General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

love at first sight

Old 10-19-2020, 02:19 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: love at first sight

Great post Phil and yes, it's the Coupe that does it for me - you don't get that gorgeous look with the cabriolet. I can just sit in my garage and stare it my Coupe. The only downside to actually driving the car? You can't see it from the driver's seat! :-)

Old 10-19-2020, 09:10 AM
Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

well, but then you have the pleasure to drive it!
ah, that wonderful feeling!
a sports car.
how it drives, how it pulls when pressing the pedal, how handles the curves...that exhilarating sensation. like if you are in a roller coaster.
and then, getting in (should i say "squeezing in) and out, sitting on the floor, feeling all the bumps on the road...well, it is a sports car, isnt it? what did you expect?

Old 10-19-2020, 09:32 AM
Forum Regular
Received 206 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by phil alvirez
well, but then you have the pleasure to drive it!
ah, that wonderful feeling!
a sports car.
how it drives, how it pulls when pressing the pedal, how handles the curves...that exhilarating sensation. like if you are in a roller coaster.
and then, getting in (should i say "squeezing in) and out, sitting on the floor, feeling all the bumps on the road...well, it is a sports car, isnt it? what did you expect?

You hit all the high points, Phil, of what I love about sex. Enticed of course, by the pre ride antics......and not forgetting the afterglow.
...........owning a Crossfire is a lot like sex in a waterbed. So little to do except enjoy the ride.

Old 10-19-2020, 10:41 AM

but then again, even considering the age of some of us, we still can drive our crossies.....

Old 10-19-2020, 10:53 AM
Received 585 Likes on 488 Posts

but then again, even considering the age of some of us, we still can drive our crossies.....
Fortunately you do not need to swallow a little blue pill to do that at least..

Old 10-19-2020, 01:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeO
You hit all the high points, Phil, of what I love about sex. Enticed of course, by the pre ride antics......and not forgetting the afterglow.
...........owning a Crossfire is a lot like sex in a waterbed. So little to do except enjoy the ride.
Yikes Joe....cold shower?

eventually i got a riviera https://i.pinimg.com/originals/45/8a...cd5cf45747.jpg fast-est-back.
the most fantastic i ever had...to that day!
it even has that ridge at the top all the way to the tail...
I never noticed that ridge on the Riviera Phil......one of my favorite features on both cars. I remember the very first time I saw that Riviera in 1971 in Rochester, NY. It blew me away and a good friend of mine in Denver still owns a cherry version.

Old 01-30-2021, 02:26 AM

the irony is that, even being a great car, it had to fall into a situation that has made life of owners difficult.
a car designed by Stoddard/Dyson at chrysler, and developed at the moment when daimler purchased chrysler, it was daimler decision to make it in germany with mercedes components and body made-and assembled-by karmann, and sold by chrysler in america. problem was, chrysler did the worst service possible-and still does-and mercedes took revenge of the breaking of the deal by sabotaging chrysler by blocking sales of any part that the car uses that is sold by mercedes, hurting the users, that had nothing to do with all of that. it is hard to believe that you cant buy any mercedes part from a mercedes dealer, because they ask you for the VIN number even for the smallest part, and when you provide it and learn it is a crossfire, they dont sell it, and if you dont provide it, they dont sell it. it happened to me here and have heard the same from other owners.
the only way is to get it through the internet, from an european parts supplier. also for service, chrysler does the worst, by not doing it, or not fixing the problem, charging for diagnostic, and some times damaging other things that were fine. or fixing it, either way charging outrageous amounts. parts that you get elsewhere are 2 or 3 times that amount.
still, we are enjoying it, and with this forum we get advice that otherwise we would be stranded. so, keep driving and admiring it.

Last edited by phil alvirez; 01-30-2021 at 04:16 PM.
Old 01-30-2021, 06:30 AM
Received 149 Likes on 115 Posts

the irony is that, even being a great car, it had to fall into a situation that has made life of owners difficult.
a car designed by Goddard/Dyson at chrysler, and developed at the moment when daimler purchased chrysler, it was daimler decision to make it in germany with mercedes components and body made-and assembled-by karmann, and sold by chrysler in america. problem was, chrysler did the worst service possible-and still does-and mercedes took revenge of the breaking of the deal by sabotaging chrysler by blocking sales of any part that the car uses that is sold by mercedes, hurting the users, that had nothing to do with all of that. it is hard to believe that you cant buy any mercedes part from a mercedes dealer, because they ask you for the VIN number even for the smallest part, and when you provide it and learn it is a crossfire, they dont sell it, and if you dont provide it, they dont sell it.
the only way is to get it through the internet, from an european parts supplier. also for service, chrysler does the worst, by not doing it, or not fixing the problem, charging for diagnostic, and some times damaging other things that were fine. or fixing it, either way charging outrageous amounts. parts that you get elsewhere are 2 or 3 times that amount.
still, we are enjoying it, and with this forum we get advice that otherwise we would be stranded. so, keep driving and admiring it.
What a load of horse manure.

