Interior Any questions or information related to interior go in here.

Molded Carbon Fiber dash and body pieces

Old 03-29-2008, 03:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Molded Carbon Fiber dash and body pieces

yes i am. i live in batavia(right down randall from you) i was in crystal lake last weekend. ive talked to gary on the phone.

Old 03-29-2008, 03:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Voyager,

If it is the same technique and they claim it is real, they are flat out lying! It is a pattern. Same with the wood. If done properly it is hard to tell the difference. If you have seen their work and can vouch for its appearance, fine. I can only say that my guys have been doing this for over 10 years and just like any quality work, it is more in the prep than anything else.

My prices have been at wholesale for forum members. If their quality is the same and they can do it all for $300 then their costs are even less than mine. The one week turn around is because they are local. My 3 week estimate allows for time in and out. This has not been a profit center for me. So if it looks good go for it!

Originally Posted by Voyager
fp i saw you live in crystal lake. i just wanted to let you know i have found a place in illinois (st. charles) that uses REAL carbon fiber. its basically the same technique and they can also do ANY wood dash you want. turn around time is 1 week. its beautiful work i saw it on there project z06.

EDIT: price for all the silver in the car is 300 flat

Old 03-29-2008, 03:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well i am unsure what the process you do is and it is probably over my head. but my srt-4 body panels were almost completly carbon fiber, so i have seen a good amount of it and i know that whatever they do is pure 100% carbon fiber. and yes i know that he one week turn around is because there local and that was what i was looking for. i just cant go 3 or 4 weeks without my dash because im sending it across america, even though i do love california and it would probably be the only part of my car that will EVER see california other than me driving it. and the price is a fairly good chop offf the original price for any srt-6 owner because i have spend well into the tens of thousands of dollars there. so he is hooking anyone he sees up with a srt-6 or crossfire.

Old 03-29-2008, 08:08 PM

Understand, if it is what they say it is a great deal. My comments about the process is if they plan to use Hydro-graphics (the most common for what you are saying, then it is not "real" CF. I am not knocking the end result, we do the same thing. But, I will never claim it to be real. The process requires preparing the part (sanding and smoothing), painting the part the desired base coat (and prepping), cutting a "fabric" pattern to slightly oversize and floating it in a tank of water that has an activating solution in it, then slowling immersing the part into the pattern allowing it to adhere to all the contours of the part, again prepping and clearcoat (we use two coats), sanding and polishing. All that takes around a week allowing for proper drying times.

If someone is applying this to YOUR parts it is synthetic. Like I said before, nothing wrong with this if done right.

If it is custom parts, think about it. They may do it for you because in your own words you have done tens of thousands in business with them. If you were doing that level of business with me, I might not charge you at all.

All said, I hope this all works out for you. Totally no hard feelings on my part. I just like to see another forum member get exactly what they want wherever they get it from.

well i am unsure what the process you do is and it is probably over my head. but my srt-4 body panels were almost completly carbon fiber, so i have seen a good amount of it and i know that whatever they do is pure 100% carbon fiber. and yes i know that he one week turn around is because there local and that was what i was looking for. i just cant go 3 or 4 weeks without my dash because im sending it across america, even though i do love california and it would probably be the only part of my car that will EVER see california other than me driving it. and the price is a fairly good chop offf the original price for any srt-6 owner because i have spend well into the tens of thousands of dollars there. so he is hooking anyone he sees up with a srt-6 or crossfire.

Old 05-11-2008, 05:53 AM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Another great job by SRT SIX.

Old 06-05-2008, 06:07 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone get the blue done??

Old 01-09-2009, 10:07 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this service still available? I am seriously considering the red!

Old 01-09-2009, 10:31 PM

Still offering this. Check for a PM.

Karl

Originally Posted by ProjectMayhem
Is this service still available? I am seriously considering the red!

Old 01-10-2009, 12:41 AM

where can i get some interior work like that!!!!tell me....gotta have it

Old 01-10-2009, 01:29 AM

Wow, didn't even know that this thread existed. Thanks for digging this out from the archives!

Old 01-10-2009, 01:33 AM

no problem!!!i want this!!!NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Old 01-10-2009, 07:43 AM

Send me a PM when you want to do this.

Karl

Originally Posted by shreker
no problem!!!i want this!!!NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Old 02-10-2009, 04:46 PM

Hey Guy's (and Girl's), can anyone give me the information on who does quality carbon fiber work? I live in Northwest Indiana (near Chicago).
Thanks

Old 02-10-2009, 08:40 PM

I've seen the work on SRT SIX's car - it is simply perfect - if this is the look you want, I doubt you could find a more professional job - It really does look like the car came from the factory that way - oh, and my wife was equally impressed.

Old 02-11-2009, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by shreker
Never has a person's screen name been more appropriate

Old 02-13-2009, 10:41 PM

Do you guys make it in brushed aluminum?

Old 03-03-2009, 08:46 PM
KJN

Hi Voyager,
I am interested in the flat 300 dollar price. From what I understand it is the same process as the other. Where the material wraps around the product, no edges showing. Do you have contact information, a website perhaps?
Thanks for any help.
KJN

Old 03-04-2009, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by KJN
Hi Voyager,
I am interested in the flat 300 dollar price. From what I understand it is the same process as the other. Where the material wraps around the product, no edges showing. Do you have contact information, a website perhaps?
Thanks for any help.
KJN
X2... I work in St.Charles.... who does this for you?

Old 03-04-2009, 08:16 PM

you do the window surround and grille, but could you do the door handles and side strakes as well?

Old 03-04-2009, 09:23 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Looks GREAT!
Will it make my car faster?

Quick Reply: Molded Carbon Fiber dash and body pieces