General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

v8 chevy swap

Old 03-01-2012, 11:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking v8 chevy swap

just finished the motor mounts.got $8000 in the motor and trans to hit 500 hp.not going to use the hydrolic stock mounts.running a turbo 350 chevy trans.proably going to up grade later to a TKO6 speed trans.got the interior done seats and carpet.now im fiberglassing new dash panel to house the new gauges ,hope to have it all done by 6-2012.upgraded brakes to 1) slotted ,crossdrilled R1 rotors 2) Akebono euro pads all around 3) SS braided brake lines from needswings. suspension is B&G springs with srt6 shocks.weight of the car is down to 2600 LBS.Changed the steering wheel to Grant motorsport.best part is the exhaust ,just some chevy 350 headers with 2 high flow cats with flowmasters.super 40's.trying to keep the car as low as possible with 18" all around.went TSW nourenbergs,think i spellt that wrong.getting the car wrap in the mail teusday ,its real easy to apply,allreddy vinyl wrapped the tal lights ,med smoke.anyone else getting crazy modded for the summer hit me back with any ideas.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:24 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: v8 chevy swap

Originally Posted by robertalive
just finished the motor mounts.got $8000 in the motor and trans to hit 500 hp.not going to use the hydrolic stock mounts.running a turbo 350 chevy trans.proably going to up grade later to a TKO6 speed trans.got the interior done seats and carpet.now im fiberglassing new dash panel to house the new gauges ,hope to have it all done by 6-2012.upgraded brakes to 1) slotted ,crossdrilled R1 rotors 2) Akebono euro pads all around 3) SS braided brake lines from needswings. suspension is B&G springs with srt6 shocks.weight of the car is down to 2600 LBS.Changed the steering wheel to Grant motorsport.best part is the exhaust ,just some chevy 350 headers with 2 high flow cats with flowmasters.super 40's.trying to keep the car as low as possible with 18" all around.went TSW nourenbergs,think i spellt that wrong.getting the car wrap in the mail teusday ,its real easy to apply,allreddy vinyl wrapped the tal lights ,med smoke.anyone else getting crazy modded for the summer hit me back with any ideas.
Do a search on:

Horsepower; Grenaded Rear end; Differential in 1000 pieces; spider gears?

Old 03-05-2012, 05:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice.. please tell me its not carbureted though . Just a heads up, there is no TKO 6 speed, they are 5 speeds. You need a t56 magnum if you want 6 gears. I agree with max though, the rear will not hold up. I'd look for a dana from a viper or vette. Maybe some frame reinforcement as well.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:31 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

If you are going to make a Chevy out of it, you had better do a narrowed 12 bolt chevy rearend as well. The rear end won't hold all that power... It is a fun build I am sure...but, it loses something to me... Just isn't the same as other conversion... I have seen Triumphs with Chevy small blocks, MG's etc.... just doesn't seem right ...lol...but have fun with it...but look into the rearend before you scatter the spider gears in it...

Old 03-06-2012, 08:53 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

Take a break and show us some pics! We like to see actual pics of the work being done.

Good luck with the project.

For the rear, couldn't he do an SRT6 with the Wavetrak?

Old 03-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by James1549
Take a break and show us some pics! We like to see actual pics of the work being done.
Good luck with the project.
For the rear, couldn't he do an SRT6 with the Wavetrak?
I was thinking the same thing James, but I guess some SRT6 drivers must think the Chebie small block must be more powerful than those 11.7 sec. Mercs.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:15 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Just isn't the same as other conversion... I have seen Triumphs with Chevy small blocks, MG's etc.... just doesn't seem right ...lol...but have fun with it...but look into the rearend before you scatter the spider gears in it...
Ya, I know what ya mean Doc. And those A.C. Bristol/Ford V8 swaps were just plain ridiculous.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:46 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

he would have just as much money in a wavetrac/srt6 diff that he could go with a narrowed 12 bolt chevy /driveshaft and all....since he is running a 350 series auto...
we did a Chevy Vega many years ago...so this kind of reminds me of that as far as wheelbase and all. Of course, the Vega weighed 1500lbs...lol...tubbed rear end... It was a street screamer... and a handful...

Last edited by oledoc2u; 03-07-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:35 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice! Did you put in a crate engine, LS1,LS2, or some other swap? I love it when peeps can put those motors into different cars. This one build is very interesting indeed. Can't wait to see the pics!

Old 03-08-2012, 11:28 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Subscribing...

