Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

Air Box Mounting Grommets Missing

Old 12-29-2023, 02:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Air Box Mounting Grommets Missing

In the past year that I've owned a 2006 Limited, I noted that putting the standard Chrysler airbox back in place was sort of hit and miss, with the airbox just sort of sitting on the engine with no confirming "snap in" effect when pressing it in place. I took a really close look at this today and noted that the 4 rubber grommets that should be mounted to the engine are completely missing (the threaded holes are in the block, but nothing is there) and the air box is floating on the point where it attaches to the cool air inlet and a small tension clip at the front of the airbox. The four grommets and fasteners are completely gone as if removed by a prior owner.

So I'm on a search for these grommets and the needed fasteners. Anyone have a part number or a vendor link? I can't seem to find the item at the usual list of MB parts vendors. Thanks in advance for any help.

Germar

Old 12-29-2023, 07:09 PM
Forum Regular
Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts
Default Re: Air Box Mounting Grommets Missing

Originally Posted by Gmarcelo
In the past year that I've owned a 2006 Limited, I noted that putting the standard Chrysler airbox back in place was sort of hit and miss, with the airbox just sort of sitting on the engine with no confirming "snap in" effect when pressing it in place. I took a really close look at this today and noted that the 4 rubber grommets that should be mounted to the engine are completely missing (the threaded holes are in the block, but nothing is there) and the air box is floating on the point where it attaches to the cool air inlet and a small tension clip at the front of the airbox. The four grommets and fasteners are completely gone as if removed by a prior owner.

So I'm on a search for these grommets and the needed fasteners. Anyone have a part number or a vendor link? I can't seem to find the item at the usual list of MB parts vendors. Thanks in advance for any help.

Germar
Mercedes part number 1120900089

Old 12-29-2023, 09:07 PM

Spot on, much thanks! Happy New Year!

Old 12-29-2023, 11:58 PM
Received 134 Likes on 111 Posts

Ebay
https://www.ebay.com/itm/36439156165...Bk9SR_DfrZGXYw

Old 12-30-2023, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by dcskmail
Thanks for this link! Gee, I'm surprised how oddball this part seems to be. Not easy to find on the internet. I guess my car's prior owner might have had an aftermarket cold air induction system in place and then converted it back to stock when he sold it. He never put these mounting points back on and the air cleaner housing just sorts of floats on top of the engine.