Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

NEW Fog Light housings, LED based. Who would want this to happen?

Old 08-26-2015, 08:07 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: NEW Fog Light housings, LED based. Who would want this to happen?

Let Greg or I email Matt and ask real quick lol

Old 10-19-2015, 09:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are they only looking at options to mod existing fl housings or is there a work around for those of us that don't have fogs but don't want to pay the 200-450 a piece for factory ones?

Old 10-19-2015, 11:08 PM
Forum Regular

So far, Matt has gotten back to me with a working model that basically fits inside the factory housings without much effort. The pair for those would cost about 180/200, which isn't bad. Though it requires you have 2 busted housings at least to be able to mount them.

Old 10-20-2015, 06:16 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrian_X
So far, Matt has gotten back to me with a working model that basically fits inside the factory housings without much effort. The pair for those would cost about 180/200, which isn't bad. Though it requires you have 2 busted housings at least to be able to mount them.
Housings? It is the glass that breaks, is it broken glass that you mean?

Old 10-21-2015, 12:05 AM
Forum Regular

Yup, if you have broken glass, you can retrofit the new LED units into the housings and keep going with better lights than before.

Old 10-21-2015, 01:02 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrian_X
Yup, if you have broken glass, you can retrofit the new LED units into the housings and keep going with better lights than before.
I guess the market value of my busted lens housings just went up.. LOL

Might have to work a trade.. unless you really do see yourself busting the lens out of the one that isn't broke.

Old 10-21-2015, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
I guess the market value of my busted lens housings just went up.. LOL

Might have to work a trade.. unless you really do see yourself busting the lens out of the one that isn't broke.
You and me both, big investment in units with broken glass on the horizon.
My unused units have doubled in price, we could have made a fortune buying Crossfire parts a few years back.

Old 10-28-2015, 09:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: NEW Fog Light housings, LED based. Who would want this to happen?

My passenger side lens was broken on 2005 coupe, wanted to replace, very expensive, even used if you can find-- at dealer they said bothe sides need to be replaced as metal disc in front of bulb breaks off-- so even more money.

I pulled mine out, easier if you remove the wheel. Got the housing out, removed broken lens and bulk mount/assembly.

I then went looking for aftemarket- found round LED lights that will fit into housing, fixed passenger side. Works great, brighter than before.

Drivers side I want to replace, but do not want to destroy existing.

Any idea where I can fins a "broken" lens fog light assembly for driver's side to modify??

Let me know. e-mail is treyleblanc@hotmail.com.

Old 10-28-2015, 10:42 AM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by treyleblanc
- found round LED lights that will fit into housing, fixed passenger side. Works great, brighter than before.
treyleblanc@hotmail.com.

Trey,

You have any pics? Did you use this one discussed from TRS or did you just find something existing that worked? How difficult was it to remove the broken glass? I have a broken driver side and want to go with LED replacements. I already have HID lows and LED brows. I really like the LED solution and may consider them for my highs.

Others, When will these TRS lights be available and at what cost?

Old 10-28-2015, 11:22 AM
Forum Regular

Anybody look into/know anything about these?
Chrysler Crossfire Xenon Fog Lights - Blinglights
These also look like they can be used when OEM fogs were not installed - based on the description.

Last edited by eruby; 10-28-2015 at 11:42 AM. Reason: added info.
Old 10-28-2015, 02:48 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

I sent them this email :
looking at your Crossfire foglights. is the $99 for just one, or for the pair ? do they come with a housing that fits the OEM bumper cover openings ?

Old 10-28-2015, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
I sent them this email :
I realize the anticipation of a return email is probably more than you can stand.. so in an effort to help I will answer half of that..

This listing includes a complete fog lamp kit for use on the model listed on both sides without the factory fog lamps or as a replacement for existing factory fog lamps.

Old 10-28-2015, 03:12 PM

I realize the anticipation of a return email is probably more than you can stand.. so in an effort to help I will answer half of that..

This listing includes a complete fog lamp kit for use on the model listed on both sides without the factory fog lamps or as a replacement for existing factory fog lamps.

Yea Greg, but that don't mean you will not have a round light in a non-round hole in the bumper cover ......

Old 10-28-2015, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
Yea Greg, but that don't mean you will not have a round light in a non-round hole in the bumper cover ......
If you click on "more images".. you will see it is a 3 1/2" round light assembly.. so the answer is "yes".. you get a round light in a square hole..

Now if you had the fog light "blanks" ... you could come out with a decent setup. But from what I've seen.. people are fairly proud of the blanks..

Old 10-28-2015, 05:42 PM
Forum Regular

OK then I'm more interested in the TRS solution. I'd like for this to be as stock looking as possible without spending $300. I also do not like the extra 10,000K blue parking light on the Blinklights. I know I could just not wire it but I will still see it. Does anyone have pics of what TRS is proposing? It appears they will be taking the stock housing, removing the reflector and such from inside and replacing it with their light. How does the finished product look like? It's still a round light in a square hole, no?

Last edited by eruby; 10-28-2015 at 05:44 PM.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:54 PM

They responded to my inquiry, there are only metal brackets for mounting the lights, no 'holder' designed to fit our openings.

Old 10-28-2015, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by eruby
OK then I'm more interested in the TRS solution. I'd like for this to be as stock looking as possible without spending $300. I also do not like the extra 10,000K blue parking light on the Blinklights. I know I could just not wire it but I will still see it. Does anyone have pics of what TRS is proposing? It appears they will be taking the stock housing, removing the reflector and such from inside and replacing it with their light. How does the finished product look like? It's still a round light in a square hole, no?
This was the insight I was given on them from sending my good set to them..

We have a prototype of the housing that will fit in here. It will still require a bit of modding to make it work, wont bolt on directly - but the size is perfect to go inside the existing housing in front of the current reflector

Old 10-28-2015, 10:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this sounds very interesting

Old 10-29-2015, 08:24 AM
Forum Regular

- but the size is perfect to go inside the existing housing in front of the current reflector

In looking at our existing fogs, it does appear it is a round light (reflector & bulb area) in a housing that matches the non-round opening. The non-round glass area is flush with the outside surface and the round area is set back several inches. I could see possibly mounting a round fog to the back of the housing. The glass would be back at the round hole not flush with the outside surface. Is that what TRS is talking about or are they talking about glass flush with the front surface? Would still like to see some pics.

Old 10-29-2015, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by eruby
In looking at our existing fogs, it does appear it is a round light (reflector & bulb area) in a housing that matches the non-round opening. The non-round glass area is flush with the outside surface and the round area is set back several inches. I could see possibly mounting a round fog to the back of the housing. The glass would be back at the round hole not flush with the outside surface. Is that what TRS is talking about or are they talking about glass flush with the front surface? Would still like to see some pics.
The light needs the front to be flush with the bumper and the front of the light to seal the unit closed. Otherwise the dirt that will get in there will eventually ruin the light.
Obviously this front part will be all clear or mostly all clear for the light, so the front will have the new LED lens flush to a plate that fits the opening or back behind and fully enclosed in a housing. The light should also be adjustable.
Is it possible to use the blank covers to be modified? Are they strong enough to can they carry the weight of the new light unit?

Quick Reply: NEW Fog Light housings, LED based. Who would want this to happen?