Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

body control module issues...

Old 11-21-2009, 06:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default body control module issues...

Hey I have a 05 limited coupe that is having severe bcm issues. Started out with just a drivers window that wouldnt roll up, just down. A mechanic buddy of mine took a look at it, didnt even mess with the board just pulled the bcm out and realized he couldnt repair it. Since putting it back in my windshield wipers will constantly stay on, blinkers will not work, and the spoiler is stuck in the up position and the switch for it is now blinking. Ive been trying to purchase a used bcm before I get one from chrysler. Im having trouble finding the right part though, every salvage yard just ends up sending a a small black box from like under the floorboard of the passenger side and not the actual BCM in the engine bay that I need. SO do any of you guys have any ideas on where I can pick up a used BCM for my car? Thanks for any help that you can give. Happy thanksgiving.....

Old 11-21-2009, 09:05 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: body control module issues...

wow, couldn't repair it, but made it worse....a lot of online distributors...but maybe someone on here can help...my local junk yard has yet to get one in...

Old 11-21-2009, 10:32 PM

Yah I hope so, ive seen some new for around 1,000... but I thought i'd try the wrecked car route first. Several places have told me they had them and it turned out to be the wrong part. Maybe I can luck out and find a wrecked car around my area somewhere... thanks.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:40 AM

Have a known good electrical shop give your battery a thorough check!! A number of the problems you mention have been caused by a weak battery condition. A lot less expensive than $1000. BCM replacement cost!! Good Luck.

Old 11-22-2009, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Crossfireone
Have a known good electrical shop give your battery a thorough check!! A number of the problems you mention have been caused by a weak battery condition. A lot less expensive than $1000. BCM replacement cost!! Good Luck.
Ill give that a shot, thanks for the info, would be nice if that worked for sure.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:04 PM
Bat

Best of luck, I've been through three BCMs (counting the original one). Fortunately all under warranty. I feel for you having to replace that on your own. Btw, make sure your grounding point screw on the driver's side of the engine bay is secure. That appears to have worked lose from the factory on my car and was the starting point for the catastrophic electrical problems that ran through my whole system shorting out nearly every part , some more then once, before we realized the culprit.

Last edited by Bat; 11-22-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:34 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

maybe this company can rebuild it for you. they do work on the ecu's at a very reasoanble price
Welcome to Beckmann Technologies!

Old 11-23-2009, 01:00 AM

Hey thanks for info, I contacted Beckmann technologies about four days ago. I had heard that they may be able to fix the bad bcm, however they said they dont do that type of work anymore.... so im still searching. Thanks for the info on the ground point though. Ill give it a look tommorrow and check to see if its tight and has a good contact. Thanks again.

Old 11-23-2009, 01:13 AM

A place called world ecm... www.WorldECM.com says they may be able to fix it, im going to give them a call this week. Where is the ground point screw located exactly by the way. Is it on the firewall on the drivers side or more towards the fender? thanks.

Old 11-23-2009, 04:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

drivers side fenderwell towards the front of the car

Old 11-24-2009, 12:41 AM
Bat

Horror!!
My engine bay is dirty, aaaaaaaaa!
Where, oh where is my car servant to clean her while I'm off at work to pay for her? Dang it.

You'd think Chrysler/Mercedes would've come up with a bit sturdier set-up being that it can cause so many issues but anyhoo, here's a pic:

Old 11-24-2009, 10:35 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Good lord BAT! Do you have no shame?......

Old 11-25-2009, 01:44 PM

thanks for the pics guys....

Old 11-26-2009, 01:06 AM
Bat

Originally Posted by MikeR
Good lord BAT! Do you have no shame?......

That is bee-yoo-ti-ful...
please do mine next?
Lol, I am so ashamed!

Old 11-26-2009, 01:26 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bat
Horror!!
My engine bay is dirty, aaaaaaaaa!
Where, oh where is my car servant to clean her while I'm off at work to pay for her? Dang it.
Hey Bat.... you can have that bay looking like new with 5 minutes work.
Step 1. Spray engine bay liberally with Simple green. 1 minute.
Step 2. Let sit for 5 minutes. [no work]
Step 3. Spray down with water hose. Careful around electronics. [2 minutes]
Step 4. Let dry
Step 5. Spray everything with CD-2 from Autozone [2 minutes]
Step 6. Let dry.

Works flawlessly for me.

Old 11-26-2009, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by jv05
Hey I have a 05 limited coupe that is having severe bcm issues. Started out with just a drivers window that wouldnt roll up, just down. A mechanic buddy of mine took a look at it, didnt even mess with the board just pulled the bcm out and realized he couldnt repair it. Since putting it back in my windshield wipers will constantly stay on, blinkers will not work, and the spoiler is stuck in the up position and the switch for it is now blinking. Ive been trying to purchase a used bcm before I get one from chrysler. Im having trouble finding the right part though, every salvage yard just ends up sending a a small black box from like under the floorboard of the passenger side and not the actual BCM in the engine bay that I need. SO do any of you guys have any ideas on where I can pick up a used BCM for my car? Thanks for any help that you can give. Happy thanksgiving.....
I have been having problems with my window as well. Goes down and not up. Pain in the butt. After looking through this forum, I decided it was most likely a BCM problem I didn't have any problem locating one, which I just received today from AutosmartAutoparts.com (Alex 956-517-4455); cost $220 + $15 for shipping. It appears to be the correct part - all the numbers match up. I will go to a nearby Chrysler dealer to have the BCM programmed for $100 + $100 to install it. A rip-off but the BCM can't be programmed unless its in the car, and the only place to get it programmed is the dealer.

I'll let you know next week whether the replacement BCM fixes the window problem without any other complications.

Old 11-26-2009, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by jv05
I forgot to mention that Autosmarts Autoparts guarantees their BCM to work or your money back. While that doesn't mean that it will solve your problem, its a much better deal than Chrysler, who will not guarantee even a new BCM.

Old 12-11-2009, 08:45 PM

Well good news finally. After several wrong parts being sent, I located one from ProAutotronics - About Us . $400 bucks with shipping and they sent me the correct BCM... I installed it and it fixed my problems. I have a mechanic buddy that told me the crossfire/ mercedes bcm's dont need programming. You have to let the pcm read the vin, so let it sit for 30 seconds on "ON/acc" before starting. ANyways the only issue is that now my spoiler has no manual switch control, it will go up automatically at 65 and down etc. But the switch is blinking red and it will not go up or down manually. SO if you guys have any ideas let me know? thanks for all your help.

Old 12-12-2009, 10:18 AM

Can anyone truely answer the question about the BCM needing reprogramed by dealership. It's been talked about but I don't think we have a definite yes or no from a knowledgeable source.

Old 12-12-2009, 10:59 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm thinking that the guy that just stuck one in without programming and had it working is a pretty good indicator....

Quick Reply: body control module issues...