Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Grates on front bumper

Old 11-26-2010, 08:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grates on front bumper

Hey guys.. I was wondering what the odds might be on finding this particular part. Ive looked through all the manuals i can find (here and others) and cant even find a part number. I called them "grates" because i am not sure what they are actually called.. but heres an image of where they are.. there are two of them, one on either side and below the lic plate..

Mine is an 07 and thanks for any info

Old 11-26-2010, 08:38 PM
www.CustomCrossfire.com
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Grates on front bumper

called lower grill.

Theres a few different aftermarket ones available as well as the factory part

Old 11-26-2010, 08:42 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Crow
Hey guys.. I was wondering what the odds might be on finding this particular part. Ive looked through all the manuals i can find (here and others) and cant even find a part number. I called them "grates" because i am not sure what they are actually called.. but heres an image of where they are.. there are two of them, one on either side and below the lic plate..

Mine is an 07 and thanks for any info
Welcome Crow!

The right grill fascia is part #0YA38XS9AA and left is 0YA39XS9AA.

Old 11-26-2010, 08:44 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

You can find them on Chrysler Parts Direct - Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep Parts and accessories

They are called: Bumper Grille Right and Bumper Grille Left. They are $39.27 each. You will have to drill down with the year, make and model. Then select Front Bumper > Bumper and Components > Bumper Grille.

Old 11-26-2010, 08:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks alot guys... I hit something in the road a few nights ago and it didnt do any damage except (and apparently..) to loosen that grill and it fell out. My headlights only shine out about 10 feet in front the car and i didnt see whatever it was i hit. I cant adjust my lights any further up than they are, i was told at the dealership I had to have a special tool to be able to adjust my low beams without adjusting high beams.. also my lights seem to go out a lot. I bought the car back in March of this year (stole it, dang near..) and I have replaced 4 low beams so far..

Also, I would like to say, I am admin at 4 different anti-spyware/malware sites and yall's forums are very well "put together" and run. Finding forums with such knowledgeable members and great structure are few and far between.. please..keep up the good work. I know it takes alot of time and effort and I for one greatly appreciate it..

Old 11-26-2010, 11:43 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Crow
My headlights only shine out about 10 feet in front the car and i didnt see whatever it was i hit. I cant adjust my lights any further up than they are...
The bulbs are not installed correctly. It may *seem* they are, but, they're not. I had this same problem and it kicked my *** until someone here gave me a very simple solution - have the lights turned on and pointed at a blank wall when you install the bulbs.

I know you know there is a tab and the bulb has to be seated the right way. It would seem to be installed correctly at that point, but it isn't. There is a tiny bit of wiggle room involved - you will barely touch it and it will make a big difference. So, get it seated the right way, then move it around a little until it hits the right spot. Hold it in place well until you get the spring back on it.

Old 11-27-2010, 12:02 AM
www.CustomCrossfire.com
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Next time you replace your bulbs be sure not to touch the glass with your fingers. Touching the glass can and will shorten the life of the bulb drastically. This may be why yours have been going out so frequently??

Old 11-27-2010, 03:13 AM
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by Joliet John
The bulbs are not installed correctly. It may *seem* they are, but, they're not. I had this same problem and it kicked my *** until someone here gave me a very simple solution - have the lights turned on and pointed at a blank wall when you install the bulbs.

I know you know there is a tab and the bulb has to be seated the right way. It would seem to be installed correctly at that point, but it isn't. There is a tiny bit of wiggle room involved - you will barely touch it and it will make a big difference. So, get it seated the right way, then move it around a little until it hits the right spot. Hold it in place well until you get the spring back on it.
You do not have to unfasten the spring clip to adjust the bulb correctly. Just wiggle it around and it will fall into place using the spring pressure. It cannot go far and it just clicks into the correct position.
The bulbs are not adjustable independently, as far as I know they are preset, one bulb is right then they are both right.