Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

the headlights are designed by the devil !

Old 10-03-2007, 10:35 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default the headlights are designed by the devil !

the headlights are designed by the devil ! haha ... ok so i saw a post like that in the past and it made me laugh that i thought of it as i did my hack today .. i really dislike the wire clip that holds the h7 bulbs in but wanted to upgrade to HID, so did i buy a H7 kit ? of course not i got DS2 bulbs (stock bulbs on factory HID cars) from phillips and retro fitted them to the housing ... to my shock i did not need to make a offset spacer to adjust the beam as both the h7 and ds2 had the same depth where the light illuminates from. the result ? i cut half a inch off the headlamp housing. ooooh, ouch, yes it did hurt to do but the ds2 socket needed room. but all turned out well as the beam is cleam with no bleeding and a clean cutoff as expected. i just have to go grab some tad larger rubber caps tomorrow to seal the housings with and take some pictures to post of the beam pattern.

Old 10-03-2007, 11:17 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: the headlights are designed by the devil !

was that a better alternative to he hid kit?

Old 10-04-2007, 07:28 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

only if you want phillips ds2 bulbs which are known to last 5 years on average ... and OEM ballasts which again outlast the aftermarket. i got mine new in the box from a friend that dabbles in conversions ...

next i am putting in stock fog lamps with the mculloch hid kit in them ... i am not too concerned with the fog lamps lasting as long... still considering getting yellow filters for the fogs though as i already applied 3m rock blocker film to them.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought one of those Chrysler release new roadsters, and the headlights had lot rot. The car only had 13 miles, though the lens on the headlights were crazed and blotched, the dealer gave me a hard time with warranty. I challenged them and finally they agreed to replace both under warranty. My receipt shows no charge, but I looked at their bill and the amount was $356 Per Side and $50 ea, for installation, $812 to replace both, WOW...
Yea officer, Give me the fix it ticket for the light being out, I'll have it fixed tomorrow..."be careful what you promise" TG I did not have to shell that out!