Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

Check Engine Light (egr Valve) Need Expert Guidance

Old 04-20-2008, 03:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check Engine Light (egr Valve) Need Expert Guidance

I Am Currently Deployed To Afganistan But I Had A Small Issue With My Xfire Prior To Me Leaving.....the Check Engine Light Came On And I Went To Check The Code And Found It To Be The Egr Vave....i Dont Remember The Code, It Was About A Month And A Half Ago.....so When I Found Out Where The Egr Valve Or Valves Were I Got A Little Confused...it Looks Like There Are Two Egr Valves...does Anybody Know If There Are More Than One Egr Valves....and If Yes Does Anyone Have Any Ideas On Figuring Out Which One It Is? When I Reset The Battery It Goes Away For A Couple Of Days Then It Just Comes Back....i Also Believe Its Messing With The Gas Mileage Which As We All Know Is Not That Great When You Have A Lead Foot....but If Anyone Can Help Please Let Me Know....thank You So Much....ohh Yea And The Pic Of The Motor Is Not Mine....i Am Just Using It For Reference So The Owner Of That Car Please Do Not Hate Me...lol....thanks Again

Attached Images
File Type: bmp
CROSSFIRE.bmp (1.37 MB, 53 views)
Old 04-20-2008, 04:40 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Check Engine Light (egr Valve) Need Expert Guidance

The EGR valve is near the throttle body this pdf. file should help you.http://homepage.mac.com/gregmeach/XF...-Emissions.pdf

Old 04-20-2008, 04:53 PM
TVT_DESIGN

The EGR valve that is giving you the error is on the passenger side of the back of the engine. They are known to become clogged over time.

Two bolts remove the top from the manifold, and two more on the engine block itself. Unclip the yellow connector, then remove the MAF and intake elbow to give yourself some room. Wiggle the EGR out of the manifold, it bends so it comes out but takes some time. Clean off the tube that was in the manifold making sure there is no gunk left in it. Reinstall, reset ECU, and you should be ok.

Old 04-20-2008, 05:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks So Much For The Help I Will Make Sure I Do That As Soon As I Get Home.....i Cant Wait To Get Home By The Way......i Really Miss Driving Around In The Xfire.....for That Matter I Miss Riding My Wife...lol....anyways Thanks Alot