Europe Serving all countries of the European continent.

Servicing Costs & Warranty Work

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 03:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servicing Costs & Warranty Work

Hi, just some feedback following recent dealership experiences: My Xfire has just had the 'B' service at Listers Lincoln - they charged me total of £240.00 which I thought was very reasonable. At the same time they fitted a new control switch for the electric mirrors, and new wheel centers which were water ingressed. These two warranty items meant I was entitled to a free courtesy car (new Dodge Kaliber) for two days. I could have reduced the cost by £55.00 by taking my own oil, but found I could'nt buy it for that price myself. I reckon this was a god deal considering the cost of getting my Vauxhall Signum serviced is much more.

Old 03-01-2008, 10:58 AM
Default Re: Servicing Costs & Warranty Work

Hey Steve,

Thanks for putting that price up, it was interesting to see how much it'll cost, or at least an idea for the "B".

When I picked my car up from the dealer, two weeks ago! , the 20,000 mile service was being carried out as I waited, (as the car had 19700 showing on the clock and was so close to the service point).

I had a vague idea of cost, but your post doesn't leave me now counting down the next 10,000 miles with dread

Edit - Possible necro posting......Gah! I didn't realise your post had been up for so long, that'll teach me to have so many pages open at once.

Last edited by Mobius Strip; 03-01-2008 at 11:01 AM.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mobius Strip
Hey Steve,

Thanks for putting that price up, it was interesting to see how much it'll cost, or at least an idea for the "B".

When I picked my car up from the dealer, two weeks ago! , the 20,000 mile service was being carried out as I waited, (as the car had 19700 showing on the clock and was so close to the service point).

I had a vague idea of cost, but your post doesn't leave me now counting down the next 10,000 miles with dread

Edit - Possible necro posting......Gah! I didn't realise your post had been up for so long, that'll teach me to have so many pages open at once.
Yes this was last year, but I understand that prices have not increased as yet, but any further experiences on this will allways be worth knowing. These cars seem to have a reputation to be expensive to run and there have been some frightening prices reported on here for servicing, however I find the people i deal with very helpfull, not only for servicing costs but the various warranty jobs have been done no probs
All the best!
Steve

Old 03-06-2008, 12:29 PM

My Crossfire need the B service, its done 44000 miles, i got a price form Chrysler Lincoln of £567.00 and promptly fell over! I asked why it was so much and i was told all the sparkplugs needed replacing and the service would take 3hrs!! Seems a bit ott to me. What was done on your B service?

Old 03-06-2008, 12:54 PM
Cool Re: Servicing Costs & Warranty Work

Originally Posted by stevep113
My Crossfire need the B service, its done 44000 miles, i got a price form Chrysler Lincoln of £567.00 and promptly fell over! I asked why it was so much and i was told all the sparkplugs needed replacing and the service would take 3hrs!! Seems a bit ott to me. What was done on your B service?
Hi, this is very strange, I would check out themanual for the plugs, but im sure they not scheduled for change yet, but bear in mind there 12 in the crossfire, IE 2 plugs per cylinder and they will you about 12.00 each for them. You can quote my name to Daniel or Rene' on service reception and Mr Steve Walsh KU55 URE had his done there for 260.00 all in inc VAT. Where do you live? if it needs plugs they can be bought for half that, come round my place at Newark and we will pop them in for nothing ! Let me know how you get on ok.
Cheers Steve

Old 03-07-2008, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by stevep113
My Crossfire need the B service, its done 44000 miles, i got a price form Chrysler Lincoln of £567.00 and promptly fell over!
My eyeballs just protruded 2 inches from their sockets (cartoon style) when I read that!

I too would be interested to hear how you get on, let's hope that the quote was on the 'enthusiastic' side.

Old 03-08-2008, 09:13 AM

I can confirm that Spark Plugs, according to the service manual do not need changing until 100,000 miles. The B Service is a minor which involves an oil chance plus the usual fluid checks, brake checks etc.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Steve - UK
I can confirm that Spark Plugs, according to the service manual do not need changing until 100,000 miles. The B Service is a minor which involves an oil chance plus the usual fluid checks, brake checks etc.

My Crossfire goes in next week for a 48k service....i asked about the plugs they said as above 100k....total cost inc parts, labour and VAT £280...Listers Coventry

Old 03-11-2008, 03:41 PM
Forum Regular

Hi SteveB1 Are Lisers of Coventry any good as this is my local dealer ,did not buy Xfire from them , But it has now done 21k miles its a 04 car is this due for a service , I had a oil / filter & plug seal change after i pickup the car last November .

Old 03-12-2008, 06:05 AM

I had a service done about a week ago. It was a 'Two Spanner' service, the car has done just over 17,000 miles. Total cost was just over £280....

That was at Glynn Hopkin in Milton Keynes...

Old 03-12-2008, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by ZeroZero
Hi SteveB1 Are Lisers of Coventry any good as this is my local dealer ,did not buy Xfire from them , But it has now done 21k miles its a 04 car is this due for a service , I had a oil / filter & plug seal change after i pickup the car last November .
Hi Zero..yes i found Listers to be very good although if you want a hire car for the day you could end up with any of the Chrysler range from a Jeep to a Voyager..good fun though....but yes they have done good work on my servicing and all my warranty work done to a good standard....if you need a contact there ask for Steve Quin....hope this helps

Steve

Old 03-12-2008, 06:20 PM
Forum Regular

Hi SteveB1 ,Cheers for that will do , do you know the service mileage or times , As do not have any spanners showing at the moment , & just wanted to know when to start looking .

Old 03-15-2008, 03:42 PM
Forum Regular

I've also been told I need new spark plugs on my next service. Done 33,000 miles and is due a B service. John Groose in Ipswich want £550 and also phoned one in Chelmsford who quoted about the same. WTF is going on?

Old 03-15-2008, 04:47 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's not just mileage it's time as well.
My cars due the next service it's only done 16,000 miles but because it's 4 years old it is due a fuel filter and air filters.
When it's 5 years old it will be due spark plugs and a coolant change.

Norrie.