Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Cabriolet Wavy Lines

Old 11-21-2014, 10:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cabriolet Wavy Lines

Hi guys, feel a bit duped on my Crossfire. The front wheels are buckled (not in need of tracking as originally said) and my hood looks like the photo attached.

Additionally the laminate is broken on the windscreen frame, is there anything I can do about this?

Any ideas / recommendations?

Kevin.

Roof.JPG

Old 11-21-2014, 06:59 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Cabriolet Wavy Lines

Well, I don't know about duped. The hood and windshield surround should have been very obvious when you purchased your car. The Rims are bent, and that seems to be a common thing as the cars have aged ( In my perception ). There are many sets of rims for sale here, or you could invest in a sweet set of Mandrus Millenniums or some other bling to suit your nature.

The windshield surround just pops off, you can find the instruction with a basic search. Buy some Chromed ones or paint it to suit your flavor.

That hood picture is almost unviewable. It looks like it was waxed in direct sunlight, coated with pollen and then the picture was shot with a Polaroid 2 minutes before dusk.
I cannot tell whats wrong with it from that shot. Perhaps just take some scratchX to it and rewax?

OH now I see that's the Roof of a convertible, not the hood. Disregard my waxing theory.

Other than the rims, and a possible repaint on the hood ( I have no idea ) Waxing and repainting or buying some new surrounds are cheap and easy.

Sorry if I misunderstood your issues Sir.

Last edited by 05roadsterguy; 11-21-2014 at 07:06 PM.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:23 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I picked my newest addition roadster apart. Pointing out those little issues.. he knew I knew what I was talking about and dropped his price significantly. Something about a loose rear window seemed to have kept his "other interested parties" from returning.. LOL. Haven't had any surprises over what I noted at initial inspection.

Old 11-22-2014, 07:45 AM
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

The convertible top looks that way from using a pressure washer on it. You might try hand washing it using a soft bristle brush. After it's dry use a convertible top protectant like aerospace 303.

Old 11-22-2014, 09:38 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 05roadsterguy
Well, I don't know about duped. The hood and windshield surround should have been very obvious when you purchased your car. The Rims are bent, and that seems to be a common thing as the cars have aged ( In my perception ). There are many sets of rims for sale here, or you could invest in a sweet set of Mandrus Millenniums or some other bling to suit your nature.

The windshield surround just pops off, you can find the instruction with a basic search. Buy some Chromed ones or paint it to suit your flavor.

That hood picture is almost unviewable. It looks like it was waxed in direct sunlight, coated with pollen and then the picture was shot with a Polaroid 2 minutes before dusk.
I cannot tell whats wrong with it from that shot. Perhaps just take some scratchX to it and rewax?

OH now I see that's the Roof of a convertible, not the hood. Disregard my waxing theory.

Other than the rims, and a possible repaint on the hood ( I have no idea ) Waxing and repainting or buying some new surrounds are cheap and easy.

Sorry if I misunderstood your issues Sir.

That is the hood, he's from Derby. They call our hood the bonnet.