CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/engine-exhaust-transmission-differential/)
-   -   SRT6 Engine Transplant (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/engine-exhaust-transmission-differential/18674-srt6-engine-transplant.html)

black05 09-18-2009 09:25 PM

Re: SRT6 Engine Transplant

Originally Posted by downwardspiral
I for one would most likely blow up my transmission in the process of missing a shift. The shifter works beautifully most of the time.. but once in a while it gives my hand the feeling (and sound) of being in gear, but I get a nasty grind. It may not blow up instantly, but it's life will be drastically shortened. I think instead of bothering with the srt motor, an LS swap is a great idea. For the amount of time, money and effort it obviously takes.. why not get an extra 2 cyl... and however much power you want (+$,time, effort.). Do you guys really care if it's a "mercedes" that much?

hard to miss a shift with an auto.

apkano 09-19-2009 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by black05
Ahh, to bring the dream back...

With all the banter about of flashing an ecu to erase the old vin and reflash to the donor car, anyone care to speculate what would stop dropping an srt 6 into a n/a?

Ummmmmmmmm.............have you actually READ this thread, or did you just skip to the last page and make a post?

black05 09-19-2009 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by apkano
Ummmmmmmmm.............have you actually READ this thread, or did you just skip to the last page and make a post?

skipped to the last page.

brian_omeara07 02-07-2010 04:16 PM

Obvious fail is obvious :)

MMZ_TimeLord 04-08-2011 08:16 PM

I haven't been monitoring the board for a while... Just wanted to give a shout out to HDDP.

Great job brutha!

Hope to hook up with you at a NASA event here on the west coast sometime this year... $$ & Time meshing appropriately.

Again... great job... excellent HP numbers!

HDDP 04-08-2011 09:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by MMZ_TimeLord
I haven't been monitoring the board for a while... Just wanted to give a shout out to HDDP.

Great job brutha!

Hope to hook up with you at a NASA event here on the west coast sometime this year... $$ & Time meshing appropriately.

Hey buddy, long time ! Lot's to catch up on, but the major one is that I moved to Charleston, SC so I would love to do some NASA events with you, but I'm running in the South East Region now... And yes, I still have the Crossfire, but now I'm running a C6 Corvette most of the time. NOW THAT'S 600 HP OF FUN !
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...1&d=1302316330

HDDP 04-08-2011 09:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by MMZ_TimeLord

Great job brutha!

Oh yeah... Ready TO GO !

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...1&d=1302316971

MMZ_TimeLord 04-09-2011 03:20 AM

Glad to hear you are doing well... I'll have to PM you my number, although I don't think it's changed since the last time I saw you.

If you have it give me a shout.

LantanaTX 04-09-2011 09:36 AM

HDDP!

Great to hear from you. A lot of us wondered what had happened to you. Nice to know you still have the car.

Ohscme 07-21-2016 08:25 PM

Can I ask how you removed the coolant expander tank? I purchased a new one and can't get the other one out. I have the lines and sensor off but it sees where the nipple attaches, at least it seems so.

onehundred80 07-22-2016 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Ohscme (Post 870785)
Can I ask how you removed the coolant expander tank? I purchased a new one and can't get the other one out. I have the lines and sensor off but it sees where the nipple attaches, at least it seems so.

This is an ancient 5 year old thread, but the tank is held in place with a barbed stud on the bottom of the tank. You just pull it up hard, spray WD40 onto the barbed spigot if you can feel it.
Easy peasy. (When you know how)

alexdc 10-14-2017 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by HDDP (Post 580533)

You are probably not on this board anymore but if we could drop a stock srt6 engine in a manual crossie with the flywheel, crankshaft and an upgraded clutch all from the c230 coupe. Then reprogram the stock ecu from the n/a or srt6 so it wouldn't interfere with the lack of a tcu. Or program a motec to emulate a functionning tcu through a piggyback setup. How does that sound?

Lewandowse 08-05-2020 11:02 PM

Sounds like some fun could be had for a little less than a left leg 🧐🧐tell me more (3 years later) 😂

Originally Posted by alexdc (Post 896011)
You are probably not on this board anymore but if we could drop a stock srt6 engine in a manual crossie with the flywheel, crankshaft and an upgraded clutch all from the c230 coupe. Then reprogram the stock ecu from the n/a or srt6 so it wouldn't interfere with the lack of a tcu. Or program a motec to emulate a functionning tcu through a piggyback setup. How does that sound?

sk8erjosh09 08-05-2020 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Lewandowse (Post 946159)
Sounds like some fun could be had for a little less than a left leg 🧐🧐tell me more (3 years later) 😂

You can drop in anything that’s a similar year basically and I make ECU’s for basically everything at this point. I’ve done a bunch of SRT swaps into manual crossfires but you CANNOT use the C230 clutch or flywheel. They’re tiny and it will slip... a lot. You need to grab a crossfire flywheel and clutch either pre-‘05 or post-‘05 depending on your build date vs the engines.

Contrary to popular belief you can retrofit a supercharger from the SRT on to an NA along with its complimentary components. It’s not going to ‘destroy the engine’ or cost 3 testicles lol. It’s surprisingly common nowadays. For that I would build an ECU for you from a 32 AMG and you’d go to your favorite tuner and tell them what you did.

I have a Facebook page that I prefer inquiries through if anyone has more questions: https://m.facebook.com/MercedesSwapShop/

CL770 08-06-2020 07:16 PM

Great explanation Josh!