General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

How has the Covid-19 virus affected you?

Old 06-02-2020, 09:54 AM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: How has the Covid-19 virus affected you?

How has Covid 19 AKA Wuhan Virus affected me? It almost killed me even without contracting the virus. i'll explain. I had a heart attack on the 30th of March and the ambulance took me to a nearby hospital. Once there I discovered they had no cardiac center and I was to be transferred to another hospital with a good cardiac department. My transfer was canceled for lack of room at the other hospital. Then I began to have the normal symptoms post heart attack which mirror Covid 19 symptoms. Panic ensued. No transfer, just waiting not knowing what was going on. No visitors allowed in intensive care. It turns out the hospital staff was convinced I had the virus. I was tested 5 times, all negative. However the delay of 4 days made my condition critical and I went on a ventilator. (It's a torture machine like no other) 20 days drowning on the thing. I won't go into details but the protocols at the hospital changed daily, some days had several changes. They were constantly short of supplies, part of the protocol changes were to conserve what they had. The nurses were 2 weeks late being payed. My time in the first hospital had several resignations for lack of pay and constantly changing protocols. Much confusion. I just returned home after 2 months in 2 hospitals. Something that would have been attended to in days became an obstacle course of near death experiences. I was tested twice for the virus in the 2nd hospital as well. If I had died the cause would have been from a heart attack when in reality the main cause would have been the absolute panic and caos in the hospitals. I pray hospitals are coping better where you live.

Les

Old 06-02-2020, 10:46 AM
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by velociabstract
How has Covid 19 AKA Wuhan Virus affected me? It almost killed me even without contracting the virus. i'll explain. I had a heart attack on the 30th of March and the ambulance took me to a nearby hospital. Once there I discovered they had no cardiac center and I was to be transferred to another hospital with a good cardiac department. My transfer was canceled for lack of room at the other hospital. Then I began to have the normal symptoms post heart attack which mirror Covid 19 symptoms. Panic ensued. No transfer, just waiting not knowing what was going on. No visitors allowed in intensive care. It turns out the hospital staff was convinced I had the virus. I was tested 5 times, all negative. However the delay of 4 days made my condition critical and I went on a ventilator. (It's a torture machine like no other) 20 days drowning on the thing. I won't go into details but the protocols at the hospital changed daily, some days had several changes. They were constantly short of supplies, part of the protocol changes were to conserve what they had. The nurses were 2 weeks late being payed. My time in the first hospital had several resignations for lack of pay and constantly changing protocols. Much confusion. I just returned home after 2 months in 2 hospitals. Something that would have been attended to in days became an obstacle course of near death experiences. I was tested twice for the virus in the 2nd hospital as well. If I had died the cause would have been from a heart attack when in reality the main cause would have been the absolute panic and caos in the hospitals. I pray hospitals are coping better where you live.

Les
I am glad you are out of hospital and on the mend. That must have been a frightful experience to go through, luckily you came through it.

Old 06-02-2020, 10:58 AM
Received 386 Likes on 333 Posts

Les

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the 'death' certificate would have been marked CoVid-19. Seems the more deaths due to this virus, the more the media outrage that fuels the hype and panic...

Hope your doing better and well Les!

Old 06-02-2020, 11:20 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Les
Thank you for sharing that Les. Very glad you made it through that; 2 months is just incredible! It's never a good time to have a heart attack; but yours was bad timing for sure. With occasional shortness of breath, and a bit on the claustrophobic side, I would panic just thinking about getting intubated.

Old 06-02-2020, 11:28 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the 'death' certificate would have been marked CoVid-19. Seems the more deaths due to this virus, the more the media outrage that fuels the hype and panic...

Hope your doing better and well Les!

A close friends wife went in to E.R. after getting a pinched nerve in shoulder that was too painful to simply deal with. When she left the hospital, the paper work stated what she came in for, followed by the words COVID 19. WHAT?? I saw it with my own eyes.

Old 07-03-2020, 08:32 AM
Forum Regular
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Many will not doubt your observations, especially when the famed Dr. Fauci is exposed with Slik Willie at Epstiens Pedophile Island. He was on the Lolita Express passenger manifest. That will wake up the "mask wearers". Pictures exist. Think Maxwell's recent arrest. WWG1WGA

The following users liked this post:
pizzaguy (07-03-2020)
Old 07-03-2020, 09:01 AM
Forum Regular
Received 196 Likes on 139 Posts

If you don’t think an EVIL DEEP STATE exists......here is proof that we are being controlled..........How have these evil people come to be so powerful ?

Nothing is coincidental. Everything is political.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...g-definitions/

Old 07-03-2020, 10:21 AM

Conspiracy theories, politics and religion have no reason to be on this forum at all.
I did not start this thread for it to wander in this absurd this manner.

Thankfully Canadians and other democratic societies do not subscribe to these idiotic theories.

Erase these offending posts or I am finished with this forum.

Last edited by onehundred80; 07-03-2020 at 11:34 AM.
Old 07-03-2020, 10:30 AM
Forum Regular
Received 132 Likes on 104 Posts

Mandatory mask-wearing is decided at the local-level (county or city) in the state of Alabama. In Jefferson County where I am it became mandatory on Monday of this week. Yesterday I forgot to put it on when I went into the Walmart but already had a few items in my cart with just a couple to go. I felt like a criminal until I noticed a few more people without masks, but no more than 5% scofflaws like myself for sure. But having lived with the anxiety I doubt I'll ever forget it again!

Old 07-03-2020, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by WD40
Mandatory mask-wearing is decided at the local-level (county or city) in the state of Alabama. In Jefferson County where I am it became mandatory on Monday of this week. Yesterday I forgot to put it on when I went into the Walmart but already had a few items in my cart with just a couple to go. I felt like a criminal until I noticed a few more people without masks, but no more than 5% scofflaws like myself for sure. But having lived with the anxiety I doubt I'll ever forget it again!
Wise man, masks help prevent us passing the virus to others and somewhat less in the other direction.
When carriers pass the virus to less than one other person on average we have it beaten.
Passing the virus to one more person the virus wins.
Get with the program, clean your hands, keep your distance and wear a mask when among people you do not live with.
On again, off again steps against the pandemic are not helping at all.
Scofflaws are the enemy. The lessons should be taught from the top down.
Now is the time to love thy neighbour, you owe it to them as they owe it to you. I am an atheist so that is not a religious statement.

Old 07-03-2020, 01:10 PM
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
When carriers pass the virus to less than one other person on average we have it beaten.
Passing the virus to one more person the virus wins.
I disagree, Dave. The ONLY way to get a virus behind us is to let is spread to, essentially, the entire population -so that herd immunity develops. THEN, and ONLY THEN, can the vulnerable go back to a normal life.

On again, off again steps against the pandemic are not helping at all.
This I DO agree with, but not as you intended. I believe the vulnerable must isolate 100% for the time being. I do not believe that isolating EVERYONE is the right thing to do - we did that so hospitals could 'ramp up' and get ready - makes sense. But the next step SHOULD have been a complete move back to "normal" (with the vulnerable isolated); we then let the virus spread like fire - and herd immunity takes over. THEN, the vulnerable and everyone else can go back to a normal life.

That is how I see it.

Old 07-03-2020, 01:13 PM
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts

Guys, I can't clean this thread up. Politics is FORBIDDEN on this forum, but in this case, it leaked in, slowly at first - I don't see how to be fair and clean this thread up.
And I don't want to spend my day off doing so anyway... so, thread closed - which I hate doing.