Detail Shop The place to talk about the daily care of your Crossfire and share the products you use to care for your Crossfire

Water/soap spots won't come off

Old 07-23-2005, 10:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water/soap spots won't come off

I just washed my car tonight, and in the middle of it i had to pause to talk to someone. Well, i think some of the soap dried on the paint surface and now i can't get the spots off the surface. i tried rewashing it, using a clay bar, using a Meguires spot detailer, and waxing over the spots. Nothing seemed to do any good at all. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm wondering if the clearcoat got etched and the only to remove them is by polishing the paint or something. I'd appreciate any suggestions any of you may have.

Thanks.

Old 07-24-2005, 12:16 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Water/soap spots won't come off

Try applying distilled vinegar, yes, distilled vinegar onto the sections with spots on it using a sponge. Rub it in, let the vinegar sit for 30 to 60 seconds, and then rinse off with water. The vinegar will remove your wax, though, so don't forget to wax the areas that you treated with distilled vinegar. This technique also works with water spots.

Old 07-25-2005, 06:53 PM
Cool Re: Water/soap spots won't come off

Originally Posted by golfdude
Try applying distilled vinegar, yes, distilled vinegar onto the sections with spots on it using a sponge. Rub it in, let the vinegar sit for 30 to 60 seconds, and then rinse off with water. The vinegar will remove your wax, though, so don't forget to wax the areas that you treated with distilled vinegar. This technique also works with water spots.
Yep, that will do it... worked wonders on my wife's black Saab. It's a wonder no one has repackaged it and marked up the price like 10,000 percent and resold it. I think I paid $0.89 for a quart!

Good luck.

PS. You car will smell like a salad until you rewax it!

Old 07-25-2005, 10:12 PM
Forum Regular

Sorry to hear about this on your car, especially since its black. The only thing I can say, is try and get a couple more applications of wax on the car and this might not happen again, gotta love black!!! Good luck to you though.

Old 07-25-2005, 10:41 PM
Forum Regular

Zaino will fix that. It also helps if you don't wash the car in direct sunlight. Especially not drying in direct sunlight. My friend who details cars has a tent he puts up to keep light directly off of the car.

After using Zaino claybar, polishes, you can use the zaino soap/z6 after spray to remove any water marks/swirls. Plus it provides an additional protective coating between each wash. I use zaino on my crossfire and bike. Super wet finish, no water spots, etc.

If it still doesn't come out, you'll probably need a buff or compound job on the clearcoat. Any good detail shop/person can do this. Don't take it just anywhere though.