General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

Serious illness

Old 08-18-2011, 09:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Serious illness

I am not sure if I am posting this in proper forum. i am really not good with with stuff. I will need to sell my black on black roadster soon, it has 39000 miles base with black leather interior. It is located in Rochester N.y. and in excellent condition. My main reason for this posts with help selling car since I will be going on disability. I have just been diagnosed with lung and hip bone cancer and am starting treatment. I know I am a stranger to most of you good people. but I would please appreciate it if you would keep myself and my family in your prayers tonight and at church. I am very frightened, but believe in the power of prayer. God Bless: John

Old 08-18-2011, 09:20 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Serious illness

You and your family will be in my family's thoughts and prayers. Good luck with your treatment and I wish you the best.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:25 PM
Administrator
Received 889 Likes on 693 Posts

If I was in the market for another car... I keep saying that mine wont' be the last Crossfire I own - but I'm not even to 60,000 miles yet, so it's not time now.

I will keep you in my prayers - and I DO pray. I find that my prayers for others seem to accomplish more than my prayers for me.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:35 PM

I'm sure you certainly have everyone's best wishes directed to you and your family. Fear for something like this is nothing to be ashamed of and all I can offer is something that was passed on to me years ago. I don't know that it is truly from the source indicated but it doesn't matter...hopefully it helps you put it in perspective

Prayer

I asked God for strength, that I might achieve,
I was made weak, that I might learn humbly to obey.
I asked for health, that I might do greater things,
I was given infirmity that I might do better things.
I asked for riches, that I might be happy,
I was given poverty, that I might be wise.
I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men,
I was given weakness, that I might feel the need of God
I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life,
I was given life, that I might enjoy all things.
I got nothing that I asked for - but everything I had hoped for.
Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.
I am among all men, most richly blessed.

By An Unknown Confederate Soldier

Old 08-18-2011, 09:50 PM
Received 517 Likes on 356 Posts

Originally Posted by roctech
I am not sure if I am posting this in proper forum. i am really not good with with stuff. I will need to sell my black on black roadster soon, it has 39000 miles base with black leather interior. It is located in Rochester N.y. and in excellent condition. My main reason for this posts with help selling car since I will be going on disability. I have just been diagnosed with lung and hip bone cancer and am starting treatment. I know I am a stranger to most of you good people. but I would please appreciate it if you would keep myself and my family in your prayers tonight and at church. I am very frightened, but believe in the power of prayer. God Bless: John
You have ours sir.
Yes this is the proper Forum. Rest assured you do have friends here.

roadster with a stick

Old 08-18-2011, 11:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Being a cancer survivor myself I can tell you the power of prayer really does work. When I was 8 years old I was diagnosed with stomach cancer. After major surgery they thought they got it all. A year later it was back and this time it was terminal so they started chemotherapy and radiation. After months of treatments things were getting worse and the doctors told my parents I wouldn't live to see my 11th birthday that I had only about a week to 10 days to live. Well to make a long story short Faith proved them wrong and here I am today 37 years later. God will help you and your family get through the pain and fear you face. You can beat this and I have Faith you will. God bless you and you family.

Last edited by robby363; 08-18-2011 at 11:20 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:11 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by robby363
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Being a cancer survivor myself I can tell you the power of prayer really does work. When I was 8 years old I was diagnosed with stomach cancer. After major surgery they thought they got it all. A year later it was back and this time it was terminal so they started chemotherapy and radiation. After months of treatments things were getting worse and the doctors told my parents wouldn't live to see my 11th birthday that I had only about a week to 10 days to live. Well to make a long story short Faith proved them wrong and here I am today 37 years later. God will help you and your family get through the pain and fear you face. You can beat this and I have Faith you will. God bless you and you family.
Amazing testimony.

Roctech, you have my prayers as well sir.

Old 08-19-2011, 02:39 AM

So sorry to hear about your illness. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:10 AM
Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts

hang in there,, I had colon cancer 6 years ago and now i am cancer free,, you can also be cancer free ,,, prayers will be with you , jim

Old 08-19-2011, 07:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

John, as a fellow Rochesterian, grew up there, we have two connections. My prayers will be for you as you go through your darker times. We're all here for you. If you ever feel the need to talk please feel free always to PM . Always. May God hold you gently in the palm of His hand. Best wishes Brother. Mark

Old 08-19-2011, 09:03 AM
PNA

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
If I was in the market for another car... I keep saying that mine wont' be the last Crossfire I own - but I'm not even to 60,000 miles yet, so it's not time now.

I will keep you in my prayers - and I DO pray. I find that my prayers for others seem to accomplish more than my prayers for me.
I will certainly keep you in my prayers as well.

I recently saw a wonderful slideshow on prayers. The resulting message was that the power of pray is not for oneself, but for others and from others.

I know there are many faithful members on the forum and even though I know very few of you other than through the forum portal, it's amazing how many people reach out to others with prayer and kindnest.

As others have noted, my prayers are with all of you in need.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:50 AM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Roctech, we are very sorry to hear about your illness. My wife and I will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Blessings.

Last edited by TiredRetired; 08-19-2011 at 09:52 AM.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:57 AM
Forum Regular

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Old 08-19-2011, 06:52 PM
Forum Regular

Our prayers are with you for strength and determination to push thru this challenge.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sorry to hear the news, I wish you the best of luck with the sale and especially with your health.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

Old 08-19-2011, 11:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

John,

I am sorry to learn that you are facing some scary times. I believe I am alive mainly due to the prayers of others. You and your family will be in my prayers now.

Michael

Old 08-22-2011, 12:34 PM

Best of luck. Cancer is scary but some people do survive. I did. Fight the good fight.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:41 PM
Forum Regular

Good luck with the sale. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

Old 08-22-2011, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by robby363
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Being a cancer survivor myself I can tell you the power of prayer really does work. When I was 8 years old I was diagnosed with stomach cancer. After major surgery they thought they got it all. A year later it was back and this time it was terminal so they started chemotherapy and radiation. After months of treatments things were getting worse and the doctors told my parents I wouldn't live to see my 11th birthday that I had only about a week to 10 days to live. Well to make a long story short Faith proved them wrong and here I am today 37 years later. God will help you and your family get through the pain and fear you face. You can beat this and I have Faith you will. God bless you and you family.
Very precisely put robby363 and thank you for sharing. Roctech, as a survivor I can truly attest to the message presented above. Your faith and willingness to share has already "confirmed" your "Survivor Status" with us. You have already given God the Glory so your Blessing is for you to receive RIGHT NOW! I stand beside you and your family and CLAIM your VICTORY and recuperation. Roctech I will look around for a buyer for you and post your vehicle info as many places as I can. Be well and chosen. Chas

Quick Reply: Serious illness