Detail Shop The place to talk about the daily care of your Crossfire and share the products you use to care for your Crossfire

Dragon Detail

Old 09-28-2011, 11:02 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Dragon Detail

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
Mine will escape Friday morning at about 8:30....

Hey, guys - I claybarred, and then used NXT wax on mine - I've never put two coats of wax on before.... but I'v got ants in my pants... so does anyone ELSE do two coats? Thinking about doin that, just to keep busy this week!

Thoughts? Does it do any good or look any better? Seems to me I've been told not to bother....
We actually recommend two thin coats just to ensure uniform coverage and appearance. Beyond that, you're not going to gain anything.

Originally Posted by hcarter
Thanks Mark , I clayed the car and the used Meguiar's cleaner wax. , has a nice mirror finish . , Jim If my car was as clean as FP's I leave it parked and just sit and stare at it.. i'll see you guys Saturday morning at the lodge fof breakfast. I have the Detailer & Window cleaner loaded on the 6....hahahah
Are you freakin' kidding me???? Cleaner Wax???? I mean, I know it's good stuff and all, but jeez, that picture is just amazing. That said, and I do NOT mean this to detract at all from how gorgeous your car looks in this shot, but you can do an awful lot with angles, lighting, shadows, etc to make a car look really great or just ho-hum in photos. But seriously, that shot is just killer.

A little trivia for you all - Meguiar's was founded in 1901 but we did not have a consumer product until 1973 - everything we did prior was on the pro side, either body shops, OEM, etc. And that first consumer product? Cleaner Wax. And it's virtually unchanged after all these years....... and it's the best selling wax in the USA. Not just our best selling wax, but the best selling wax, period.

Old 09-28-2011, 11:22 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange
A little trivia for you all - Meguiar's was founded in 1901 but we did not have a consumer product until 1973 - everything we did prior was on the pro side, either body shops, OEM, etc. And that first consumer product? Cleaner Wax. And it's virtually unchanged after all these years....... and it's the best selling wax in the USA. Not just our best selling wax, but the best selling wax, period.
I use the Cleaner Wax often.

I find the Scratch-X 2.0 to be VERY difficult to remove, perhaps I'm applying too much but I try to be very careful of that. Still, I sometimes have to use the Quick-Detailer to rehydrate the wax and buff it off.

With the Cleaner Wax, no issues with removal. I like the gold-class liquid too.

Old 09-28-2011, 12:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange
We actually recommend two thin coats just to ensure uniform coverage and appearance. Beyond that, you're not going to gain anything.

Are you freakin' kidding me???? Cleaner Wax???? I mean, I know it's good stuff and all, but jeez, that picture is just amazing. That said, and I do NOT mean this to detract at all from how gorgeous your car looks in this shot, but you can do an awful lot with angles, lighting, shadows, etc to make a car look really great or just ho-hum in photos. But seriously, that shot is just killer.

I really dont put anything else on my car except for the occasional detailer spray .but I swear by the Meguires Cleaner wax , its the only wax in my garage...,the paint on my car feels like a baby's but smooth and clean...

Old 09-28-2011, 03:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Howard, Howard, Howard you been feeling baby butts again. LOL

Old 09-28-2011, 03:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

About told on myself What tyime we gonna eat breakfast saturday morning ? I leaving around 5 am and should be at the lodge around 8:00

Last edited by hcarter; 09-28-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:57 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JHM2K
I use the Cleaner Wax often.

I find the Scratch-X 2.0 to be VERY difficult to remove, perhaps I'm applying too much but I try to be very careful of that. Still, I sometimes have to use the Quick-Detailer to rehydrate the wax and buff it off.

With the Cleaner Wax, no issues with removal. I like the gold-class liquid too.
ScratchX 2.0 is not a wax, it's a paint cleaner only meaning it's designed to remove fine swirls, scratches, etc. As such it should be work against the paint with a bit of elbow grease (or a buffer) and wiped off before it dries. Allowing to dry only does one thing - makes it hard to remove.