General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

Why is this on our site?

Old 09-09-2010, 07:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Why is this on our site?

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
Really? Try paying up, forum regular, then you would not have to see these ads that apparently bother you so much.

You obviously spend time here, so help Julian take the ads off the site by actually supporting it rather than just bitching.
Is it your opinion that only those who contribute "Forum Super Sponsers" have the right to an opinion? Is that why sponcership is posted so that the rest of us know to be quiet when you attack becuase only your comments count? I have noted some of the more mouthy and strongly opinionative members are quick to slam basic comments and appear to be driving members off the site. I suppose this is why very few contribute? I remains my opinion that a true car enthusiast would not allow this product to be listed on his site.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:12 PM
Received 538 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by BLACKSRT-6
Is it your opinion that only those who contribute "Forum Super Sponsers" have the right to an opinion? Is that why sponcership is posted so that the rest of us know to be quiet when you attack becuase only your comments count? I have noted some of the more mouthy and strongly opinionative members are quick to slam basic comments and appear to be driving members off the site. I suppose this is why very few contribute? I remains my opinion that a true car enthusiast would not allow this product to be listed on his site.
While the OWNER of this site has a fine taste in cars, I do not think anyone can assume he is a particularly " true enthusiast" I'm not sure he even owns a Crossfire any more.
So please how about you be a little more polite and not tell him how to run his business.

We all like it here and he is kind enough to maintain it for our enjoyment.

There are other Crossie sites.The free ones have nothing like the comraderie here and the only other one worth visiting costs money to join. While CICCI is worth every penny, it hasn't the membership size and loyalty of this Forum.

You are welcome to PM MightyJLR and vent but please don't kick the bear.
We like it just as it is.

Just my humble opinion.

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 09-09-2010 at 09:16 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:26 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Old 09-09-2010, 10:08 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BLACKSRT-6
This is twice in this thread that you have taken someones comment totally out of context and blasted a rebuttal without know what the **** you are talking about. His comment was that if you clicked the "Click here to get rid of these ads", you would have found the following information:

Forum Sponsor - $20/yr
  • You are designated a Forum Sponsor
  • Your username is made bold
  • Your private message storage is increased and you can message 10 members at a time instead of 5
  • All advertisements are removed from the site
If you cannot understand the detailed explanation I gave earlier, then I doubt that you will ever get it.
I think you need to chill out and enjoy what is given to you for free or go somewhere else. JMO!

Last edited by bmorgan; 09-09-2010 at 10:10 PM.