General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

God Bless America!!!

Old 09-04-2010, 08:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default God Bless America!!!

Forgive me for stepping on RED CROSS, but an amazing thing happened to me today for no reason I can think of. I stopped in a Texas Roadhouse for Lunch on the way home from San Antonio. I was alone and was seated in a booth for 2 in the back. I ordered my lunch and a tall Dos Equis Draft and several couples were brought in and seated. A young couple with a very young baby were seated across the aisle from me.
The meal I ordered was split for takeout for later, and being a slow eater the couple across from me ordered their meal and finished before I did. As they were leaving I complimented the young woman on what a beautiful well behaved contented baby she had, and that the baby had not made a single peep during the whole time she was there. She smiled at me and said thank you.
A few minutes later I was done and signalled the waitress I was ready for the check. She came over and said it's been taken care of. I was struck dumb for a moment and asked who? why? I didn't kow anyone there. She replied the young couple that just left that were seated across from you took care of it and told me not to say anything until after they were gone.
I have no idea who they were or why they did such a kind act except possibly because I was wearing my VFW LIFE MEMBER ball cap. Regardless of who or why, God Bless you and you have restored my faith in America and GOD BLESS AMERICA, I could hear Kate Smith singing in the backgound of my mind.

John R. Penz
FTroopChief

Old 09-04-2010, 08:35 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: God Bless America!!!!

Good things happen to good people John. And this gesture was well deserved.

Old 09-05-2010, 12:06 AM
Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts

I've done the same thing to people before John.

Trust me, you deserved it.

Old 09-05-2010, 12:09 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I'll echo the sentiments of the other two. Too many people forget the sacrifices made by our veterans and active military.

God bless you sir.