Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Dash instrument lights dead

Old 12-06-2018, 10:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Dash instrument lights dead

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
Are these the ones that will not trip the lamp out idiot light on the dash pod? Plus, they are 2 bucks more than the link I posted that ARE lamp out "OK" (meaning not supposed to trip that 'lamp out' dash pod light).

The description says, "NO ERROR"; I assume that means they will not trip the 'lamp out' light. I do not have the lights and have not tested them to see if they do or don't trip the 'lamp out' light. If you're not sure of this, you should ask the seller what is meant by "NO ERROR".

Old 12-06-2018, 08:31 PM
Received 374 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80

If you read all of the ad for the first lamp that sells for less than $10 that you first listed you will see that you get two light units. Go to the very bottom of the listing and it definitely states two.
I’ll let you know for sure as I ordered them.
I saw that Dave, my question was for the second listing. I knew that first listing had two in the auction. Am thinking of getting a set for the rear deck hatch (inside).

Originally Posted by ambidextrous
The description says, "NO ERROR"; I assume that means they will not trip the 'lamp out' light. I do not have the lights and have not tested them to see if they do or don't trip the 'lamp out' light. If you're not sure of this, you should ask the seller what is meant by "NO ERROR".
Good catch, yeah everyone will have to ask if 'no error' means will not trip the bulb out dash pod lamp. Still point out they cost 2 bucks more though.

Old 12-06-2018, 09:46 PM

Hopefully, someone reading this thread will ask that question and Shar the answer with us. I think the question should start with, "What is the meaning..." instead of "Does 'NO ERROR' mean...". The latter question is too easy to answer with, "Yes". I have had occasional difficulties communicating with sellers whose primary language is Cantonese or Mandarin.

Old 12-06-2018, 10:26 PM
Received 540 Likes on 456 Posts

I think that no matter the price they are the same basic part. I have purchased them before, $10 and I got two. I used them in the trunk, so no clue if they would set the error code light but these parts were used for some years here and not one word of a problem with them.

Old 02-08-2020, 09:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know the 2 watt & the 1.5 watt bulb type for the instrument panel? Led match?

Fildo Dog

Old 06-11-2020, 09:54 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Fildo Dog
Anyone know the 2 watt & the 1.5 watt bulb type for the instrument panel? Led match?

Fildo Dog
Ok, strange problem just occurred, went to start the xfire (9:50pm est) to move car from front lawn to driveway and I turned the headlights on and instrument cluster is dim, I turn to the European light and nothing comes on including the instrument cluster. WTH...

Old 06-12-2020, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by mariontr
Ok, strange problem just occurred, went to start the xfire (9:50pm est) to move car from front lawn to driveway and I turned the headlights on and instrument cluster is dim, I turn to the European light and nothing comes on including the instrument cluster. WTH...
What's a European light?

Old 06-12-2020, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by ambidextrous
What's a European light?
It is when you turn the switch to the left.

Old 06-12-2020, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by mariontr
It is when you turn the switch to the left.
Problem resolved, seems my mechanic when he was fiddling with the TPMS, touch the **** by the odometer and dim the instrument cluster lights mine you now since the COVID, we have not driven at night and would not have noticed it in the daytime. Whew, what a relief as I thought the bulb had gone out in the instrument cluster.