Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

No Posi ???

Old 10-17-2015, 05:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Posi ???

I recently Obtain the 2005 SRT 6 crossfire.....
I went to high school in the 70s... I've had Chevelle Supersports GTOs and Roadrunners,Camaro super sport etc.... I have a 2006 Chrysler 300 srt8 for a few years now...I've never been much of a sports car fan but this crossfire seems to be pretty hot. I'll actually beats my srt8 Hemi in a quarter mile and 0 to 60 and probably top speed...Amazing.! My biggest question Is...
Why doesn't the crossfire srt6 have positraction ????? Would it be any faster... is it worth doing... any ideas on this?
Thanks for any in put..
Mishkin

Old 10-17-2015, 06:12 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: No Posi ?????

It was not manufactured with posi because MB in their infinite wisdom determined that the ESP system was a better approach.
HOWEVER, for the drag strip, most here have ordered and installed a WaveTrac pumpkin. ( $1,295.00 )
And, yes it is faster with the ESP disabled ( which after all is applying the brakes to the wheel that is spinning. )

Old 10-17-2015, 06:15 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Answer to your question is Wavetrack. Yes it's worth doing (if you drag race) and it will be quicker.
Welcome to the forum.
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...2-srt-6-a.html

Last edited by +fireamx; 10-17-2015 at 06:21 PM.
Old 10-17-2015, 06:39 PM

Thank you all so much for your answers.. I kind of figured it would Be much faster....I thought I'd ask .....I Was afraid I was stuck in the 70's...
If I put in the wave track Will it also handle is good and everything else computerized will work the same? Will the traction control be void?... Two more questions.. Is it just a piece that I put in the pumpkin or is it a major rear axle job... And where do I get one?
Again... Thank you all for your quick wonderful advice

Old 10-17-2015, 06:46 PM

Anaheim California... Great.. Not too far away Thanks for the phone number and all the information.

Old 10-17-2015, 06:51 PM

It will still handle the same or better, at the strip you will remove the main fuse for the ESP.
It IS just a piece, but if you are not an excellent mechanic familiar with setting all the tolerances correctly, you had best find an indie that will do it for you.
Perhaps WaveTrac has an installation service ?

Old 10-17-2015, 06:56 PM

So the traction control will still work even with the Posi...
kinda like on my Chrysler 300 srt8?
Once I put the wave track in I can leave it in for good even touring up to Northern California to Oregon and Washington it'll be good for on the highway?
Mines pretty much stock with 40,000 original miles on it was owned by an Air Force colonel Apache helicopter pilot... What do you think of a performance chip or something else simple? It's actually pretty darn fast as it is and I don't want to mess with the original integrity too much.

Old 10-17-2015, 07:12 PM

We'll let you by this time, but never say CHIP again !
For the SRT6, there are many options that will increase horsepower and torque.
There are also many options that will improve handling and braking.
All it takes is $$$$$.
The MAIN options are :
1. a DCAI from NeedsWings.
2. A tune from EuroCharged.
3. a handling package from Ground Control.
4. various pulley combinations from a variety of sources to increase boost ( search the forum on this )
( the above from a non-SRT6 owner, just what I've read here. Some of you blower heads chime in please )

Old 10-17-2015, 07:20 PM

OK....I'll probably go with the positraction Wave track, I figure a low12 second quarter mile fast enough for me anyway.. Everything else I think I'll leave stock Its already had a Euro tune.. But no....Aftermarket module...
Thank you all

Old 10-17-2015, 08:19 PM
Received 505 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
We'll let you by this time, but never say CHIP again !
For the SRT6, there are many options that will increase horsepower and torque.
There are also many options that will improve handling and braking.
All it takes is $$$$$.
The MAIN options are :
1. a DCAI from NeedsWings.
2. A tune from EuroCharged.
3. a handling package from Ground Control.
4. various pulley combinations from a variety of sources to increase boost ( search the forum on this )
( the above from a non-SRT6 owner, just what I've read here. Some of you blower heads chime in please )

No Need, You nailed it!

Old 10-22-2015, 07:02 PM
Default Re: No Posi ???

Hi.
Mishkin Here.. I had a question last week about getting Posi on my srt.. I was given Wavetrac`s phone #...
First... thank you all for your input.. I sold my 65 Corvette roadster and 69 Chevelle SS and bought a 2005 srt6 crossfire (I guess I got tired of working and maintaining the classics for 30 years) so this was a big change in my automotive life.. I cant believe fast this little car is !!! and I wont be doing valve jobs etc... for 200,000 miles
Im old school, and this computer stuff blow me away... I get parts, answers, input all in at my fingertips !!
Anyway I set up an appointment to install a wavetrac in calif.....
The next day I did a burn out on my driveway...it left two perfect signatures....
When I got the car the passenger rear tire was worn mush more than the other...so I assumed it didn't have posi...
Im trying to get ahold or the last owner to get some more history on this car, and read up on this "traction control" which is all new to me..
Also... does anyone else think that the seat belt is a poor design? Hard to reach and hard to get to the receiver between the seat and the center piece.
One more thing....It came with 2 sets of wheels and tires...one set has four 18'' MB wheels the other is the stock wheels two 19'' and two 18'' . besides looks...is there a handling advantage?
Thanks