Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

Intermittent power

Old 10-18-2017, 09:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Intermittent power

I have a 2005 srt6. Power comes and goes once it is warmed up. I replaced the intercooler pump and still no good. The lines to the pump are cold which leads me to believe the pump isn't coming on. Any thoughts? What turns the pump?

Old 10-21-2017, 08:55 AM
Administrator
Received 884 Likes on 689 Posts
Default Re: Intermittent power

A command from the ECU to the Pulse Module closes a relay in the pulse module that powers the pump.

The relay or fuse could be bad, but there are a number of things that would cause the ECM to not command the pump to run. I"ve not owned an SRT, so I cant speak to anything past the wiring.

It is time for you to grab a voltmeter and the service manual and determine if the cause is the ECM not sending the enable to the pulse module, or if it is the pulse module.

The manual is downloadable free from our tech section.

Old 10-21-2017, 09:09 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

here's the pertinent stuff :

Old 10-21-2017, 09:18 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Cobrasrt8
I have a 2005 srt6. Power comes and goes once it is warmed up. I replaced the intercooler pump and still no good. The lines to the pump are cold which leads me to believe the pump isn't coming on. Any thoughts? What turns the pump?
It is possible that the line to the new pump has an air lock, was. It possible for a lot of air to get into the water pump line when you did the swap or did you clamp of the lines close to the pump?

Old 10-21-2017, 10:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the replies. I wound up going on Alldata and getting the wiring diagram. It turned out to be the fuse was blown. I guess since the car has sat for so many years the pump was seized and blew the fuse when I tried to start. Now it runs like a champ