Detail Shop The place to talk about the daily care of your Crossfire and share the products you use to care for your Crossfire

swirl marks

Old 04-06-2004, 01:21 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default swirl marks

Has anyone experimented with swirl mark removal products? My xfire is 2 and a half months old.. I've put 3 coats of wax on her already.. one coat of Eagle One Wet the second day I owned the car, and since then, 2 coats of Meguiars Gold Class. The only time that the swirl marks don't seem so nasty is when the car is freshly waxed. A week later when its dirty, it's a maze of swirl marks. Unfortunately, I do not have a garage to park the car in. Thus it's pretty much in the sun all week... at first I didn't have any swirls, but now it looks nasty. I don't see why I'd get swirls, considering I've taken extremely good care at keeping the car clean. Hand washed once a week. What could I do?

Old 04-06-2004, 02:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Read the Zaino Users post

This is being discussed in the Zaino Users post. You may want to try Zaino Z5 to remove or at least reduce the noticable swirl marks.

Dennis

Old 04-20-2004, 02:51 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: swirl marks

Originally Posted by NJspeed69
Has anyone experimented with swirl mark removal products? My xfire is 2 and a half months old.. I've put 3 coats of wax on her already.. one coat of Eagle One Wet the second day I owned the car, and since then, 2 coats of Meguiars Gold Class. The only time that the swirl marks don't seem so nasty is when the car is freshly waxed. A week later when its dirty, it's a maze of swirl marks. Unfortunately, I do not have a garage to park the car in. Thus it's pretty much in the sun all week... at first I didn't have any swirls, but now it looks nasty. I don't see why I'd get swirls, considering I've taken extremely good care at keeping the car clean. Hand washed once a week. What could I do?
the real key to a swirl free dark car is...to wash and dry the car in the shade. never in the sun...the uv rays cause the swirls.

to remove swirls...the best product is..."plum crazy" by malco.

Old 04-22-2004, 09:40 AM

Nj.......
I had a company called Technik1 come out and detail my car.There were swirl marks all over it.They spent about 5 hrs. on it...it is now swirl free.Black is a tough color but when it is clean it is beautiful.They are in NY but traveled to me in central western NJ.Definitely worth it!!
Originally Posted by NJspeed69

Old 04-22-2004, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Andreanna
I had a company called Technik1 come out and detail my car.
DANG girl... that's quite a lineup in the driveway... all yours? What's the white one in the garage :?: Care to donate it to my worthy cause :?: :wink: :?:

Old 04-22-2004, 01:31 PM

David,
I can only take credit for the yellow Testarossa...the other cars in that pic were at a friends...the white car is a Lambo.
Originally Posted by David Burns
I had a company called Technik1 come out and detail my car.
DANG girl... that's quite a lineup in the driveway... all yours? What's the white one in the garage :?: Care to donate it to my worthy cause :?: :wink: :?:

Old 04-22-2004, 03:44 PM

David,
I can only take credit for the yellow Testarossa...the other cars in that pic were at a friends...the white car is a Lambo.
you got some friends with some kickin' cars there for sure! Most of MY friends drive pickup trucks or SUV's.... :shock:

Old 04-22-2004, 07:12 PM

Grazie molto David...

Its quite a sight when we take a ride.......
All the exotics and the little X-Fire....
It gets more attention than the others!! 8)

Old 04-22-2004, 10:20 PM

Grazie molto David...

Its quite a sight when we take a ride.......
All the exotics and the little X-Fire....
It gets more attention than the others!! 8)
Ain't that just THE BEST :!: And those friends get to watch people oggle over a car that costs a third or less than theirs :!: 8) :!:

Old 04-23-2004, 09:27 AM

Absolutely!!!
The X is a sleeper...
I'm glad that I have the ONLY one around!
We went to a Ferrari meet 2 weeks ago...
About 30 Ferrari's and I kept hearing..."Look it's a Crossfire"!!

Ain't that just THE BEST :!: And those friends get to watch people oggle over a car that costs a third or less than theirs :!: 8) :!:[/quote]