily care of your Crossfire and share the products you use to care for your Crossfire

Meguires All the Way

Old 05-06-2008, 10:25 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Meguires All the Way

Originally Posted by modulator
Mike, No disrespect,,, Meguirars is what what I trust ... the ICE stuff is something you need to deal with... it really works.
Mike,

I reallly trust Muguiars. Really.

Ice works, really, really.Even if temporaiily.

Mike. It really works. I think that Meguiars is the best, but it shines baby, more than the b ig M, Help Me.
Mike, please... it looks great. ICe made me take too GOOD...ok?

Ian

Last edited by modulator; 05-06-2008 at 11:30 PM.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:48 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by modulator
Mike, No disrespect,,, Meguirars is what what I trust ... the ICE stuff is something you need to deal with... it really works.
Mike,

I reallly trust Muguiars. Really.

Ice works, really, really.Even if temporaiily.

Mike. It really works. I think that Meguiars is the best, but it shines baby, more than the b ig M, Help Me.
Modulator, whatever your smoking, I want some.

Old 05-07-2008, 04:58 AM
Forum Regular

Pics.........

Old 05-07-2008, 05:59 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by caughtNthexfire06
I've got a cabinet in the garage with just about every type of wax, tire shine, car cleaning product known to man, but once I used those few things from Mcguires, the other stuff has just dryed out. The key is that cleaner wax, it helps remove the oxidation and brings back that dark black look. Then the mirror glaze really adds some depth to the paint and of course the yellow carnub for protection, but the sad part about it all, now I dont think I can bring myself to drive the car again, its way to clean for driving.

My best friend all through school, his father owns a local detail shop that has been in business 25 years, and this year he will have done his 500,000th car detail. He mostly does higher end cars, but man I tell you what he can detail a car. Its costly but, he sells me the wax he uses for about 7 bucks for a little bottle, stuff comes right off everytime. But I dont the extra 140 bucks laying around to have him do it, so I do it my self and you know, I get a feeling of pride and joy when Im done and it makes it worth all the work that I put in.

Anytime Doc, hope it works for you, im pretty sure you will be happy with the results, I know how hard it is to keep the black cars clean and that deep wet black look.
Did you apply the Deep Crystal Wax by machine or by hand? Do you think I would have any luck applying the Deep Crystal by hand? Do you think it would do a better job of cleaning and removing minor swirls than NXT2? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by chuck65; 05-07-2008 at 06:02 AM.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:18 AM

Yes, I applied it by hand, it's best if you do really small sections at a time since you cant let it dry. But I think it works quite well. You could probably get good results with the NXT also, they are both great products, I just happend to buy the Deep Crystal and was really pleased with it. But any decent cleaner wax should work well if applied right and I personally prefer to do it by hand, seems like using an orbital buffer doesn't get the same effect because they are hard to get in and around the lines on ours cars, but good luck with it, which ever you choose.

I'll try and post a few pics here in a while, my car is out back in our warehouse here at work, keeping clean.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:23 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck65
Did you apply the Deep Crystal Wax by machine or by hand? Do you think I would have any luck applying the Deep Crystal by hand? Do you think it would do a better job of cleaning and removing minor swirls than NXT2? Thanks in advance.
NXT Tech Wax isn't designed to remove any defects as it's a synthetic sealant. It may hide some very fine marks, but that's it. Deep Crystal System Paint Cleaner or our good old fashioned Cleaner Wax will actually remove some lighter defects.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:05 PM

So far on my relatively new Saphire Silver Crossfire Coupe I have used the Zaino products. Dawn wash, clay, Z2 Pro with ZFX (4 layers with Z6 between layers). This week after a wash I tried topping tha Zaino with Duragloss Aquawax and the shine enhacement and slickness was much better than the Zaino Z6. It was amazing! I have yet to try additional layers of Zaino after the AW. It should be compatible. All Zaino and Duragloss applied by hand.

I use megs products on my old black (with metalflake) Nissan 300ZX with excellent results. I tried Zaino but the Megs worked better on my 18 year old paint. Used Megs M83 and M80 with a Dual Action machine, then M7 and M21 by hand. The old Z car looks incredible.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:14 PM

Love the old Z cars
Look at my pics in my profile, there are 6 pictures of my cousins 300zx in there. It's a mean machine. About $80k invested.

Another good polish that works well and is easy to remove is the "Nu-Finish" car polish. You use a damp cloth to apply and it comes off super super easy.

I will admit i've never tried Zanio products but I have heard from several people they work pretty well.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by wmphipps
So far on my relatively new Saphire Silver Crossfire Coupe I have used the Zaino products. Dawn wash, clay, Z2 Pro with ZFX (4 layers with Z6 between layers). This week after a wash I tried topping tha Zaino with Duragloss Aquawax and the shine enhacement and slickness was much better than the Zaino Z6. It was amazing! I have yet to try additional layers of Zaino after the AW. It should be compatible. All Zaino and Duragloss applied by hand.