I’ve purchased several parts from MB For my XF. I’ve also had a considerable amount of success purchasing MB (branded) repackaged parts from the Chrysler dealer too. Given the 13-17 year age of these cars it’s surprising how many parts are still available. Phil I’m not sure where you live in Canada but I’ve never been turned away or informed that because its a chrysler, parts would be unavailable.

If you’re referring to SKREEM or key, yes there have been issues but I’m sorry, you stating that you’re not welcome at MB is just complete nonsense.

As to service, we all know to avoid going to the dealer for service. So I’m not sure why after hearing nothing but complaints related to Dealer service levels would entertain utilizing the services offered by a dealer.

lots of third party shops that can service your vehicle. Spend a little time looking for a shop in your area and stop worrying about what MB or Chrysler is doing to support these aging vehicles.

Old 01-30-2021, 02:13 PM
Administrator
Received 903 Likes on 704 Posts

a car designed by Goddard/Dyson at chrysler,
Stoddard/Dyson. Goddard was the rocket guy.

Old 01-30-2021, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
right. corrected the post. thanks.

Old 01-31-2021, 04:01 PM
Received 430 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by pizzaguy

Who knows, maybe Elon Musk will send a Crossfire into space? The latest Rocket Guy!!! He he he he he....

Old 02-02-2021, 02:48 AM

from previous post (48):" What a load of horse manure. "
it is hard to believe that some people just dont understand that what comes out of their mouth shows what is inside of them.

Last edited by phil alvirez; 02-02-2021 at 03:09 AM.
Old 02-02-2021, 06:19 AM
Received 149 Likes on 115 Posts

from previous post (48):" What a load of horse manure. "
it is hard to believe that some people just dont understand that what comes out of their mouth shows what is inside of them.
Truer words have never been said. I could not have said this better my self only I would have directed this right back at your comments
My goodness, much of what you do say is nonsense

The last time I commented on your post you had very strongly indicated that I was “on your ignore list” and yet here we are again. “You’re off my list”, I’m going to ignore you. Please just DO IT, please place me back onto your ignore list.

This is a forum and not your personal blog. it’s time to stop being the victim and grow up.

The following 2 users liked this post by UrbanE:
steve1189 (02-02-2021), WD40 (01-22-2022)
Old 01-20-2022, 03:09 PM

there is another car that was as eye catching as ours
https://www.supercars.net/blog/1954-...row-iii-sport/
what has in common is that has fire in its name too and you could fall in love at first sight too.
and is a chrysler too.

Last edited by phil alvirez; 01-20-2022 at 03:12 PM.
Old 01-20-2022, 04:36 PM
Forum Regular
Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Has the lines of both an early ('54-63) Mercedes 300SL coupe and a Volvo P 1800 Cyan. I like it !

Last edited by copperfieldkid; 01-20-2022 at 04:39 PM.
Old 01-20-2022, 05:24 PM
Received 368 Likes on 325 Posts

And maybe a Kharmen Ghia?

Old 01-21-2022, 12:31 AM

wonder why sometimes people ask if your crossie is a bentley...sure looks fantastic. but i still like ours better.

https://izmostock.photoshelter.com/i...I_gIoI-&GI_ID=

https://izmostock.photoshelter.com/i...pYlJwBAI_gIoI-

Last edited by phil alvirez; 01-21-2022 at 01:16 PM.
Old 01-22-2022, 09:16 AM

and mercedes still is dreaming of art deco for their latest: https://www.dezeen.com/2017/08/22/me...from-art-deco/

Old 01-22-2022, 11:01 AM

and if you would like to look at your gorgeous car without having to move from your seat and going to the garage, here are some videos...thats what i do, because mine is winterized and under a cover.
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-wana-see.html

Old 01-22-2022, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by ZERACER
And maybe a Kharmen Ghia?
thats a good 1 !
considering that it is Karmann Ghia , and carmen is a girls name...
but there are other cars with girls names, isnt it? remember the lolas?
https://www.google.ca/search?sxsrf=A...&bih=880&dpr=1
and of course mercedes...another girl name, isnt it?

Last edited by phil alvirez; 01-22-2022 at 11:13 AM.

Quick Reply: love at first sight