Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

boosting the na v6...

Old 03-29-2006, 05:43 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default boosting the na v6...

hey peeps, i am new to the crossfire and its electronic voodoo. i just recently ordered a service manual to do more in depth analysis of how things work in it. however, i cannot help think that the same tactics i employed boosting my neon rt would work here as well.

this involved:

electronically "clamping" the MAP signal not to see any extra air flow past atmospheric pressure. i am hoping a similar thing can be done with the MAF sensor s that the computer does not see values that make no sense to it due the increased air flow.

i added 4 injectors to the intake manifold a few inches after the original injectors aimed to shoot directly at the valves and controlled the extra injectors with a custom megasquirt i built for this (megasquirt.info).

employing a AEM wideband o2 i tuned the car to run at a happy 12:1 air to fuel ratio.

the car ran flawlessly but i am rather worried having a sensitive MAF sensor versus the tank the MAP sensor was... will it be reliable ? is it clampable ? what does a MAF signal look like even ? MAP was a simple 4 volt signal that rose as pressure rose... easily clamped by a variable rate resistor...

Old 04-08-2006, 04:32 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: boosting the na v6...

Originally Posted by intenseblu
hey peeps, i am new to the crossfire and its electronic voodoo. i just recently ordered a service manual to do more in depth analysis of how things work in it. however, i cannot help think that the same tactics i employed boosting my neon rt would work here as well.

this involved:

electronically "clamping" the MAP signal not to see any extra air flow past atmospheric pressure. i am hoping a similar thing can be done with the MAF sensor s that the computer does not see values that make no sense to it due the increased air flow.

i added 4 injectors to the intake manifold a few inches after the original injectors aimed to shoot directly at the valves and controlled the extra injectors with a custom megasquirt i built for this (megasquirt.info).

employing a AEM wideband o2 i tuned the car to run at a happy 12:1 air to fuel ratio.

the car ran flawlessly but i am rather worried having a sensitive MAF sensor versus the tank the MAP sensor was... will it be reliable ? is it clampable ? what does a MAF signal look like even ? MAP was a simple 4 volt signal that rose as pressure rose... easily clamped by a variable rate resistor...
The same tactics would work if you could access the computer and it's parameters. Good luck, as even DC USA does not have the full programming software from Germany.