General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

bullrun: rally race invades reality tv...

Old 03-09-2007, 11:30 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Thumbs up bullrun: rally race invades reality tv...

tuesday on spike tv @ 10 pm (et) 3-13-07...

Bullrun: Rally Race Invades Reality TV

Twelve teams, 4,000 miles, one big payday.
by Marty Padgett (2007-03-08)

Bullrun 2007

Everything's going smoothly in the first ten minutes of SpikeTV's new car-rally reality show Bullrun. Twelve teams blast out of Whitefish, Montana, two by two, piloting a range of cars from a 1957 Chevy to a riced-out Honda Civic. They have six and a half hours to get to Athol, Idaho, by interstate or by a route of their own choice.

And like any good reality show worth a barbecued rat, it all starts to break down in minute eleven. The Lamborghini Murcielago's sixth gear starts to slip. Alliances are forming. The first police stop puts a team more than a half-hour off the pace. And two grown men resort to a tampon to plug a leak.

It's a real challenge - navigation, competition, elimination-one based on the real Bullrun rally, where high-dollar, invitation-only "petrosexuals" compete for the thrill of winning. Airing on Tuesdays at 10 p.m. on SpikeTV, starting March 13, Bullrun will finish in Mexico after 4,000 miles, 12,658 gallons of fuel, and one checkered flag worth $200,000.

Add in enough explosions, flag-waving hotties and lots of cussing, and it could be the best car show ever. And that's for one reason, barks the host.

"Well…because I'm hosting it," Bill Goldberg crows. The mountainous football and wrestling star turned actor (The Longest Yard) laughs about his own edgy presence on the show, calling contestants "morons" and willingly admitting his own wife, a stunt driver, is better behind the wheel than him. But he points to the contestants for making the show an hour worth TiVoing, even for Speed Channel addicts.

"We got a great group of contestants with some killer cars," Goldberg says. "They have the skill to be able to fix 'em if they break down. And the confrontations between teammates both within one team and against other teams are cool. You can't stage that kind of stuff."

Old 03-10-2007, 12:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: bullrun: rally race invades reality tv...

One of the things before I die...be in a Bullrun or Gumball 3000. :fingerscrossed:

Old 03-10-2007, 01:27 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just want to see some lunatic out run a Crown Vic in his Crossfire. Now that would be sweet!

Old 03-10-2007, 01:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure it can but a Crossfire in a Bullrun or Gumball is nothing special you need some crazy *** cars and crazy *** people.