Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

Alright Here's The Skinny

Old 08-07-2007, 11:28 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Alright Here's The Skinny

I spend way too much time working on this car for racing purposes and hopefully for the advantage forum members... I have been relentless about it... So let me give you the 411 on what I know from all of the upper echelon sources within Chrysler & Bosch that I have had conversations with...

MERCEDES BENZ is the holder of the keys... NOBODY from Chrysler or Bosch U.S. has the specifications for anything that pertains to specifics of engine / drivetrain / electronics on this car... Everything was kept "SECRET" by "MERCEDES BENZ"... Not even the Bosch US headquarters has information about something as silly as the fuel injectors that are OEM in our car... They aren't even listed as a product that exists on their corporate computer system... Even though they're made by Bosch and have Bosch product codes and logos (as well as the MB logo and part number)...it seems that the German headquarters has a deal with MB to prevent sharing that info with the Bosch US system...

So, here's the final word... NOBODY at Chrysler, including the head of the Crossfire project has the full engineering specifications on this car, because they say that "MERCEDES BENZ has been reluctant to share the information with their US counterpart"... Period ... End Of Story...

So, the reason we don't get support or aftermarket parts from Chrysler is because those people don't even know what parts went into the car that they marketed... And they don't really care anymore !!!

And if you all want to send a copy of this to message Martin Zimmerman, the new President of Chrysler... Please feel free... All I want is to have a fun little race car that I can work with... Kinda like the guys at Pontiac provided with the Solstice GXP... Which BTW has been winning event after event in SCCA...

"F" Mercedes engineering...

Old 08-07-2007, 11:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Alright Here's The Skinny

that's messed up so much potential and its kept in a cage... hopefully someday i'll see you in the race track i wanna race and now that you mentioned it! the Solstice GXP is my new enemy... hehe...

Old 08-08-2007, 01:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Alright Here's The Skinny

I can't say that surprises me at all...

I guess that's a HUGE contributing factor to the HIGH cost of the few aftermarket upgrades out there. The companies have to spend SO much capital to "Reverse Engineer" their products, that they have no choice but to pass the cost on. Combine that with the limited number built, and the even MORE limited number of owners that will EVER modify their cars, and it's no wonder the Pulley and ECU cost $3,000 and there are no Intakes or exhausts for the SRT.