Interior Any questions or information related to interior go in here.

New headliner, pretty easy to replace.

Old 08-09-2015, 01:55 AM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New headliner, pretty easy to replace.

Replaced my headliner around a month ago and forgot to share pics about it lol. Used a gray that matches the light gray from the slate interior set of colors.
Getting the headliner out and back in was the hard part.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_20150710_195253.jpg (2.37 MB, 667 views)
IMG_20150710_222513.jpg (604.5 KB, 521 views)
IMG_20150711_093753.jpg (1.61 MB, 555 views)

Last edited by Adrian_X; 08-09-2015 at 02:04 AM.
Old 08-09-2015, 09:24 AM
Received 534 Likes on 451 Posts
Default Re: New headliner, pretty easy to replace.

Originally Posted by Adrian_X
Replaced my headliner around a month ago and forgot to share pics about it lol. Used a gray that matches the light gray from the slate interior set of colors.
Getting the headliner out and back in was the hard part.
Nice job, I dread ever having to do that.

Old 08-09-2015, 10:27 AM
Forum Regular

I didn't wanna have to do it too, but it really wasn't bad. Just tedious to get it out and back into the car. Gotta get creative with it lol

The following users liked this post:
×Crossfire1× (02-02-2023)
Old 08-09-2015, 08:28 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I also did a replacement on mine. I guess I didn't use strong enough glue because mine has began to droop down. Not really worried about it though. It's a twenty minute job with three sets of hands on board.

The following users liked this post:
×Crossfire1× (02-02-2023)
Old 08-10-2015, 03:04 PM
Received 64 Likes on 31 Posts

Did you have any issues taking the board down? I have to do mine as well.

Old 08-11-2015, 12:17 AM
Forum Regular

Aside from wiggling it out and back in the car, no. Just be careful when you take the holding pins out from the back of the headboard, they are under the pillars in the trunk area on each side. Also, be very careful with your rear view mirror.

Old 08-11-2015, 10:01 AM
Received 64 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrian_X
Aside from wiggling it out and back in the car, no. Just be careful when you take the holding pins out from the back of the headboard, they are under the pillars in the trunk area on each side. Also, be very careful with your rear view mirror.
Ok cool, thanks. I'll tackle it this weekend.

Old 08-16-2015, 01:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also may want to lay down some cloth on the dashboard area. When taking my headliner out I wound up causing a few small scratches in the plastic near the odometer(just behind the steering wheel), where the fiberglass ceiling panel "rubbed" a bit during removal.

Also I believe the instructions on the forum mention prying off the front pillars, I did not do that. After removing the back trunk pieces and disconnecting the pins holding the ceiling up, I was able to just slide the front lips of the ceiling out of the tops of the front pillars. Leaving the front pillars in place also gave me an extra hand(was doing the job solo) when putting the top back in, I was able to rest the front of the ceiling on top of those while I put the pins back in on the backside.

Old 08-16-2015, 11:08 PM
Forum Regular

Long as my glue holds up, I'm happy with the hand done result lol. It help up in 100+ degrees so I think it'll do for a while

Old 07-21-2016, 03:28 PM

"Removing the back trunk pieces" - how? Clips? Where? Pics anyone?

Regards Fildo

Old 08-06-2016, 05:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the same questions. My factory headliner is a lost cause. Wondering if I should attempt the repair myself or take it to a professional. So much for the lifetime warranty that I purchased from Chrysler.

Old 08-07-2016, 07:29 PM
Administrator
Received 878 Likes on 684 Posts

Depends on how you define "Professional"...

Personally, NO ONE cares about your car as much as YOU do, no matter HOW much you pay them. I'd rather spend two weekends working on my car than PAYING someone who may or may not do it well enough for me.

Old 08-07-2016, 09:55 PM
Received 369 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by Towncrier
I have the same questions. My factory headliner is a lost cause. Wondering if I should attempt the repair myself or take it to a professional. So much for the lifetime warranty that I purchased from Chrysler.

You can take out the headliner and take it to a shop that would recover it. I went to a couple of dealerships, and asked the collision shop (or the service department) who they sub this type of work to. Got a guy that did mine for slightly over 60 bucks and gave me a 1 yr warranty. Put it back in after a couple of days later (letting it set fully). That was over a year ago, it is still looking fantastic! So, if your patient, and study up on some of the posts (and find a shop that will recover it with a form of a warranty), you can get it done pretty inexpensively.

Old 08-09-2016, 05:32 PM
JSK
Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

Pulled the headliner out of my SRT over the weekend and took it to an upholstery shop I have dealt with for years. They had two levels of fabric in the right color. One was a smooth foam backed fabric at $85 installed and the other a lightly textured foam backed fabric that was a near perfect match to the original at $125 installed. Went for the textured. I'll post how it looks when I pick it up. Thanks to everyone who has posted extra tips after doing their own, it went quite smoothly.

Old 08-17-2016, 01:27 PM
JSK
Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

Picked up the headliner today, it looks good. They did wrap the fabric over to the back and glued it in place all around the edges. Won't have time to install it till the weekend and will also wrap up some other installs I didn't get done last weekend.

Old 10-12-2016, 06:17 PM
Received 522 Likes on 415 Posts

Started the removal process on my headliner today. Everything up front (map lights, Tire Pressure Module, sun visors) was easy to remove & disconnect. Not real comfortable getting the A-pillar interior trim loose. How hard do I have to pull to get these loose?

The cloth material itself was a lost cause. I was able to get it pulled out with the headliner still in the car. Interior trim at the C-pillar came away from its upper mount rather easily.

FYI - the 2 fasteners securing the map light module require a T20 Torx bit to remove. Don't remember whether anyone stated that before.

Old 10-13-2016, 08:42 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking Re: New headliner, pretty easy to replace.

Remember to consider adding the noise quietning dyna max to the roof to reduce the noise in the car while the headliner is out, Woody enjoy

Old 11-16-2016, 12:39 PM

Background: new member; I just got a 2005 Crossfire Coupe Limited with just over 30K miles. I'm very happy with car but the headliner is drooping on the driver's side. I debated just trying to get the liner loose on that side and spray adhesive into it but it seems like removing the whole headliner isn't that hard. No one has mentioned whether the rubber window seal needs to be removed. Is that necessary? More pictures of the process would be great! Thanks in advance for your help!

Natemo

Old 11-16-2016, 02:18 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Natemo
Background: new member; I just got a 2005 Crossfire Coupe Limited with just over 30K miles. I'm very happy with car but the headliner is drooping on the driver's side. I debated just trying to get the liner loose on that side and spray adhesive into it but it seems like removing the whole headliner isn't that hard. No one has mentioned whether the rubber window seal needs to be removed. Is that necessary? More pictures of the process would be great! Thanks in advance for your help!

Natemo

The rubber window seals are not removed. I found that removing the whole glove box door made the removal and install a snap.

Also remove the b pillar trim before removing the large grey sails behind the quarter windows. Start by moving the seat belt to the side where it comes out of the black trim under the quarter window - you will see a gold colored screw remove this first - then start lifting the black trim from the front it is held on with clips that are close to the quarter window.

Old 11-16-2016, 04:40 PM

Thanks csteve0355, I plan on getting this done in the next few days. The liner rubbing my head is driving me crazy!

Quick Reply: New headliner, pretty easy to replace.