Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

transmission the does and don't (questions)

Old 03-16-2015, 11:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmission the does and don't (questions)

Please answer in the way they follow ty.
Background: washed my car the other day then decided to readjuat my headlights. When I shut the hood something sound different like something dell but I didn't see anything. Then I took it for a drive and engine light came on. The code was p0715. I have a automatic 2004 Chrysler crossfire coupé.

1.)how long of a dipstick do I need to make?
2.) What type of transmission fluid should I use.
3.) Its probably q faulty speed sensor, where is that located.
4.) Location of connector plate?

Please answer these. I've been searching the forum and its getting frustrating now.thanks.

Old 03-16-2015, 03:28 PM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: transmission the does and don't (questions)

Originally Posted by Freezer
Please answer in the way they follow ty.
Background: washed my car the other day then decided to readjuat my headlights. When I shut the hood something sound different like something dell but I didn't see anything. Then I took it for a drive and engine light came on. The code was p0715. I have a automatic 2004 Chrysler crossfire coupé.

1.)how long of a dipstick do I need to make?
2.) What type of transmission fluid should I use.
3.) Its probably q faulty speed sensor, where is that located.
4.) Location of connector plate?

Please answer these. I've been searching the forum and its getting frustrating now.thanks.
Just some quick responses:

If the transmission is leaking, it may be from the transmission connector. It''s on the passenger side up on the side of the transmission. It is known / prone to leaking. It's a cheap part but it is also know to be hard to remove, but only if it gets stipped in the connector plate. If you can get it out, that would be great. About 50 dollars to repair.

The Transmission connector plate is inside the tranny.
Transmission fluid type is: See this post: https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...d-replace.html
Fluid type info can be found in the manual. This post use Amsoil ATF
Not sure about the code and speed sensor relationship question. What are you asking?

Last edited by PNA; 03-16-2015 at 03:30 PM.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: transmission the does and don't (questions)

Call Rob at needswings, he can send you everything you need with OEM parts and fluids. check the fluid level, use the manual method (measure temp of pan and get the OEM trans dip stick), the zip tie measuring method was not accurate for me (I think it hit the valve body before hitting the bottom of the pan). If your fluid level is low then you need to replace the connector plug housing as it's O rings go bad (very cheap fix). You can jack up the passenger side of the car, remove the connector plug cable (twist lock design) then 7mm 1/4" drive deep socket to remove the retaining bolt. When you replace it DO NOT over tighten this bolt, its very low torque. You may have to find a high powered OBDII scanner to clear the code, I had success with a snap on Solus ultra with the European car software installed on the sd card.