Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

Fuel Injectors / Rail

Old 10-01-2007, 03:56 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: Fuel Injectors / Rail

No, I wasn't lucky enough to get proper A/F numbers. I'll have to get time on a dyno again and make sure to get boost and A/F numbers.

*SIGH*

Old 12-15-2007, 09:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HDDP
I finally got the specs on the SRT6 injectors from my SPY at Bosch I must say, they have a HUGE flow difference from the NA engine and now I have to figure out how the SC engine is regulating the flow, whether by pulse width or pressure regulator.

NA ENGINE: 17 lbs/hr at 3.8 Bar, or 55 psi/ 14.5 ohms.
SC ENGINE: 51.6 lbs/hr @ 55.1 PSI / 14.5 Ohms based on 380 kPA = 3.8 bars = 55.1 PSI

But, this leads me to wonder if the NA engine would benefit from an injector swap...
I just read through this thread and what interests me the most about these numbers is that they imply that the SRT-6 injectors are good up to 495 horsepower at 80% duty cycle. I guess the challenge in actually making that HP number is lowering the BSFC of the engine. With intercooling and alcohol/water injection, perhaps this potential could be reached.

Lots of tuning potential there!

Last edited by sonoronos; 12-15-2007 at 09:57 AM.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:57 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sonoronos
I just read through this thread and what interests me the most about these numbers is that they imply that the SRT-6 injectors are good up to 495 horsepower at 80% duty cycle. I guess the challenge in actually making that HP number is lowering the BSFC of the engine. With intercooling and alcohol/water injection, perhaps this potential could be reached.

Lots of tuning potential there!
Correct... That's exactly the process... Study your IC plumbing and you can unleash some HP with cooling mods... This will also allow you to increase boost without the risk of pre-ignition and engine damage... IF YOU ARE RUNNING THE AMG ENGINE....

Last edited by HDDP; 12-15-2007 at 10:59 AM.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:20 AM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so about the na injectors... anyone figure out what part number is needed for the 22- 24 lb injectors is and where to get them? exhaust and intake have been upgraded on my car already and im thinking with the schrick cams and a good tune to benefit all the parts as a whole i might be satisfied with the car in stock form without nos until the v8 conversion is done. thanks for any info! oh and what are the mb 320 injectors rated at, if i could go to the dealer and pick up a set that would have a better flow i would. thanks again

Old 12-19-2007, 02:36 PM
Forum Regular

still no answer??? im pouting

Old 12-19-2007, 03:33 PM

HERE'S ANOTHER LOLIPOP FOR A CRYBABY WHO DOESN'T LIKE TO DO HIS OWN RESEARCH AND WANTS A HANDOUT !!!!

http://users.erols.com/srweiss/tableifc.htm

Old 12-19-2007, 04:03 PM
Forum Regular

HERE'S ANOTHER LOLIPOP FOR A CRYBABY WHO DOESN'T LIKE TO DO HIS OWN RESEARCH AND WANTS A HANDOUT !!!!

http://users.erols.com/srweiss/tableifc.htm
you are such an ******* dude i have no idea what the hell im looking at here and im asking a simple question, im not crying i just want to figure out if this is #1 something i should do given the intended modifications and if anyone had found an injector that would work with the stock fuel rail and wiring. i cant tear my car down in my driveway in the winter and pick at it i dont live in cali anymore and its frickin cold here. i asked you guys advice under the assumption and understanding you knew more than me about this. if i knew all about this i wouldnt ask the question. besides i dont see benz injectors listed in the link maybe i just didnt find em i dont know, but once again thanks for getting shity with someone who just wanted a lil advice and help. oh and is this the responce you get from woody or the bosch engineers or whatever when you ask them a question? think about it man sometimes giving a lil can be nice, tis the season right?

Old 12-19-2007, 04:14 PM

hahaha

Old 12-19-2007, 04:18 PM

The Bosch MB injectors are listed with Stan Weiss, I gave him the information for the Crossfire / SLK / CLK... Most all are identical Delphi connectors and are plug-n-play... The mathmatics of fuel delivery requirments for this engine are 14lb injectors (100% Duty Cycle)... we run 17lb injectors (80% Duty Cycle) Larger injectors will not produce more HP by themselves, they will just run at a lower duty cycle %....

Your best bet is to remove your current injectors and have them cleaned, flow tested and matched (optimized) by RC Engineering... Unless you are doing stage 3 mods....

Old 12-19-2007, 04:22 PM
Forum Regular

ok well no forced induction so no point in other words thanks for the info!

