Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Carbon Fiber

Old 10-11-2009, 09:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Carbon Fiber

Originally Posted by kenyonmjr6
I want in and I have money. I want to see a product first then i will gladly make a purchase.

ditto.... product first then i will pay...i guess that comes from too many bad deals...

Old 10-11-2009, 11:58 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Totally down for a carbon version of Mopar's hood. That thing is so damn sexy!
As for sending you $600 to wait for 3 weeks with no product, no thank you. I already got screwed out of about $200 from the side skirt fiasco. I suggest a deposit, then when we see the product has been manufactured then pay the rest. I also suggest payments through PayPal to a site administrator or something so less chance of getting screwed. Do we have any long time members that live around there?

Old 10-12-2009, 01:08 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I am glad to hear people starting to talk about not blindly sending money for this. I think that the hood is sexy as well, and I hope that it does come to fruition. Like I stated in my earlier posts, I am not trying to question 04xfireid's integrity or intentions, but this is a lot of money to commit on something without any concrete assurances, or even worse.... no actual product to make a determination of quality, fit, finish, etc. What will you do if and when you actually do receive a product to find out that it does not fit properly... the tolerances for the gaps around the body panels are not acceptable, etc. CF is not like fiberglass where you can sand and fill to correct imperfections or fit issues. For this discussion to continue, are there actually 5 people here that are willing to spend $615 on a promise?

Furthermore, I suggested in an earlier post that 04xfireid at least fill out a public profile, and post pictures in his gallery of himself and his crossfire since he is a new member of this forum. He has filled out a basic profile, but has yet to load any pictures in his gallery.

I am not trying to **** anyone here off, or squash this opportunity to have additional parts for our cars, but come on.... If a company wants to develop products for any car, not just ours, there has to be R&D dollars and initial startup costs absorbed by the company that are later reflected in the retail cost of the product. What I seem to be seeing here... at best..... is a relatively new small business that would like to provide products to us as long as we are willing to pay full price prior to development, and then be beta testers for them. This just seems to me to be a business model that is doomed from the beginning and has a greater than average risk for very unhappy customers.

What might be a better business strategy would be for this business to develop a hood for 04xfireid. He could then take very detailed pictures of the hood installed on his crossfire and post them here for us to see. If the quality depicted in these detailed photos pass muster, then make an offer to sell the hoods at a discounted price to the first 5 people that purchase. If the product is of high quality, then viral marketing will take over from these initial sales with over 70,000 potential customers. I think that if this was done correctly, that the business would be hiring people to keep up with the demand from orders coming in. Not to mention that then the business would be trusted within this site just like TVT or NW. From there they could develop numerous other products that we would be more than happy to buy.

Or, I may just be crazy.... If there are 5 people here willing to do this on faith..... good luck to you.

Old 10-12-2009, 01:23 AM
Forum Regular

Bmorgan, I couldnt have said it better. I second what Bmorgan has suggested

Old 10-12-2009, 01:34 PM
Forum Regular

That's true about Mopar's hood. I'm pretty sure when he first finished it someone asked is they could have it copied in fiberglass and he pretty much said hell no. But i'm no fan of the stock hood. The boat paneling is the worst part of it but i think it needs some kind of ventilation. our cars already run hot enough.

Old 10-12-2009, 03:18 PM
Forum Regular

Has anyone checked with Mopar to see if he'd even donate his hood?

I think the stock is the best option because we all know what it looks like. If we'd just let the fabricator interpret the look from a photo I really doubt a majority would approve. If anything I'd suggest 2 options...

1. Stock
2. Stock w/strakes removed (keeping the center spine)

I think everyone can imagine what that would look like plus it wouldn't be much additional tooling for the mold.

04xfireid if you're for real and come through with initiating these products you will be a highly liked member indeed!

Old 10-13-2009, 12:05 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Is my hood done yet?
04xfireid, guesstimate on how long before we have something to look at? I WANT ONE!

Old 10-13-2009, 01:05 PM

i'd be interested in a few things! nice looking work he's done.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:15 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 04xfireid
Ok guys, sorry it has been a while, I am meeting with him tomorrow. He is using my hood for the donor. So from what I understand, most of us want something that is similar to the hood pictured above. do we want an intake vent in the front similar to a srt charger? or what are you all thinking?
Dustin
You met with him 4 days ago, inquiring minds want to know what you found out????

Old 10-20-2009, 11:22 PM
Forum Regular

so I take it this was vaporware

Old 10-21-2009, 08:26 AM

I was hesitant before, but after no communication for almost 2 weeks from a guy who says, "send me hundreds of dollars and in three weeks you will have awesome parts" and I believe I will steer clear, at least until I see some product.

Old 10-21-2009, 11:35 AM

hey guys, i am extremely sorry i havent posted. I have been trying to get some issues taken care of with my xfire with the stealership. and I am in the national guard, and have been really busy with that, we are getting ready to go to Iraq, and I have been trying to get everything in order for that. He said It shouldnt cost anymore to do a hood like the one that was pictured before, If noone is interested anymore, I can completly understand, since it has taken me so long to repost. If you are still interested, just let me know, I will get with him and get it started. sorry again for the long wait.
Dustin

Old 10-21-2009, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by 04xfireid
hey guys, i am extremely sorry i havent posted. I have been trying to get some issues taken care of with my xfire with the stealership. and I am in the national guard, and have been really busy with that, we are getting ready to go to Iraq, and I have been trying to get everything in order for that. He said It shouldnt cost anymore to do a hood like the one that was pictured before, If noone is interested anymore, I can completly understand, since it has taken me so long to repost. If you are still interested, just let me know, I will get with him and get it started. sorry again for the long wait.
Dustin
I'm sure we are still interested, but we are definitely hesitant about sending money without the final product finished first...

just my $.02

Old 10-21-2009, 02:29 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ZAHANMA
I'm sure we are still interested, but we are definitely hesitant about sending money without the final product finished first...

just my $.02
yep, I'm still interested, with same reservations as ZAHANMA, especially since it's a vendor we are unfamiliar with

Old 10-21-2009, 04:58 PM

^^^ +1 as I stated before, I will be steering clear, until I see some product. Once product that is satisfactory has been delivered to forum members I know and trust, I will be first on the list for a new hood.

Plenty of interest here from many people, we just need results, not talk.

Old 10-21-2009, 06:17 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Same here. STILL interested just gotta see it to believe it.

It's gonna look bad as$ on the graphite coupe!

Old 10-21-2009, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by tighed1

Yes it will.....

Just not quite as good as it will on a blacked out coupe on 20s

Old 10-24-2009, 09:17 AM

If the hood turns out nice....I will drive or trailer my car out to him and get 1 of each item offered, since I plan on keeping my car now and adding some goodies next season.

Old 10-24-2009, 10:12 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Why don't you just start out with some of the small cheaper parts like the diffusers done in carbon fiber? That way everyone can see the quality of craftmanship produced and you could just pay for them your self and we would just buy them off you after they are done and we know they fit proper and all that good stuff. If the quality is there you would have no problem selling those 5 sets and build some "trust" with the forum members when dealing with the money situation. Then work on the crossfire hood or more money items. Just a sudgestion.

Old 10-24-2009, 02:14 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tighed1

I think it would look way better on a BLACK coupe. Imo

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber