Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

Swap C32 into E32 (SRT supercharged into NA car)

Old 08-17-2017, 01:54 PM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Swap C32 into E32 (SRT supercharged into NA car)

Originally Posted by Speedy4x4
Srt and na engines are different, srt is built with lower compression to handle the boost, on a na engine might not be able to handle more than 7 psi, boost raises compression.
I'm wondering If the n/a Mt ecu can work with the srt motor. If It can be a drop in kind of swap. Unless the bellhousing of the manual trans doesn't fit.

Last edited by alexdc; 08-18-2017 at 03:08 AM.
Old 05-03-2019, 02:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it just me or does it seem like everyone is becoming dumb no wonder women are starting to take over because of men Like well you know who you are and yes it will work and go together a lot easier than you Think it's just the people who paid way to much for there srt6 don't want to see real men Like us do what we want how we want to do It same motor same bolt pattern just a few woreharnesses and computer and bam you know why they say it's so much because they have to have everything done for them to paying to putting a battery in to turning a bolt it's not as much as everyone thinks at all it's the guys who rip everyone off and they don't even do good work so your paying top dollar for half *** work but I know a few guys who specialized in this type of things and it's just like taking the old parts out and putting back in with a slight twist

Old 05-03-2019, 08:17 AM
Received 140 Likes on 109 Posts

Well demonsfire NA. Feel free to put your money down or get the wrenches out and get cracking.

We’re all all looking forward to seeing the results or is it that summer has arrived really early with all of that hot air blowing around

sure its as as easy as you think

better start with a supercharger. They’re available on eBay and bolt right up. It will be the easiest thing for you to sell once you’ve discovered that you’re in way over your head

ive done it and I know how much $$ it can be.

Its cheaper to go out and buy one but it sounds like you know better

please be sure to keep the forum apprised of your progress.

Old 05-03-2019, 08:20 AM

BTW
THE DUMER THAN WOMEN comment is extremely disparaging to Women

its 2019 and I know of lots of senior techs who are women. And they are extremely smart and extremely talented.

Perhaps youre feeling poorly because you have recognized that they are smarter than you

Old 05-03-2019, 10:18 AM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by UrbanE
BTW
THE DUMER THAN WOMEN comment is extremely disparaging to Women

its 2019 and I know of lots of senior techs who are women. And they are extremely smart and extremely talented.

Perhaps youre feeling poorly because you have recognized that they are smarter than you
Excellent point, there are more young women in universities than young men, many men these days work at menial tasks so they can afford a pickup truck and a case of beer, these so called men are going to be mightily upset when they realize that their new boss is a woman or an immigrant who made the effort to enhance their learning. They will be even madder when they see who the new hires are. These days you need to be educated to get a decent job, I retired at the right time. LOL
I once talked a guy out of getting a fork lift driving job he was going to apply for because it paid more than his current drafting job. I asked him what his fork lift truck driving buddies would be doing in ten years. About ten years later I asked him if he wanted to change jobs and let me hire him as a designer where I worked. I reminded him about our conversation ten years previous and asked him how his buddies were doing, he laughed. I knew he was earning well over three times what his buddies would be getting.

Old 05-03-2019, 11:24 AM

No I think your mad because your wife probably read this with you then told you off and made you put down what she wanted to say or your just half a you know 😉 lol but no need to get mad right I'm just say it makes me mad to see how lazy people are getting these days and BTW I'm from Chicago and going fast and trying new things and building cars no one else has is my life it's easy to put a turbo on a Honda right .... well no it's not it's the same it's just everyone takes the time to do it and doesn't complain or say it's to hard Like riding a bike you don't really know till you try it yourself

Old 05-03-2019, 11:35 AM

O and BTW this is the second cross fire I've owned and since I blew up my mustang trying to go 300 mi in less than a hour and half lol now I'm about to put together the fastest 04 crossfire and I mean it I went to AZ in the early 90 for automotive and advance automotive then to Wyoming at WyoTech then I literally worked at every speed shop in the suburb and city of Chicago and just kept learning and then went to school for tool & die this way I could learn how to use Bridgeport mills wire edm CNC machines the hole 9 yards and worked at a shop called motive motion where they do customized exhaust customized race cars and work on Maseratis learn how to do a lot of welding and fabricating from them and put motors in cars I never thought were possible to put it with huge turbos that we're running 2600 horsepower so I think I know a little bit

Old 05-03-2019, 05:45 PM

Like I said prof is in the doing

when you’re done, send us images. We will all applaud your efforts

Here’s one for you $2700 pretty cheap and they have a pay now option

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CHRYSLER-CR...wAAOSwTY9bzqNT

In the meantime try not to get to close to a woman. For sure you’ll frighten her off

And most importantly, don’t forget your meds

dfire have a great weekend

Old 05-03-2019, 06:28 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Demonsfire
O and BTW this is the second cross fire I've owned and since I blew up my mustang trying to go 300 mi in less than a hour and half lol now I'm about to put together the fastest 04 crossfire and I mean it I went to AZ in the early 90 for automotive and advance automotive then to Wyoming at WyoTech then I literally worked at every speed shop in the suburb and city of Chicago and just kept learning and then went to school for tool & die this way I could learn how to use Bridgeport mills wire edm CNC machines the hole 9 yards and worked at a shop called motive motion where they do customized exhaust customized race cars and work on Maseratis learn how to do a lot of welding and fabricating from them and put motors in cars I never thought were possible to put it with huge turbos that we're running 2600 horsepower so I think I know a little bit
Your comment "I know a little bit" is the key point you make. With all your claimed knowledge and impressive re'sume', why are you needing to come here and ask? You are not the first cocky young bull$hiter to come along here on the Forum. If you can't take the advice and wisdom from Senior Members that have seen this come and go before; then you have much to learn. I've seen so much helpful and friendly advice given here on the Forum over the years, and I've done my best to do the same. But nobody wants to help someone with a boisterous know-it-all attitude like you've shown off. My advice: Use the "search" up on top of page there, and start reading and figuring it out for yourself. Best of luck to you.

Old 05-03-2019, 06:49 PM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by Demonsfire
Your second Crossfire? After the first one I would have thought you would have realized it’s limitations.