Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

FEELER: SRT-6.com Rear Diffusors made by ViS, Groupbuy

Old 05-19-2014, 12:03 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Question Re: FEELER: SRT-6.com Rear Diffusors made by ViS, Groupbuy

I am not on this group by list, to buy a diffusor in carbon fiber ,but . . . Do You Guys will get this pretty soon ?

As I have mentionned , earlier , in another post . . . I really wanted to buy a second hand one ,at a fair price ,from one of You that will have one for sale after He received his new diffusor . . . (preference ) would really like it to be in good shape , of the OEM type and already painted in Aero Blue . . . fussy is'nt . . . I really have to fill those two holes in that bumper of my XF pretty soon ;-))

Daniel

Old 06-16-2014, 02:35 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: FEELER: SRT-6.com Rear Diffusors made by ViS, Groupbuy

Originally Posted by FUBU
See first post for info. But in short, things are happening and we will get timelines soon.
Your "first post for info" hasn't changed or updated for some time now. Things don't seem to be happening as you suggested.

Old 07-11-2014, 01:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anything on this yet?

Old 07-12-2014, 07:30 AM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I signed up for 2 sets from the link in the first post...

Old 07-14-2014, 01:25 PM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

7 months and counting. I bought the ones off ebay which worked good after a little paint work.

Old 07-14-2014, 03:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The boss is still in Asia but will arrive in mid-late feb to give us the details. They are taking us seriously.
Phillip, I am not trying to be rude, but have you heard anything at all from them about either the hoods or the diffiusors?

Old 07-24-2014, 06:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello.....any updates on this project???

Thank you

Old 07-25-2014, 07:55 AM
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

I hesitate to jump into this but it would certainly seem that this project is dead in the water. For what it might be worth, I have a good friend in MI who owns a very successful automotive supplier tooling business. I mentioned to him a few months ago that the Crossfire community was having trouble finding a supplier to make carbon fiber rear diffusers for our cars. He said he would be willing to take a look at the project.

To see if my guy might be willing to take on the project, I would need to "borrow" an OEM diffuser set so he can look them over and possibly use them to make a mold. I seem to remember that a forum member mentioned that he had an original OEM diffuser set that he had never installed?

Guess if I could "borrow" a pair of OEM diffusers I would be willing to see if my source would be willing to take this on.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:28 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RED DOG
I hesitate to jump into this but it would certainly seem that this project is dead in the water. For what it might be worth, I have a good friend in MI who owns a very successful automotive supplier tooling business. I mentioned to him a few months ago that the Crossfire community was having trouble finding a supplier to make carbon fiber rear diffusers for our cars. He said he would be willing to take a look at the project.

To see if my guy might be willing to take on the project, I would need to "borrow" an OEM diffuser set so he can look them over and possibly use them to make a mold. I seem to remember that a forum member mentioned that he had an original OEM diffuser set that he had never installed?

Guess if I could "borrow" a pair of OEM diffusers I would be willing to see if my source would be willing to take this on.
I've got an original set, uninstalled.. but your use of quotation marks around the word borrow makes me hesitant!

Just kidding. Let me know. I've also got a bunch of pictures next to a measuring tape if he wants to take a look at the dimensions first.. from when I talked to a composites vendor near me, he seemed to think that the compound angles would make it a little more difficult and expensive, maybe prohibitively so

Old 07-25-2014, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by rayth
I've got an original set, uninstalled.. but your use of quotation marks around the word borrow makes me hesitant!

Just kidding. Let me know. I've also got a bunch of pictures next to a measuring tape if he wants to take a look at the dimensions first.. from when I talked to a composites vendor near me, he seemed to think that the compound angles would make it a little more difficult and expensive, maybe prohibitively so
Hi and thanks for your response. I did some research right after my post and found that you were the one I remembered as having an OEM set of diffusers on hand. Since you have some photos already, can we start by having you e-mail me your photos? I'll get the photos to my guy in Michigan and see if he would be willing to help us move forward on this project. Please e-mail your photos to RedDogNumber1@aol.com. THANKS . . .

Old 08-07-2014, 04:01 AM

Just to follow up (and probably put an end to this). My guy in MI is a dead end. Projecting the cost amortized over about 50 units would be WAY too much work and money for him or us to consider . . . Sorry . . . I tried.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:59 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I think this is what everyone looking into this is finding.. Carbon fiber is going to reach deep into the pockets.

Old 08-07-2014, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
I think this is what everyone looking into this is finding.. Carbon fiber is going to reach deep into the pockets.
Yes, gotta agree. Thanks to RedDog for trying, and sharing the news right away, instead of leaving everyone hanging and wondering.

Old 08-07-2014, 12:31 PM

Yea... thanks REDDOG. I think I'll try the "shark" fin antennas as Mrmiata did. His turned out real good...IMHO...Carl

Old 08-07-2014, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
None of the ones we are talking about having made are CF through and through, they are FG covered in CF, so the cost SHOULD Be reasonable.

I have only seen ultra high end pieces made entirely from CF in the aftermarket, and they are seriously expensive...

Old 08-07-2014, 05:22 PM

image.jpg

Here you go.

Old 08-08-2014, 05:18 AM

Also, all the negative energy and thread hijacking some of u are putting in here, just do it somewhere else.

Old 08-08-2014, 11:07 AM

Also, all the negative energy and thread hijacking some of u are putting in here, just do it somewhere else.
When you don't show up to your own thread for over 3 months, this happens. That aside, I'm certain that everyone here is rooting for you FUBU. Good luck w/ this endeavor.

Old 08-08-2014, 11:27 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

That's what happens when you start feeler Nov. 2013 and this thread Dec. 2013 on a group buy and get people excited about a new mod and get a sign up list started. Through no fault of your own, it hasn't happened yet. However, there haven't been any updates since your last post 3 months ago. The negativity comes in to play when there are gaps between updates. Even if there is none, it is best to keep your thread alive with some positive outlook. Personally I have no interest in the diffusers as I've already got them. I am interested in the hood, however, I do not put my name on group buy lists as I do not want to be disappointed as so many have as most group buys didn't happen. At least none has money invested in this one. This one was suppose to get off the ground in Feb. 2014. We all come to your thread hoping to hear some good news from the FUBU. Oh, sorry to have hijacked your thread to express what some others might be thinking. Don't shoot the messenger. We are all pulling for you to pull this off, but at some point in time, it is best to let it go or find another company that will do the job and provide a good product.

Last edited by Bill F; 08-08-2014 at 02:47 PM.
Old 08-09-2014, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by dinasrt
When you don't show up to your own thread for over 3 months, this happens. That aside, I'm certain that everyone here is rooting for you FUBU. Good luck w/ this endeavor.
Naw man, negativity and hijacking is according to me always uncalled for. Unless someone is bringing negativity themselves, which I have not.

I am having discussions with ViS.
I am having discussions with a backup supplier, that has already said he wants to do it.
I am trying to get this rolling.

if anyone feel like doing a project of your own, just go ahead, but please do not involve me or this thread.

Quick Reply: FEELER: SRT-6.com Rear Diffusors made by ViS, Groupbuy