Detail Shop The place to talk about the daily care of your Crossfire and share the products you use to care for your Crossfire

Barry Meguiar In Serious Condition

Old 08-19-2010, 12:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Barry Meguiar In Serious Condition

Report: Barry Meguiar, host of 'Car Crazy' in serious condition — Autoblog

Mike-In-Orange,

I was wondering you knew what happened or has any new news...

Either way, if you speak with someone from his family, feel free to let them know that he is in my thoughts and prayers.

Old 08-19-2010, 05:05 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Barry Meguiar In Serious Condition

He's going to be just fine. Seems he picked up some sort of virus during his recent international travels filming "Car Crazy" and it finally got the better of him during Monterey Week. News reports make it sound much worse than it is, but we expect him to be back in LA in a couple of days.

I'll certainly pass along your well wishes, and all of us here at Meguiar's certainly appreciate your wishes and support.

And, for any of you who have seen "Car Crazy" and wondered about Barry, I can tell you that the guy you see on the show is exactly the man in person. He is not acting or hamming it up for the show - that really is just the way he is!! He is a huge part of the reason I walked away from a successful 20+ year career in commercial print/direct mail marketing to come to work for Meguiar's.

Old 08-19-2010, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange
He's going to be just fine. Seems he picked up some sort of virus during his recent international travels filming "Car Crazy" and it finally got the better of him during Monterey Week. News reports make it sound much worse than it is, but we expect him to be back in LA in a couple of days.

I'll certainly pass along your well wishes, and all of us here at Meguiar's certainly appreciate your wishes and support.

And, for any of you who have seen "Car Crazy" and wondered about Barry, I can tell you that the guy you see on the show is exactly the man in person. He is not acting or hamming it up for the show - that really is just the way he is!! He is a huge part of the reason I walked away from a successful 20+ year career in commercial print/direct mail marketing to come to work for Meguiar's.

Very glad to hear he will be back to full strength soon.

Old 08-20-2010, 01:28 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

Mike - Barry puts a big smile on my face every Sunday morning before I head out to our weekly Cruise in. What a cool person to work for. My best wishes and prayers to him for a speedy recovery.
Pat

Old 08-23-2010, 12:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely a glass is half full guy, always upbeat! Give him our best - hope he gets better soon.