Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Aftermarket Projector's

Old 08-01-2011, 03:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Aftermarket Projector's

Ok, I cannot find aftermarket projector headlights for the crossfire anywhere!! Don't get me wrong I love the Stock Headlights, I just want my car to stand out more. There aint nothing wrong with that is there. If anyone knows where to Buy aftermarket projector headlights please let me know, THANKS!

Old 08-01-2011, 03:30 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Aftermarket Projector's

Originally Posted by austinboyette
Ok, I cannot find aftermarket projector headlights for the crossfire anywhere!! Don't get me wrong I love the Stock Headlights, I just want my car to stand out more. There aint nothing wrong with that is there. If anyone knows where to Buy aftermarket projector headlights please let me know, THANKS!
You can have them "demon, angel, and halo" modded (different ways of adding lights to your housing/projectors), but thats really about all i've seen... nobody that i've seen makes an actual new/different projector itself..

If you scroll down this page you'll find some good examples of the mods i mentioned...

Old 08-01-2011, 03:33 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kolme
You can have them "demon, angel, and halo" modded (different ways of adding lights to your housing/projectors), but thats really about all i've seen... nobody that i've seen makes an actual new/different projector itself..

If you scroll down this page you'll find some good examples of the mods i mentioned...
‪Chrysler Crossfire halo demon eye headlights‬‏ - YouTube If you want a basic look at what some people do... sadly the company that made this one seems to not be producing lights right now.... Although I'm sure someone in your city could do some neat mods.

Old 08-02-2011, 02:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know someone (I believe CDT Germany) makes a set of actual HID projectors, but they cost somewhere north of $2,000. If you have the budget, they are out there...

(Most of us just do an HID/LED conversion to give our cars the subtle, classy glow that $100K+ cars have for 10% of what those projos cost)

Old 08-02-2011, 02:31 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
I know someone (I believe CDT Germany) makes a set of actual HID projectors, but they cost somewhere north of $2,000. If you have the budget, they are out there...

(Most of us just do an HID/LED conversion to give our cars the subtle, classy glow that $100K+ cars have for 10% of what those projos cost)
Hey Boiler, how much of a pain is it to pull off a headlight, open it up, and seal??? I figured you might have tinkered around in their once or twice...

Old 08-02-2011, 02:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kolme
Hey Boiler, how much of a pain is it to pull off a headlight, open it up, and seal??? I figured you might have tinkered around in their once or twice...
Ask James for sure, he just got done with a Halo install and it looks awesome. IMHO with the research I have done and knowing what the assemblies cost, I would not try it, but thats just because I don't care for the BMW wanna-be halos or the Audi running LEDs, they look nice, but those items are a brand identifier, and no XF is of those brands....

You CAN NOT bake them in an oven like some lights, you must cut the entire assembly cover off with something like a dremel, do your mods, and close it back up usually with RTV. Good luck if you do try it, I am sure they will look mean....

Old 08-02-2011, 02:43 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
Ask James for sure, he just got done with a Halo install and it looks awesome. IMHO with the research I have done and knowing what the assemblies cost, I would not try it, but thats just because I don't care for the BMW wanna-be halos or the Audi running LEDs, they look nice, but those items are a brand identifier, and no XF is of those brands....

You CAN NOT bake them in an oven like some lights, you must cut the entire assembly cover off with something like a dremel, do your mods, and close it back up usually with RTV. Good luck if you do try it, I am sure they will look mean....
Eeeekk!! that sounds terribleee!!! I despiseeee cutting, its the number 1 leader in me searching for parts on the internet... I was thinking of doing something a bit different from the norm by installing Day-Time diffratcting LEDs in both the High and Lows so that they would basically have a visible angry glow... But yikes... this sounds like an idea I may want to tackle a bit down the road..

Thanks Boil