Detail Shop The place to talk about the daily care of your Crossfire and share the products you use to care for your Crossfire

mr clean car wash

Old 05-01-2004, 01:13 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mr clean car wash

OK,

All the motor heads at work told me that this thing plays nice with their zanio finish.

I went ahead and bought it and tried it out a couple of days ago. Like it said on the box, I did not have to dry my car. My buddy said the soap is a polymer based thing and will not mess up my wax job (I have not ordered my Zaino kit yet).

I use a mitt to clean the car with the system as they recommended and it came out nice - to bad it is raining today.

The soap refills are't to bad on the pockect. The filters that allow you car to air dry without towels are about $5 and only last 10 washes - still cheaper than the local car wash..

anyone else using this?

-marc

Old 05-01-2004, 02:07 PM

I had one and now my daughter has it. I didn't like the fact that the soap doesn't lather very well and I still had to hand dry the car.... Keep in mind that I am very **** about the finish on the car. I hate water spots as much as I hate dirty wheels. Needless to say I was not impressed w/Mr. Clean. I'll keep using Blue Coral auto wash. I've found it lathers very well, cleans very well, and I use a "California Blade" to remove most of the water then a microfiber cloth to finish drying. The car always looks awesome when I'm done. Takes less than an hour.

Old 05-01-2004, 05:43 PM

I have one I still like it...I did'nt care for the Mr.Clean soap I used Meguiars Gold Class I am on a well there's menerals in my water
the filters works good for that reason. I will wash mine once to take
the bugs and grime,then rewash to hit what I missed the first time
The filtered water does help with the drying but I still dry some.

Old 05-01-2004, 08:51 PM
Default AutoDry

I have been using it for a while on my PT and will continue on the Xfire. I did not like spraying the soap on the car and sponge however. Now I take 2 ounces of the soap and put it in a bucket of water (a couple of gallons) and wash from the bucket rather than dispensing it from the unit. I just use the unit for initial and final rinse. The results are fantastic. No drying and no water spots on the finish or the windows! Don't be alarmed when the soap or rinse do not bead on the finish. They are not removing your wax. When the car is dry it will still bead water.

Dadof4