General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

how do you put a price on your back???

Old 11-08-2008, 09:40 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question how do you put a price on your back???

On 9/15/08, I was rear-ended in a '97 cobra by a '03 f150 4 door 4x4. Speed of inpact I was at a red light, and he was going around 50. I'm still having problems with my back, even with meds, and PT. The guy that hit me was hispanic, refused to speak english, drunk, and NO INSURANCE. So When it comes time to settle with my insurance company, what should I ask for, or expect to be offered. I have a back up plan, if they won't give me a fair amount. But really How do you put a price on your back? I have never had neck or back problems before, and I'm an adrenaline junky. And an '07 blue zx14, sitting in my garage, but I don't feel as comfortable on it now after the accident. Riding position is fine, it's the wind, and the reality of how small you actually are. So it has been a life changing event, and I don't want to get screwed, in the long run. Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks, Chris

Old 11-08-2008, 10:19 AM
Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
Default Re: how do you put a price on your back???

you almost wrote mine reply for me wonder was it the same guy, we know he left town and noone can find him.
Originally Posted by 07bluezx14
On 9/15/08, I was rear-ended in a '97 cobra by a '03 f150 4 door 4x4. Speed of inpact I was at a red light, and he was going around 50. I'm still having problems with my back, even with meds, and PT. The guy that hit me was hispanic, refused to speak english, drunk, and NO INSURANCE. So When it comes time to settle with my insurance company, what should I ask for, or expect to be offered. I have a back up plan, if they won't give me a fair amount. But really How do you put a price on your back? I have never had neck or back problems before, and I'm an adrenaline junky. And an '07 blue zx14, sitting in my garage, but I don't feel as comfortable on it now after the accident. Riding position is fine, it's the wind, and the reality of how small you actually are. So it has been a life changing event, and I don't want to get screwed, in the long run. Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks, Chris
on 05/05/08 My son and I was rearended in a his 1999 Tacoma prerunner by a ford ranger, speed of inpact was 40 to 50 mph, We too were at a red light he too was hispanic and would not speak english, until his brother-in-law showed up, he too was drunk and no insurance or lic. it was suspended, his wife owned the vehicle, my insurance paid my son and i doctor bills being we weren't hurt, (i stayed with our truck my som had a stiff neck so he went with rescue, the drunked's wife's insurance paid us 500 ea. a lawyer called (a few or them) and said we should sue we can get 10 to 30,000 out of this. we didn't and the truck will never be the same, the insuranc totaled our truck but i said no we just put a new engine in it 2 months ago, we took the money they gave us to repair the truck and fixed it ourselves. good luck sorry you were hurt finf a good lawyer not one that follows you home. jim

Old 11-08-2008, 02:30 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow, so sorry for your situation. You definitely need to get a good lawyer. And not one of those late night TV personal injury ambulance chasers. Work with your insurance on this.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:32 AM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Really sorry to here about that. I hope you get some satisfaction. This crap happens many times every day. You will never see a dime from the illegal alien. All his money has been sent back to Mexico. When he goes to court for his DUI YOUR tax dollars will pay for his defense. Our govt. will do nothing about it. Thankfully your still here to tell your story. Illegal aliens have killed many people in similar crashes.
Sorry for the rant, but this is out of control and our govt. does NOT care. Good luck.

Old 11-09-2008, 11:14 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CALL911
Really sorry to here about that. I hope you get some satisfaction. This crap happens many times every day. You will never see a dime from the illegal alien. All his money has been sent back to Mexico. When he goes to court for his DUI YOUR tax dollars will pay for his defense. Our govt. will do nothing about it. Thankfully your still here to tell your story. Illegal aliens have killed many people in similar crashes.
Sorry for the rant, but this is out of control and our govt. does NOT care. Good luck.

You're being very optimistic that the illegal(s) will even show up for court.

It's definately a horrible situation to have to deal with and I hope it comes to an acceptable end. I'm not even gonna mention how I would "hypathetically" react if I was in the OP's shoes.

Old 11-09-2008, 02:23 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You almost can't help but feel a little hatred, after an event like this. I was raised differently, but just seeing the growth of immigrants, is crazy, and the fact that they get tax breaks, and can't even speak the language. This country is definately on the wrong track. I apologize if this offends anyone, but if you keep insurance current, and pay you taxes your good with me. chris

there are always exceptions though!!! well see what the lawyer has to say tuesday.

Last edited by 07bluezx14; 11-09-2008 at 02:27 PM.