Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

hello new member and non start

Old 02-10-2013, 08:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hello new member and non start

as above hello cant find intro board i am in u.k and looking for advice and guidance please my son in law bought a 5 year old croosfire a couple of weeks ago last week he called to say wont start jumped him with snap on battery pack and the new alternator was pushing 14.3 volts it looks like original varta battery with daimler chrysler sticker on it everything a.o.k last night went to leave and came back said wont start so out in dark and rain it turned over but no fire into fuse box to fuse for ignition coil looked good swapped with next fuse and it fired up put fuses back to how they were and it fired up again i thought a.o.k to.day driving in outside lane engine dies coasts to side engine warning light and rear brake pad wear light on by the time they phoned me 5 mins the car started and came home i am thinking dodgy connection to ign coil relay if it has one ?under fuse as threr is a line of multiplugs going down and also tired battery dropping voltage leading to ecu coil pack loss of electrics any help appreciated thank you cheers mickmatt

Old 02-10-2013, 08:27 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: hello new member and non start

Originally Posted by mickmatt
as above hello cant find intro board i am in u.k and looking for advice and guidance please my son in law bought a 5 year old croosfire a couple of weeks ago last week he called to say wont start jumped him with snap on battery pack and the new alternator was pushing 14.3 volts it looks like original varta battery with daimler chrysler sticker on it everything a.o.k last night went to leave and came back said wont start so out in dark and rain it turned over but no fire into fuse box to fuse for ignition coil looked good swapped with next fuse and it fired up put fuses back to how they were and it fired up again i thought a.o.k to.day driving in outside lane engine dies coasts to side engine warning light and rear brake pad wear light on by the time they phoned me 5 mins the car started and came home i am thinking dodgy connection to ign coil relay if it has one ?under fuse as threr is a line of multiplugs going down and also tired battery dropping voltage leading to ecu coil pack loss of electrics any help appreciated thank you cheers mickmatt
3 things come to mind

1. the Varta battery is most likely at end of life and needs replacing.
2. you might have a CPS ( Crankshaft Position Sensor ) going bad.
3. You should probably search in the below links for the DIY on the "Mystery no start" related to the RCM ( Relay Control Module ) bad solder joints.

Old 02-10-2013, 08:39 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Varta's are hit and miss, but those problems could be the battery. You still want to look at the RCM though as that is a problem that needs to be repaired, and can cause the not start issue... Probably not the CPS, as they will cause the car to start run rough and die. Although once they go bad, they will let the car turn over but not start. So I agree with the above post. Start with the battery, load test it, move on to the RCM and finish with CPS...the CPS wouldn't hurt to be changed anyway as it is usually a $40 fix here in the US.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:40 AM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry but the use of a period (.) to end a sentence every once in a while would help the readers alot. Very difficult read. Just sayin.

Old 02-10-2013, 11:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apologies for my complete lack of punctuation, i will make the effort and try harder. Thanks for the prompt replies and contained information. You have pointed me in the right direction,and at my advanced years i think i maybe still have a few connected brain synapes left. As we say tomorrow is another day, so will start afresh. P.S this RCM is is an easy fix? and is it easily accessible? Thank you cheers mickmatt

Old 02-10-2013, 11:50 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Apologies for my complete lack of punctuation, i will make the effort and try harder. Thanks for the prompt replies and contained information. You have pointed me in the right direction,and at my advanced years i think i maybe still have a few connected brain synapes left. As we say tomorrow is another day, so will start afresh. P.S this RCM is is an easy fix? and is it easily accessible? Thank you cheers mickmatt
If you have basic soldering skills and a good hot gun with resin core solder, it's pretty easy. It is the module in the box by the battery that has all the fuses on top of it.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post430634