General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

9/11 Fallen Deputy Memorial Ceremony Video

Old 09-15-2010, 06:55 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 9/11 Fallen Deputy Memorial Ceremony Video

Hello all,

Just thought I'd share this with you. On this year's anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, my department held a memorial ceremony to honor the 10 deputies that have given thair lives in the history of the Marion County Sheriff's Department in Indianapolis, Indiana. The video is a bit long, but it is an very fitting ceremony and as a member of the MCSD Honor Guard I was lucky enough to be able to participate in this ceremony.

MCSD 9/11 Fallen Deputy Memorial Ceremony

I was in charge of leading the color guard for the ceremony that enters in at about 18:00, I'm the one in the middle carrying the Indiana flag.

I realize it would have been more timely to post this video on 9/11, but the news agency that produced the video didn't finish it until yesterday.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:50 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: 9/11 Fallen Deputy Memorial Ceremony Video

Originally Posted by No_Dominion
Hello all,

Just thought I'd share this with you. On this year's anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, my department held a memorial ceremony to honor the 10 deputies that have given thair lives in the history of the Marion County Sheriff's Department in Indianapolis, Indiana. The video is a bit long, but it is an very fitting ceremony and as a member of the MCSD Honor Guard I was lucky enough to be able to participate in this ceremony.

MCSD 9/11 Fallen Deputy Memorial Ceremony

I was in charge of leading the color guard for the ceremony that enters in at about 18:00, I'm the one in the middle carrying the Indiana flag.

I realize it would have been more timely to post this video on 9/11, but the news agency that produced the video didn't finish it until yesterday.
nice tribute.....

Old 09-15-2010, 10:17 PM
Forum Regular

We definitely put some time and effort into trying to make it the best it could possibly be. It's a shame, though, the regular news media didn't even bother to show up to cover the event. If it isn't negative, the Indy news just doesn't care...

Old 09-16-2010, 04:17 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you ever get down to Maryland there is a very beautiful "Fallen Firefighter's" memorial in Emmittsburg. A large section of it is dedicated to 9/11. We visited on the way back from Carlisle this year. My son is an EMT/Firefighter and I was pretty touched by the place.

Old 09-16-2010, 04:20 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by patpur
If you ever get down to Maryland there is a very beautiful "Fallen Firefighter's" memorial in Emmittsburg. A large section of it is dedicated to 9/11. We visited on the way back from Carlisle this year. My son is an EMT/Firefighter and I was pretty touched by the place.
The eastern seaboard is one of the last areas of the country that I have yet to explore, I'll definitely put it on my list for when I make it out that way. Hopefully next fall when I attend the Dragon I'll be able to swing by.

Old 09-16-2010, 04:30 PM

yeah I know...Bisard is my ex-nephew....he was a troubled kid when his Dad married my sister. My nephew, his step brother is a pain in the behind. I would like to jail him again...lol....anyway, it's this type of news they like. Great tribute...I use to be around some of the guys down there in my younger days, like the McAtees...Brett, usually leads the bikes downtown on the 9/11 ride, which I didn't do this year...I can't remember all the names, Taylor, and others on the bikes...but, they use to take care of the old Doc getting into the track and such...just had to find where they were leading someone in...lol...great bunch of guys in the old days....

Old 09-16-2010, 04:44 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
yeah I know...Bisard is my ex-nephew....he was a troubled kid when his Dad married my sister. My nephew, his step brother is a pain in the behind. I would like to jail him again...lol....anyway, it's this type of news they like. Great tribute...I use to be around some of the guys down there in my younger days, like the McAtees...Brett, usually leads the bikes downtown on the 9/11 ride, which I didn't do this year...I can't remember all the names, Taylor, and others on the bikes...but, they use to take care of the old Doc getting into the track and such...just had to find where they were leading someone in...lol...great bunch of guys in the old days....
Bisard.... Can't go anywhere without hearing his name anymore, it's crazy. I can't wait until the news find something or someone else to latch on to. It's been a bad summer to be a LEO in Indy...

Old 09-16-2010, 04:46 PM

Bisard.... Can't go anywhere without hearing his name anymore, it's crazy. I can't wait until the news find something or someone else to latch on to. It's been a bad summer to be a LEO in Indy...
Small world huh? His Dad is an ex-HCSO...I honestly never had a problem with the kid, but he had issues...and yes, it is one of those years...

Old 09-16-2010, 04:48 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Small world huh? His Dad is an ex-HCSO...I honestly never had a problem with the kid, but he had issues...and yes, it is one of those years...
Law enforcement is definitely a small community. Hopefully next year will be better.

Old 09-16-2010, 05:07 PM

Law enforcement is definitely a small community. Hopefully next year will be better.
Well, the neighborhoods, the lack of education, lack of parental control, lack of respect....and the list goes on....it isn't going to get better until society gets better...but, we do what we do for the service...people who serve are rare...and getting fewer and fewer....even the guys that are on my old dept here in Cicero, aren't the same service oriented people...they don't patrol, or reach out to the community as we did...but, time will tell, if we all wake up in time...