I use megs products on my old black (with metalflake) Nissan 300ZX with excellent results. I tried Zaino but the Megs worked better on my 18 year old paint. Used Megs M83 and M80 with a Dual Action machine, then M7 and M21 by hand. The old Z car looks incredible.
Yep, Zaino is great stuff but most of it really isn't geared toward serious defect removal. I know a few high end pro detailers who use Z as a topper but they don't touch anything for serious defect removal. Explains why it wasn't the greatest stuff on an older car with a finish that needs some TLC. Think about this though - it follows along with the earlier discussion here about TW Ice - if a finish is already in really good shape, almost anything will look good on it, but if a finish is in dire need of help there is no magic potion that can just be poured out of a bottle to cure the problem.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:49 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange
NXT Tech Wax isn't designed to remove any defects as it's a synthetic sealant. It may hide some very fine marks, but that's it. Deep Crystal System Paint Cleaner or our good old fashioned Cleaner Wax will actually remove some lighter defects.
Thanks Mike

Old 05-07-2008, 12:52 PM

Very true Mike. I just stick with what I know works best. Good ole Mcguires, tried and true, turns it new. Hey Mike I have a ? for ya, does mcguires make any good products for cleaning interiors, such as the cloths seats on my Xfire? I spilled a coke on my passanger seat and I need to find somthing to clean it with. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Old 05-07-2008, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by caughtNthexfire06
Very true Mike. I just stick with what I know works best. Good ole Mcguires, tried and true, turns it new. Hey Mike I have a ? for ya, does mcguires make any good products for cleaning interiors, such as the cloths seats on my Xfire? I spilled a coke on my passanger seat and I need to find somthing to clean it with. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
We introduced a product last year that we developed with Bissel called Quik Out. It comes in both trigger spray and aerosol forms - my wife loves is as we have a small dog at home who, when left alone for too long will sometimes leave a little note for us, if you get my drift. Quik Out works great even on that sort of stain. The problem with cleaning cloth seats though is that spraying too much of anything on them, like, uh, Coke, tends to soak into the padding below so extracting everything can be tricky. I'd use a small amount to start with and a clean terry cloth towel to work it in a bit and absorb as much back out as you can. If you need to do any rinsing at all I'd recommend distilled water as tap water can have a bunch of minerals in that can leave a ring. Always go easy on cleaners and water rinsing when working on cloth interiors.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:35 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Well that was all interesting, so I am in IN, where, if you know, can I find the cleaners Caught was talking about, MIKE or Caught????........Doc

Old 05-07-2008, 04:31 PM

I bought all my stuff at autozone I believe. I think some stores have more than others, so you might have to shop around, or may just be best to call them and ask before driving around burning up gas.

Good luck DOC!

And thanks Mike, I will have to try that, I have a stain in the seat from the coke, but because my seats are the dark grey and black, it should be fine.

Oh and my car is for sale if anyone is interested. Im saddend but I must sell in order to buy a new truck for the business. I would love for it to go to a good home.

Old 05-08-2008, 05:50 AM

Hi Mike,

Do you know if I can expect to find Meguires M21 2.0 sealant in an Autozone store? I have the original product that I had to buy online in 64 oz. size and it is hard to keep it mixed up. It wants to seperate and you have to shake it constantly. I hope the new version corrected this.

Thanks,
Mike in Toledo

Old 05-08-2008, 06:58 AM

Here are the pics everyone was looking for...DSC00005.jpgDSC00004.jpgDSC00002.jpg
DSC00025.jpg

Last edited by caughtNthexfire06; 05-08-2008 at 07:32 AM.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:33 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great job. The reflective mirror on that one photo is amazing!

Old 05-08-2008, 07:37 AM

heres some more, and thank you, It was well worth the extra time and effort.DSC00020.jpgDSC00015.jpgDSC00013.jpg
DSC00009.jpg

Old 05-08-2008, 08:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange
We introduced a product last year that we developed with Bissel called Quik Out. It comes in both trigger spray and aerosol forms - my wife loves is as we have a small dog at home who, when left alone for too long will sometimes leave a little note for us, if you get my drift. Quik Out works great even on that sort of stain. The problem with cleaning cloth seats though is that spraying too much of anything on them, like, uh, Coke, tends to soak into the padding below so extracting everything can be tricky. I'd use a small amount to start with and a clean terry cloth towel to work it in a bit and absorb as much back out as you can. If you need to do any rinsing at all I'd recommend distilled water as tap water can have a bunch of minerals in that can leave a ring. Always go easy on cleaners and water rinsing when working on cloth interiors.

do you work for lyondell-bissell? if so where? if not.. im intrigues anyways about this quik out.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by ZAHANMA
do you work for lyondell-bissell? if so where? if not.. im intrigues anyways about this quik out.
He works for Mcguires Zahanma. I believe Mcguires worked with bissle to develop this product. I havn't tried it yet but probably will today or tomorrow and I will let you know about the results.

Quick Reply: Meguires All the Way