General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

Need some eyes near/in Plano, TX

Old 12-01-2011, 12:57 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Need some eyes near/in Plano, TX

Never too early to start looking for the replacement...

Edmunds True Market Value puts this one at $14,012

Used 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Limited (White Car) Dallas

Can someone do a preliminary inspection/test drive to make sure it's worth the plane ticket?

Many thanks in advance...

--John

Old 12-01-2011, 01:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Need some eyes near/in Plano, TX

I love that color combo, Very Sharp!

Old 12-01-2011, 09:42 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JHM2K
Never too early to start looking for the replacement...

Edmunds True Market Value puts this one at $14,012

Used 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Limited (White Car) Dallas

Can someone do a preliminary inspection/test drive to make sure it's worth the plane ticket?

Many thanks in advance...

--John
Sure, I'll go look at it and test drive it. Let me see when I can get away from the office today.

Old 12-01-2011, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
Sure, I'll go look at it and test drive it. Let me see when I can get away from the office today.
Thanks Dan!! I definitely trust your judgment as you're very particular about your cars.

If you get this message before you head out, be sure to look at the edges of the console and seats to see if there's any abnormal wear & tear, or if the wear is normal/negligible. I realize some will be present with 47K on the clock, biggest concern is scrapes/gouges etc in the leather and interior panels...

This looks to be a very nice dealership.

Again, thank you very much!

Old 12-01-2011, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by JHM2K
Thanks Dan!! I definitely trust your judgment as you're very particular about your cars.

If you get this message before you head out, be sure to look at the edges of the console and seats to see if there's any abnormal wear & tear, or if the wear is normal/negligible. I realize some will be present with 47K on the clock, biggest concern is scrapes/gouges etc in the leather and interior panels...

This looks to be a very nice dealership.

Again, thank you very much!
Yes I will John. I noticed in the photos that the wheels have some road rash and the white stearing wheel could have some wear. But I take you'll be changing those out so it won't really matter.

BTW, when I set out to first buy a roadster, that was the color combo I wanted before I decided to get the 6. So if it looks too good, look out. lol

Old 12-01-2011, 10:51 AM

Yes I will John. I noticed in the photos that the wheels have some road rash and the white stearing wheel could have some wear. But I take you'll be changing those out so it won't really matter.

BTW, when I set out to first buy a roadster, that was the color combo I wanted before I decided to get the 6. So if it looks too good, look out. lol
Very keen observations on the wheel (steering and road). And you're right, I will be changing those out. I will be sending my Startech wheel out to be recolored, and will be going with the slate color. Same for the airbag.

Biggest concerns are scrapes, and peeling around the console edges. Dirt isn't a major concern as Zaino leather cleaner does wonders.

As for wheels, I *think* my Mandrus wheels survived but that all depends on how careful the tow-truck driver was when he strapped the car to the flatbed. If he ran a come-along through the wheels, I'll be p!ssed as the wheels made it through the crash with nary a scratch.

If you buy this white one, promise to take me for a ride in it, k?

Old 12-01-2011, 03:15 PM

John, you're safe. I didn't buy it. You have a PM.

Old 12-01-2011, 04:27 PM

Many thanks Dan! You rock

Old 12-01-2011, 04:44 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interrior looks nice. Almost like it better than the black on black interrior. 6-speed too

Old 12-02-2011, 08:25 AM

That one's a really nice look car John. I like the interior with the alabaster outside.

Last edited by mdaniels4; 12-02-2011 at 09:01 AM.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:58 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Better tell them NOT to put their dealler tag on the nose!
She sure looks good from the photos.

Old 12-02-2011, 02:06 PM

So, after spending 30 minutes on the phone with Jeff @ the dealer today, it's clear they're not in a bargaining mood. Reason? They're not used to haggling over "a thousand here, a thousand there" as he put it, since they're a Porsche dealership. Cute...

