Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Right side marker/parking light/brake light fuse trouble

Old 10-29-2014, 04:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Right side marker/parking light/brake light fuse trouble

Hello everyone,
here I am again with the same problem. Using past posts and advices, I removed all the trim panels in my trunk to access the module (and the sitting water). Thank you all for that advice and all the great pictures found in the forum.

I disconnected the module, removed the right rear parking/brake bulb and disconnected the plug. I also disconnected the trunk light. So, with a bunch of dangling wire, I thought that putting back a new 7.5A fuse in the fuse box bay (right parking/brake light_side markers) would do me justice and be fine. HAN! I was wrong. Another fuse blown. Now I'm mystified. It's coming from one of the side marker light? The small front bulb in the right headlight? A grounded wire?

I'm not quite sure where to go now....And it started with trying to replace a headlight bulb on the passenger side (which was no fun to do). Did I pinch a wire in the master connector that hooks to the headlamp? All I know is the next morning after I was very happy that my headlamp was functioning properly, my right side tail light wasn't working. And then, when I try to replace that bulb, the right side completely shut down. I read about the bad connections in the bulb housing. But, even with this housing totally disconnected the fuse was still sparkling (nice choice of word I say).

Any Guru's advice or I have beer and pizza if you want to come help ;-)

I'll post some pictures this weekend. I haven 't done that yet.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

I certainly don't want to give the Cops any chance to stop me because of that.......But I miss driving my car.....snif sniff..

Old 10-29-2014, 06:59 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Right side marker/parking light/brake light fuse trouble

If one certain fuse keeps blowing, try this :
Replace the fuse with a 12v light bulb wired across the fuse connection points.
If a short was causing the fuse to blow, then the light will be bright.
Watch the light and wiggle any wiring suspected to be causing the short, see if the light goes out.
Also remove/unplug any components in the circuit and see what the light does.

Which fuse # is it ?
Use the service manual pdf available from the link provided below to see the circuit.
( look under wiring / power distribution )

Old 05-11-2018, 04:07 PM

Hello .....lm wondering what was the cause ? I have the exact same problem wondering what the fix was ....can you please post a update .....yes l know it is a post from years ago but and help appreciated...

Old 05-11-2018, 04:18 PM

If I remember correctly, it was the small marker light in the headlight on the passenger side that was causing the problem. It was a be-atch to replace that light due to the lack of space. I think I squeezed it to hard when I reinstalled it. I had a mechanic fix it. That's all I remember.... But it did solve my problem.