Old 12-19-2007, 05:23 PM

I know your a fan of RC engineering HDDP, but I have seen thier set-up and heard about how innacurate it is from other customers, and you don't want to know about the genius operating the equipment. One guy went in with one injector got it tested, then came back another day to double check the quality, and man was it way off on the retest like 20% off

You can do the same if not better job testing your own fuel injectors at home, just make up a y-harness that feeds signal to the cars injector and plug the other output of the harness to the injector your testing, run the car at the rpm you desire and then measure your extra injector that's being fed signal into a graduate. trust me you can do this yourself cheaper than paying RC engineering.

Last edited by Maxwell; 12-19-2007 at 05:26 PM.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Maxwell
I know your a fan of RC engineering HDDP, but I have seen thier set-up and heard about how innacurate it is from other customers, and you don't want to know about the genius operating the equipment. One guy went in with one injector got it tested, then came back another day to double check the quality, and man was it way off on the retest like 20% off

You can do the same if not better job testing your own fuel injectors at home, just make up a y-harness that feeds signal to the cars injector and plug the other output of the harness to the injector your testing, run the car at the rpm you desire and then measure your extra injector that's being fed signal into a graduate. trust me you can do this yourself cheaper than paying RC engineering.
I don't recommend RC Engineering except for street racers who can't afford the real thing done with total precision for race applications... This is where I had mine done, but it's twice the price of RC Engineering...

http://www.lindertech.com/guruschl.htm

And MAX, I doubt you ever had your injectors flow tested anywhere...

Old 12-19-2007, 08:05 PM

I don't recommend RC Engineering except for street racers who can't afford the real thing done with total precision for race applications... This is where I had mine done, but it's twice the price of RC Engineering...

http://www.lindertech.com/guruschl.htm

And MAX, I doubt you ever had your injectors flow tested anywhere...
who said I tested my injectors?

Old 12-20-2007, 08:50 AM

what machine did they use? how can you tell they are accurate?

Old 12-20-2007, 10:46 PM

what machine did they use? how can you tell they are accurate?
MAX, they are the best in the business from what I've heard...
http://www.lindertech.com/docs/efibook2005v2.pdf

Old 12-23-2007, 10:23 AM

MAX, they are the best in the business from what I've heard...
http://www.lindertech.com/docs/efibook2005v2.pdf
I've heard the same thing about RC engineering, I have to know what machine they are using before I can agree that they are the best.

from what I see in the PDF file and looking at thier machine it's a graduated cylinder measurement system, not very accurate. it's as good as rcengineering. There is only one guy that I know of who can do fuel injectors properly and get measurements withing .10% and he does not use the archaic method of spraying into a cylinder.

Last edited by Maxwell; 12-23-2007 at 10:29 AM.
Old 12-23-2007, 03:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is only one guy that I know of who can do fuel injectors properly and get measurements withing .10% and he does not use the archaic method of spraying into a cylinder.
So what does he do - I suppose you could weigh the fuel passed - but isn't measuring the fuel passed the simple part of the job??????

Last edited by malcb; 12-23-2007 at 03:29 PM. Reason: grammer
Old 12-23-2007, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by malcb
So what does he do - I suppose you could weigh the fuel passed - but isn't measuring the fuel passed the simple part of the job??????
No, he's not weighing the fuel, even if you did it just wouldn't be efficient for testing mass units at a time.

This sounds really lame, but I can't discuss how he does it because he's the only guy in the USA that can test to such fine acuracy. Giving away his secrets would be really F***ed up on my part. And isn't ethical. he did the checking on RCfuel injections quality control, and we where shocked at how pathetic they are at giving accurate numers.

Old 12-23-2007, 08:28 PM

No, he's not weighing the fuel, even if you did it just wouldn't be efficient for testing mass units at a time.

This sounds really lame, but I can't discuss how he does it because he's the only guy in the USA that can test to such fine acuracy. Giving away his secrets would be really F***ed up on my part. And isn't ethical. he did the checking on RCfuel injections quality control, and we where shocked at how pathetic they are at giving accurate numers.
MAX why do you keep obsessing about RC Engineering ? As I mentioned, they are the cheaper alternative to having Doug Garriot at Linder Technical Services in Indianapolis do your injector balancing... Linder is always my first chioce for injector services...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Doug Garriot.jpg (156.8 KB, 152 views)
Old 12-24-2007, 03:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[quote=Maxwell]This sounds really lame, but I can't discuss how he does it because he's the only guy in the USA that can test to such fine acuracy. quote]

Well I don't see another way of measuring fuel passed - counting molecules, use acid and titrate to determine the volume or just use an accurate measuring cylinder, if the cylinder is of a small enough diameter the accuracy should be quite high.

Don't know much about accuracy in injectors but what is the accuracy are you talking about? If it's say +/-0.5%, thats +/- 3.5cc per minute at full flow - how accurate and the injectors be set up?

Got me thinking anyway.

Anyway Merry Christmass all.

Quick Reply: Fuel Injectors / Rail