I made it known that I was aware of the interior needing some TLC in a few areas, and he confirmed that they would touch-up the scratches on the glovebox and dash panel -- for a fee. I told him I would leave the scratches in place, and repair them on my own, for a discount on the price. But that wasn't happening either.

As for the price, he said "we're not in a position where we can have much wiggle-room in the pricing, it is what it is" -- BS

Edmund's TMV puts this at $14,000. He likely paid $11,000 for it. I told him I'd cut him a check for $14,500 and call it a day, and he smugly laughed off the offer as if I had thrown Monopoly money his direction.

Nonetheless, Dan (InfernoRed) is a champ and I owe you one for going out of your way to check on this. Not shocking, but our own forum family has better customer service than 99% of dealers.

Jeff told me to call him back next week and see if they still had it -- then they might bargain "if I'm lucky". I told him I'd be busy looking at the other fifteen roadsters just like it, closer to home.

Doubt we'll be sending each other Christmas cards, but he has my number in case they actually want to move it. That is, if I don't find another one.

With each passing day I get more peeved at the bum who hit me... I was totally happy in my last car. Now I get to do the whole process over again.

Old 12-02-2011, 03:15 PM

That's why if I ever have to replace mine I'll be buying it from a member unless I want a specific color combo and type. Otherwise I'm not too picky and would rather keep it in the family. Should have told him that I guess your uppity because if you sell it the average level of quality cars on your lot would have just gone down.

Old 12-02-2011, 03:32 PM

John, my trip today got cancelled. I'm glad I could help out but sorry things didn't work out for you. They didn't have many used cars on the lot and I got the impression a lady traded it in on a Porsche (very recently). The car was sitting on the front row closest to the street so it was very visible. Jeff really didn't know much about Crossfires. That was evident early in the conversation when he asked me if they were still making them. hahaha!

Let them sit on it awhile and then they'll budge on the price when it’s not moving. Winter is ahead and roadsters don’t sell well in the winter. And then you can come get it and drive to Houston to get that turbo.

Last edited by InfernoRedXfire; 12-02-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:48 PM

John, my trip today got cancelled. I'm glad I could help out but sorry things didn't work out for you. They didn't have many used cars on the lot and I got the impression a lady traded it in on a Porsche (very recently). The car was sitting on the front row closest to the street so it was very visible. Jeff really didn't know much about Crossfires. That was evident early in the conversation when he asked me if they were still making them. hahaha!

Let them sit on it awhile and then they'll budge on the price when it’s not moving. Winter is ahead and roadsters don’t sell well in the winter. And then you can some get it and drive to Houston to get that turbo.

No worries my friend. I'm in the habit of low-balling dealers... I work in the Nissan dealer service network, and I speak to regional managers and FOM's all day long. I know EXACTLY what dealerships have in the cars. Thus, I'm a real sumbeech to work with on the pricing. I'll smile and be courteous the whole time, but I'm not giving them retail. Fuhgheddaboutit.

Old 12-05-2011, 01:08 AM

So, over the weekend I got a few calls from Jeff.

Seems they agreed to move it for $15,000 OTD if I was willing to put down a deposit

I told him unless he was kosher with $14,500, I wouldn't make the trip. He said they would confer about it.

I might call him tomorrow and throw the $14.5K figure at him again.

I trust Dan's judgment, and it truly seems to be a clean car (top has been replaced, <50,000 miles, etc)

The few areas that need attention in the inside are negligible, and easily repairable. Same for the outside, a day spent with an orbital and Dr. Colorchip would make it good as new.

If they agree to my price, I'll likely throw down the $1,000 deposit to speak for it, then fly down this weekend.

Tomorrow I have some homework to do. There's a local SRT-6 roadster in graphite, dealer has been sitting on it for two months and won't budge from the $17,500 figure. I still say I can swipe it for $16,000

I must first call my insurance company and run the VIN of the white one and the VIN of the SRT by them for a quote, and see how they stack up. If it's close, the decision will be difficult. If the SRT is considerably more, I'll be heading to Dallas this weekend.