Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

Vacuum line under intake 3.2L (help)

Old 08-07-2014, 01:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Vacuum line under intake 3.2L (help)

M112 intake manifold explained with photos. Intake Changeover Valve Questions - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Old 12-19-2014, 09:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys, a i have annoying hissing sound near pcv breathers and very high LTFT 12,5-15,8 , found out that if i take out and block pcv hoses LTFT becomes normal and hissing gone, breather covers are already resealed with RTV what also can cause such vacuum leak?

Old 12-19-2014, 02:28 PM
Forum Regular

Help me if I have this wrong.

There a vacuum reservore inside the intake manifold and this vacuum is used to change the intake runners through a device that is external to the manifold.

And we can't tap the hose hole and add a fitting?

And why oh why would mercedes engineers design somenthing like this?

My 02 Focus SVT had a motor to do this.

Old 12-19-2014, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by kai1
Hi guys, a i have annoying hissing sound near pcv breathers and very high LTFT 12,5-15,8 , found out that if i take out and block pcv hoses LTFT becomes normal and hissing gone, breather covers are already resealed with RTV what also can cause such vacuum leak?
I would create a new thread with a more detailed explanation of the problem. When did it start? What have you tried so far? Also try spraying carb cleaner near the hissing with the engine running, see if the idle changes at all. That could tell you where the air leak is.

Old 12-19-2014, 07:18 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by a7x6kse6
I would create a new thread with a more detailed explanation of the problem. When did it start? What have you tried so far? Also try spraying carb cleaner near the hissing with the engine running, see if the idle changes at all. That could tell you where the air leak is.

I agree John. It sounds like you have a different problem entirely, though I must thank you for leading me to this thread. I now know if I ever encounter this problem I do not need a new intake manifold.

Old 12-23-2014, 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by a7x6kse6
do not know when, just noticed some hissing on accel inside cabin, took a look to engine bay and found that it has a kind air passing through somewhere, i changed all the TB hoses and seals, resealed pvc breather covers, now thinking about changing valve covers gaskets, tried to breath smoke into pcv head holes but no luck, smoke isnt coming from valve heads...

Last edited by kai1; 12-23-2014 at 03:55 AM.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:29 AM

anybody..? please advise?

Old 05-28-2018, 05:21 AM
Default Re: Vacuum line under intake 3.2L (hero)

Originally Posted by NeedsWings
here is what it looks like on the inside, you cannot pull the vacuum line out and stick a new one in, they are fed from the inside out when built.
Good looking out on sharing the pictures.
I'm not thrilled with this designed obsolescence. No doubt in my mind this **** was made to break. Mercedes and all of West Germany went full retard on this one.

Old 05-28-2018, 01:41 PM
Received 202 Likes on 153 Posts
Default Re: Vacuum line under intake 3.2L (hero)

Originally Posted by PorscheTrumpsMercedes
Good looking out on sharing the pictures.
I'm not thrilled with this designed obsolescence. No doubt in my mind this **** was made to break. Mercedes and all of West Germany went full retard on this one.
yes,, and thank you Needswings,, I agree with you Porsche,,,,Trump's Mercedes,, love anything of trumps. How did you get his Mercedes? I know i know,,, i just had to trump you. I got a new car, free because of trump, , jim

Old 05-30-2018, 04:53 AM

[QUOTE=NeedsWings;806903]the rubber line is pressed in like an arrow, not glued. yes if that seal is broken the entire intake manifold needs to be replaced...

Runner flap actuator control screw with broken fork = spring clamp heated and pressed into position on remaining plastic portion of adjustment screw. Test to confirm proper operation and full movement, then reinforced using JB metallic paste (extreme heat) finish by smoothing edges and fit polyurethane spacer for smother operation. And oh, while I was in there removal of the accordion diaphragm hose and replaced with tapered fitting from the outside to allow for servicing again in another 250k or 15 years.
The intake is totally serviceable, just not cost effective unless you get an add on port&polish/smoothing + optimizing.