Pictures whenever you get a chance

Old 03-17-2012, 07:16 PM

this is the engine have to take pics of the trans teusday.have pics of the engine bay i had to do a little trimming and grinding round the firewall,but no frame.changed the steering stabilizer while i was down there.the brakes are R1 concepts cross drilled slotted rotors,akebono pads,needswings ss brake lines,wilwood brake proportion valve.wrapping the car next weekend matte black will most def post pics.i was planning on taking it easy next month when i take it out so thatll give me time for the rear.any ideas are welcome for that.thank.i put shorty headers with flowtech spiral resonators ,high flow cats and am using flowmaster super 10,exhaust will end at the rear wheel.the tko was 2600 dollars so i went auto with a 2800 stall tci converter.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
eng1.jpg (45.7 KB, 78 views)
ctr-16-100t_w.jpg (8.7 KB, 45 views)
Old 03-17-2012, 07:25 PM

The engine is a L31 vortec 4 bolt main 1 piece rear main seal.RHS ported polished heads silicone covered pistons ,edelbrock rpm ,edelbrock 650 cfm carb,edelbrock air filter.high flow water pump ,600 hp chevy radiator,600hp turbo 350 trans,chevy driveshaft.i just figured with some srt 6 s hitting close to 500 hp that itd work without changing rear.gauge the power down till i do.lol.chevy mount bolt right on to stocks with ARP bolts.had to do a hood scoop from race composites to have the air filter fit.also used a Canto racing s10 oil pan.must have.threw a pic.got the overall weight down to 2600 with 2"lowerring srt6 shocks andwider rims and tires all around.TSW

Old 03-17-2012, 07:51 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Very interesting. Please document the process and upload the photos in your gallery. If you're not savvy, one of us will gladly insert them into this thread for you.

Subscribed!

Old 03-17-2012, 08:22 PM

Anthony is that 7.1 1/8 mile.i mean you never know nowwa days.saw an allmost new viper diff on e bay for 350.fellas.(pause)you guys think a bigger mercedes rear would fit(v8 merc or cl,s,sl).just the rear diff or the whole thing ,and reuse the N/A hubs.i would imagine the stock hubs could allways be machined without throwing them in to far.it was either this or a boxster STI motor.love carburated american since i assisted on a 65 mustung frame up,and a nova.wanted a 454 so bad for this ,my pants split. ON another note guys.i would love to.i mean love to see a MERCEDES SLS AMG full body kit or at least a front bumper buils.stock bumper with alot of drilled holes in it and a massive vaccume.(spellt that wrong)cars are twins,minus the front.hit me back

Old 03-17-2012, 08:46 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Anthony is that 7.1 1/8 mile.i mean you never know nowwa days.saw an allmost new viper diff on e bay for 350.fellas.(pause)you guys think a bigger mercedes rear would fit(v8 merc or cl,s,sl).just the rear diff or the whole thing ,and reuse the N/A hubs.i would imagine the stock hubs could allways be machined without throwing them in to far.it was either this or a boxster STI motor.love carburated american since i assisted on a 65 mustung frame up,and a nova.wanted a 454 so bad for this ,my pants split. ON another note guys.i would love to.i mean love to see a MERCEDES SLS AMG full body kit or at least a front bumper buils.stock bumper with alot of drilled holes in it and a massive vaccume.(spellt that wrong)cars are twins,minus the front.hit me back

The 7.1 run was in the 1/8th, but still no slouch for a 5K lb Brick.

Last edited by grip grip; 03-17-2012 at 08:48 PM.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:10 PM

7.1 is very fast. Everyone is ordered to enjoy Saint Patricks day by me .want the SLS full kit for crossfire to be made,right now .thats an order,and affirmative is all im accepting!at least the front.paid for the 1/32 rubber roll.$200 for 50 ft.various width.wrap the car with that its thicker than vinyl ,cheaper,stable to 30 below 0 and up to 225F.pure flat black.those pics are getting shot by FRi ,if the UPS hurries.you guys are motivating me to take more pics.cause once its done i cant take build pics.back to the rear.if i drive easy till the viper rear goes in i should be ok.i mean speed limit ,just enjoy the looks and sound but dont gun it hard for minute.

Old 03-17-2012, 09:13 PM

pic of allmost new viper rear.

Attached Images
Old 03-17-2012, 09:15 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to ask. Are you trying to sell like a like a payed for live streaming of naked time?

I ask because your username is Roberta Live. I'm trying to figure out where I need to put my credit card.

Old 03-17-2012, 09:21 PM

MAX.youre engine bay is immaculte.nice job.searching viper,corvette,sl,s,cl,maybe v8 clk.

Old 03-18-2012, 03:17 PM

all these pics are from the body work,build and chop phase a couple months back.shaved door handles are done ,spoiler is built,hood lines and gas cap sanded,and mirrors moved to the pillar.tinted the lights med smoke ,installed steering wheel,feul cell,shaved rear windows for pop out louvers.

Attached Images
18.jpg (38.7 KB, 77 views)
21.jpg (37.6 KB, 74 views)
67.jpg (41.5 KB, 69 views)
89.jpg (36.7 KB, 71 views)
97.jpg (41.6 KB, 76 views)
securedownload098.jpg (29.2 KB, 65 views)
-0.jpg (40.5 KB, 84 views)
34lp.jpg (35.3 KB, 75 views)

Quick Reply: v8 chevy swap